Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Redbull YMMV - $29.89

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2019 2:12 am
Feb 26, 2015
50 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto, ON
mrmanpreetsingh wrote: 1. Doesn’t seem like you understand what kind of effect a stimulant has when mixed with a depressant.

2. There is a reason why bars won’t mix that for you

3. Please stop recommending/spreading information that may cause any harm to others.
Every bar and nightclub I’ve been to all over Canada and the world has mixed my vodka Red Bulls for me, without any question or judgement.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
princ3ali wrote: Every bar and nightclub I’ve been to all over Canada and the world has mixed my vodka Red Bulls for me, without any question or judgement.
Still dumb. It affects your heart in non-trivial ways, is it worth it for a drink that tastes like rancid urine?
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Nov 26, 2015
885 posts
659 upvotes
Ontario
Red Rain and Red Bull does NOT even come close to tasting the same. They are not even the same colour when poured. Red rain has a much more sour taste. Red bull is more sweeter. Red Rain tastes quite bad when mixed with v**** vs red bull tasting quite good. I have gone through many cases of each. Red rain has gone as low as $10.99 a case of 24 at Costco before.

FYI for some. Red Bull 8 packs has gone on sale TWICE recently at shoppers drug mart for $9.99. The latest sale being just last week in the GTA.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
redflagdealsguy wrote: Still dumb. It affects your heart in non-trivial ways, is it worth it for a drink that tastes like rancid urine?
fyi..
I am red bull junkie..been drinking a few cans a day for years..I brought a can of the zero(no sugar) to my diabetic doctor and dietitian to inspect ingredients...their conclusion..while on the good side of the fence about caffeine and being a diabetic... there was nothing that was going to be detrimental to my health in it...aside from being over caffeinated...nothing else bad...even some good..

too bad they stopped selling zero here ...especially the acai version, no I am limited to trips to the states, or drop shipping from amazon
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: Still dumb. It affects your heart in non-trivial ways, is it worth it for a drink that tastes like rancid urine?
The real question here is, how do you know what rancid urine tastes like ?
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
mrmanpreetsingh wrote: 1. Doesn’t seem like you understand what kind of effect a stimulant has when mixed with a depressant.

3. Please stop recommending/spreading information that may cause any harm to others.
Dr. Cabbie to the rescue everyone !!!!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27110 posts
37052 upvotes
dilligafeh wrote: The real question here is, how do you know what rancid urine tastes like ?
BroScience cocktails. Essence of RFDGuy.

It's 2019, don't judge.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
redflagdealsguy wrote: BroScience cocktails. Essence of RFDGuy.

It's 2019, don't judge.
Nah man no judgment here. Golden showers bring April flowers...
Sep 30, 2010
293 posts
306 upvotes
Mississauga

Hey everyone, I found the guy who uses 2 condoms when he bangs a broad thinking it adds an added level of safety.

Geez dude. You're like the prototypical beige corolla no-fun dude.

And you're wrong. Rum, Vodka, Gin, & Red Bull are staples in toronto bars
Oct 17, 2006
751 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
The Combination of Ingredients in Energy Drinks
One of the biggest concerns is that we just don't know enough about the effect of the combination of ingredients in energy drinks.

Many ingredients are believed to work synergistically with caffeine to boost its stimulant power.

For instance, one can of Red Bull® contains 1000 mg of taurine. A German double-blind study compared a taurine and caffeine drink, a caffeine-only drink, and a placebo drink. Stroke volume—the volume of blood ejected with each beat of the heart—was increased only in the group taking the taurine-and-caffeine drink. Taurine appears to play an important role in muscle contraction (especially in the heart) and the nervous system.

Red Bull® also contains 600 mg of glucuronolactone, a substance that is naturally found in the body.

There is a lack of published information on the health effects of glucuronolactone supplementation in humans or on the safety of this combination.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
statick wrote: The Combination of Ingredients in Energy Drinks
One of the biggest concerns is that we just don't know enough about the effect of the combination of ingredients in energy drinks.

Many ingredients are believed to work synergistically with caffeine to boost its stimulant power.

