• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2020 11:10 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 12, 2006
213 posts
152 upvotes

[Costco] Costco Roomba E6 for $299

Great Roomba, been using it for 3 weeks now. I also bought the shark IQ. The Roomba cleaned the carpet even more after it was done by IQ. For $299 I would say go for it. Btw save on the self emptying ones by just using the hand vac to clean it.
10 replies
Oct 10, 2008
51 posts
224 upvotes
avko wrote: Great Roomba, been using it for 3 weeks now. I also bought the shark IQ. The Roomba cleaned the carpet even more after it was done by IQ. For $299 I would say go for it. Btw save on the self emptying ones by just using the hand vac to clean it.
I was just looking at the Shark IQ at CT. Is this the Shark IQ you had? The main thing that drew me to it was the intelligent navigation for 50$ more, and sure the self clean is good too. Are you noticing a significant improvement in performance with your Roomba, enough to sacrifice the nav and self cleaning on this Shark IQ model? Any feedback would be appreciated! I have 1 or 2 thin office rugs, but mostly tiles and hardwood flooring.
Feb 21, 2008
284 posts
81 upvotes
In my opinion, the Neato D4 for $300 was a better deal. Lidar > VSlam > Random Navigation.
Oct 14, 2014
125 posts
224 upvotes
Halifax, NS
mark_in_2k wrote: And then use a Dyson to clean out the hand vac. It’s like a Vacuum Centipede!
Use the shop-vac to empty the Dyson.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5225 posts
2212 upvotes
LOL what a scam. Buy yourself a real vacuum not this fad.
Oct 18, 2012
104 posts
15 upvotes
We evaluated e6 for a few days and compared with more expensive 960. there is big difference when these robots are smart. 960 has The ability to navigate and clean in a pattern makes it significantly better and efficient. E6 just randomly bounces around. Good improvement in cleaning power too. Happy with 960.
Finally, with Higher price point you get more features, depends how much u want to spend.
[OP]
Dec 12, 2006
213 posts
152 upvotes
Canadianmist wrote: I was just looking at the Shark IQ at CT. Is this the Shark IQ you had? The main thing that drew me to it was the intelligent navigation for 50$ more, and sure the self clean is good too. Are you noticing a significant improvement in performance with your Roomba, enough to sacrifice the nav and self cleaning on this Shark IQ model? Any feedback would be appreciated! I have 1 or 2 thin office rugs, but mostly tiles and hardwood flooring.
Please buy this from Costco if you have to for the extra warranty. And if you do need a powerful and yes reviews of robotvac show that Roomba’s do a better job of vacuuming carpets. I have seen it too. I have a dog that sheds and place is kept cleaner with the E6. The secret to running this bare minimum vac is virtual walls. Dividing the kitchen and family room then doing the hall way. So not a hands free job placing the virtual walls to block but then cleaning in sections ensures thorough cleaning in the random manner it does. The thing I liked about the IQ is that it went about in straight lines. Did not get down to mapping because I vacuumed the same carpeted area with e6 and that bin got filled. So did not plan on keeping the iq. If you need a better vac than e6 with mapping and bin then go for the i4+ now on sale in Costco.