Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Costco protein powders - online and in-store

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 4th, 2022 3:12 pm
Feb 21, 2017
161 posts
77 upvotes
Blehblet wrote: MP Combat Chocolate reviews are saying that cookies n cream is superior. I'll give it a shot, can't stand chocolate flavoured powder anymore.

Thanks for the heads up OP.
I put in a spoon of some PB2 to counter the sweet flavor.
Jun 14, 2019
3 posts
1 upvote
I don't like stevia (or lo han or most of the others). It's like those people who think cilantro tastes like soap. Can anyone comment on how noticeable it is for someone who doesn't like it?
Jun 17, 2017
74 posts
63 upvotes
Went to Costco at Warden in GTA.

Inquired about cookies and cream MP. They said they will not get a shipment in. It shows discontinued with the item # that I gave from the Costco website.

So unless it's given a new item # when it goes on salev later on this month online is the only way to go.

Never had MP C&C as I usually have Kaizen but I'm low and with people in this thread talking about it decided to give it a go.

Thought I'd provide an update on those wanting to pick up the C&C in store for $5 less...
Nov 26, 2021
42 posts
49 upvotes
Have you considered mixing with an Unflavored Protein powder ?
ThatGuy1121 wrote: I bought a tub of the chocolate Kaizen this past month. I can barely handle the taste because it's really sweet. Would it be wrong to return it? I feel pretty bad returning food items when nothing is really wrong with it, lol.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2001
5431 posts
1210 upvotes
rural ontario
I purchased MP chocolate for years. But after September of 2021 all my Costco MP bags have been terrible. Poor taste, chalky and very hard to mix.

I may try one again from another retailer as they may have cheaped out on the mix for the costco bulk.
Jul 12, 2019
196 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
MP product OOS online? Had a couple in my cart and when I went to check out later in the day I got the 'item no longer available' screen
Nov 14, 2017
42 posts
28 upvotes
Seems they only brought back the Cookie & Cream flavour temporarily, the Chocolate Milk flavour is still in stock thou.
Jul 17, 2019
177 posts
308 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
Nothing can beat the Dymatize iso 100 deal they had last year.. wish I purchased a couple more (bought 4 lol!)
😎 Money Saved is Money Earned 😎
Jul 12, 2019
196 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
jackkk wrote: Seems they only brought back the Cookie & Cream flavour temporarily, the Chocolate Milk flavour is still in stock thou.
Must be in warehouse only as nothing is being shown online (in Ontario)
Nov 15, 2020
68 posts
98 upvotes
MP Combat, they are adding "cheaper" single amino acids to increase the protein amount, so in the lab test protein amount is tested higher than it originally is. If you check the ingredients list, you will see, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine.
You can watch this for more info about this:
Mar 4, 2019
76 posts
147 upvotes
Leanfit chocolate is delicious! Add a little salt and maybe a little bit of coffee cream and it turns into smooth tasting chocolate milk. Its the salt that makes it smooth.
Jan 22, 2006
139 posts
127 upvotes
Toronto
solasguitarra wrote: MP Combat, they are adding "cheaper" single amino acids to increase the protein amount, so in the lab test protein amount is tested higher than it originally is. If you check the ingredients list, you will see, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine.
The amino acids you listed are BCAAs and are actually more expensive. These may actually make a better product if you believe additional BCAAs augment muscle growth . Cheaper amino acids used to spike protein content are glycine and taurine which are non essential amino acids and provide no benefit.
Jun 25, 2017
91 posts
181 upvotes
zaweet wrote: The amino acids you listed are BCAAs and are actually more expensive. These may actually make a better product if you believe additional BCAAs augment muscle growth . Cheaper amino acids used to spike protein content are glycine and taurine which are non essential amino acids and provide no benefit.
You can still amino spike with any free form amino acid including BCAAs. Obviously it's not as cost effective and frowned upon as using the cheaper glycine and taurine but it is still a simple way to "up" the protein content you can claim on the label. The fact that there generally is no need to add any additional amino acids to high quality blends and that this is their budget oriented offering makes this a questionable product.
Jan 2, 2017
911 posts
1275 upvotes
solasguitarra wrote: MP Combat, they are adding "cheaper" single amino acids to increase the protein amount, so in the lab test protein amount is tested higher than it originally is. If you check the ingredients list, you will see, l-leucine, l-isoleucine, l-valine.
Sean's one of the legit fitness youtuber I follow. Glad to see others watching his videos too because I believe he's very underrated.
Dec 22, 2008
538 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Tincan wrote: https://imgur.com/19oAi4x

Item # is 1545255 for anyone looking. I noticed this last week as well. Not going to win over any $/kg folks especially with the musclepharm at $35 but I've always been satisfied with it so I don't mind the price. This is a good deal as it's usually $85 elsewhere for the 2.27kg tubs so it's about the best price you can get for ON.
I called Costco, and this isn't carried anywhere in GTA
Jun 17, 2017
74 posts
63 upvotes
Tincan wrote:
https://imgur.com/19oAi4x

Item # is 1545255 for anyone looking. I noticed this last week as well. Not going to win over any $/kg folks especially with the musclepharm at $35 but I've always been satisfied with it so I don't mind the price. This is a good deal as it's usually $85 elsewhere for the 2.27kg tubs so it's about the best price you can get for ON.
Interested in trying this but it's not available in the Toronto area... How to get a bag..

Hmm
Jul 7, 2018
73 posts
214 upvotes
ThatGuy1121 wrote: I bought a tub of the chocolate Kaizen this past month. I can barely handle the taste because it's really sweet. Would it be wrong to return it? I feel pretty bad returning food items when nothing is really wrong with it, lol.
Mix it with plain Greek yogurt at a 1g whey:10g yogurt ratio. The tartness of the yogurt will tone down the sweetness and the sweetness of the whey will tone down the tartness of the yogurt. You're left with a delicious light mousse flavour/texture that you can mix with other things (nuts, berries) if you like!

Or make some baked goods with it. You don't have to drink it. :)
Dec 12, 2017
8 posts
1 upvote
How good is protein powder good for? I have 2 tubs I bought over a year ago.
Jul 12, 2019
196 posts
160 upvotes
Toronto
Da13id wrote: Interested in trying this but it's not available in the Toronto area... How to get a bag..

Hmm
The MP Combat is still available from Costco thru Instacart...I got some yesterday...they still give the $15 off but due to it being Instacart there's a mark up so expect to pay about $5 more for the item thus bringing the savings down to about $10 off...still worth it for me as it saves me running around the city like an idiot looking for something and burning more $ in gas than savings on the item

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)