For instance, one can of Red Bull® contains 1000 mg of taurine. A German double-blind study compared a taurine and caffeine drink, a caffeine-only drink, and a placebo drink. Stroke volume—the volume of blood ejected with each beat of the heart—was increased only in the group taking the taurine-and-caffeine drink. Taurine appears to play an important role in muscle contraction (especially in the heart) and the nervous system.

Red Bull® also contains 600 mg of glucuronolactone, a substance that is naturally found in the body.

There is a lack of published information on the health effects of glucuronolactone supplementation in humans or on the safety of this combination.
I have done my own study with my own body...and this is post diabetes (nothing I am proud of btw)...I drink so much redbull that it would blow the paranoid goody two shoes mind..15 years later, my heart is great, BP is great , everything else is good, and because of my med and eating habits..A1C is just over 6 ....if all the stuff assumed about redbull that you post is true, I would be dead a few years ago.. I also abuse my body in other ways too..but this is PG13 here in RFD....and to add , I am in my 50's
conclusion...whats the big deal?

just to add...if you are the type that gets drunk on 1 drink, afraid to take tylenol3 , wasted off 1 toke...then maybe you should stay away from this stuff as you will shoot to the moon...stick to decafe and milk.....but keep your sanctimonious sermons to yourself and out of threads like this PLEASE
Last edited by Guest49293848 on Apr 23rd, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2013
1205 posts
1392 upvotes
statick wrote: The Combination of Ingredients in Energy Drinks

Yeah. It's been a while since I've had an energy drink but I remember feeling a bit more edgy/nervous off them than compared to a cup of coffee... even if the caffeine amount was roughly similar. Assumed it was the sugar but maybe it was other ingredients.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
3019 upvotes
keenland
xboxrrr wrote: Yeah. It's been a while since I've had an energy drink but I remember feeling a bit more edgy/nervous off them than compared to a cup of coffee... even if the caffeine amount was roughly similar. Assumed it was the sugar but maybe it was other ingredients.
although it makes you think things taste great...sugar is very bad for you..and addictive too..probably what helped wire you... 1 can has about 3 tsp in it
Dec 18, 2016
199 posts
611 upvotes
Edmonton
jackpie wrote: Hey everyone, I found the guy who uses 2 condoms when he bangs a broad thinking it adds an added level of safety.

Geez dude. You're like the prototypical beige corolla no-fun dude.

And you're wrong. Rum, Vodka, Gin, & Red Bull are staples in toronto bars
My academic research was based on alcohol + red bull effects on cognition and decision making. (Jager bomb)

If bars are offering it, huge liability on their part as it can lead to cardiac arrest. Most of the ones I know, will only hand over the red bull and you have to mix it yourself (divergence of liability).

I guess only few benefit from education, for rest, it’s all boring.

**No I don’t use two condoms at once, Magnum XL are always available in limited quantities
Koodo: Unlimited calling $40 for 10 gb + 1000 international minutes
Deal Guru
Aug 15, 2015
10417 posts
7483 upvotes
ON
mrmanpreetsingh wrote: My academic research was based on alcohol + red bull effects on cognition and decision making. (Jager bomb)

If bars are offering it, huge liability on their part as it can lead to cardiac arrest. Most of the ones I know, will only hand over the red bull and you have to mix it yourself (divergence of liability).

I guess only few benefit from education, for rest, it’s all boring.

**No I don’t use two condoms at once, Magnum XL are always available in limited quantities
You do know how to use it right ?
Mar 31, 2009
322 posts
249 upvotes
Soviet Canuckistan
mapleleafs89 wrote: I get the red rain from Costco, costs half of this and tastes the same to me.
Do they still sell it? It's been MIA from BC/AB Costcos since January.. You can get it at RCW, but the price is no better than any other energy drink.
Full Throttle and Rockstar tend to go on-sale more often @RCW for 12-packs of 473ml cans making them a better deal.
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2010
1048 posts
853 upvotes
Milton
jackpie wrote: Hey everyone, I found the guy who uses 2 condoms when he bangs a broad thinking it adds an added level of safety.
It doesn't?

looks down at crotch...
Apr 4, 2017
307 posts
242 upvotes
Red Rain tastes better and costs way less. This is still a good deal if you prefer Red Bull though.
May 31, 2009
180 posts
228 upvotes
Usually grab some amped from Dollarama for my energy fix.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)