Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco: Samsung NU8000 82" HDR UHD Smart LED TV - $2,989.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 6th, 2019 6:46 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
xpoint9 wrote: A large tv is always a better option than a projector. If you are okay with loosing 24" of diagonal screen size then go for the tv.

You said the room isn't a dedicated home theater room, so there will be ambient lighting. The projector image will be washed out with any lighting.

And finally what is your budget? A screen and 4k projector of the same quality as this tv will likely be around $3500-$4500.

If your budget is higher then go with Samsung QLED or the Sony 85" I mentioned in the first post.
Thanks! I didn't have this budget in mind at all. Was initially thinking $300ish for a screen and maybe $1200ish for a projector. So say $2K. This TV with a mount and the $99 5 year warranty comes close to $4K inc taxes.

Hmm... what to do...
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2014
4203 posts
2132 upvotes
Toronto, ON
cessnabmw wrote: Thanks! I didn't have this budget in mind at all. Was initially thinking $300ish for a screen and maybe $1200ish for a projector. So say $2K. This TV with a mount and the $99 5 year warranty comes close to $4K inc taxes.

Hmm... what to do...
Buy now and think later lol.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
cessnabmw wrote: Thanks! I didn't have this budget in mind at all. Was initially thinking $300ish for a screen and maybe $1200ish for a projector. So say $2K. This TV with a mount and the $99 5 year warranty comes close to $4K inc taxes.

Hmm... what to do...
I'm guessing at that price, you're getting a 1080p projector? I don't know if there are any true 4K projectors around that price range. I myself am replacing one of my projectors in the house with this TV. There was too much light in the room to be able to use the projector and like yours, this isn't a dedicated home theater room.

You certainly can get a cheap screen and a good 1080p projector with ~3000 lumens but it certainly wont match the colors or brightness of this TV.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
This, or Visio P75-F1 for $2400? It seems like the $600 is a worthwhile upgrade for the size... and not too many other compromises according to Rtings.

I am moving into a new house in maybe May. Is it better to buy this now, or wait until closer to my move in date? I guess what I’m saying is... is it likely that will this come on sale again? I haven’t been following TVs too much, so not sure of the sales and when they come on.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2006
1075 posts
668 upvotes
I popped into the costco at 400 and hwy7 just to see this thing. And yea, its a monster. Picture looks good, but hard to judge from in store display content with likely no calibrations. 3k is way out of my price range, but for anyone in the market for 82" looks solid. I tried to ask for the demo model, but of course they cant sell me that until all the new ones are sold out. Hoped he could make an exception.
At least 8 boxes on the skid, so these wont sell out fast
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
mattchoo wrote: This, or Visio P75-F1 for $2400? It seems like the $600 is a worthwhile upgrade for the size... and not too many other compromises according to Rtings.

I am moving into a new house in maybe May. Is it better to buy this now, or wait until closer to my move in date? I guess what I’m saying is... is it likely that will this come on sale again? I haven’t been following TVs too much, so not sure of the sales and when they come on.
I think Samsung is clearing out 2018 inventory with this sale. They are making room for their new panels that were announced at CES. I'm not sure but once these are gone, they likely wont be back as they will start making newer models. and those will be higher priced 2019 models.
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
xpoint9 wrote: I think Samsung is clearing out 2018 inventory with this sale. They are making room for their new panels that were announced at CES. I'm not sure but once these are gone, they likely wont be back as they will start making newer models. and those will be higher priced 2019 models.
So... What I'm hearing is... Buy now? Like what the other guys said a few posts previous?? Buy now, think later! :). Yeah, I don't care about having the newest 2019 version, I just want a decent large screen at a great price!
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
mattchoo wrote: So... What I'm hearing is... Buy now? Like what the other guys said a few posts previous?? Buy now, think later! :). Yeah, I don't care about having the newest 2019 version, I just want a decent large screen at a great price!
and the newest one would be regular retail price as well. The price for this one when it first launched was $5,500.
Aug 9, 2013
708 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
It sounds like a good deal, but with the Visio P Quantum coming in 75", for the same price range, is it a good deal?

I would trade 7" inches for better picture quality.

Just saying...
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
Logistics are a problem... Don't have a big car/van. Is it still worth getting from a physical Costco store (because of the warranty) or should I just get the free shipping from best buy? I wish Costco sold it online! The executive membership is worth $60!
Oct 6, 2018
589 posts
1082 upvotes
Spartan2013 wrote: It sounds like a good deal, but with the Visio P Quantum coming in 75", for the same price range, is it a good deal?

I would trade 7" inches for better picture quality.

Just saying...
You are willing to risk the 7" to play the panel lottery? Go with the better quality Samsung and put your mind at ease.
Aug 9, 2013
708 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
Chipppy wrote: You are willing to risk the 7" to play the panel lottery? Go with the better quality Samsung and put your mind at ease.
I have a 70" visio m. Checked it out when I first bought it and enjoying it ever since. Plus a 5 year warranty from Costco.

Before that, I got a 75" sammy 1080 that everyone raved about and it went stupid on me when I was setting it up. No, it wasn't my fault. The service center said that it happened occasionally. Thankfully it was under 30 days and BB got back the door stop.

So yes, I will take a chance on another visio because these things can be checked....and returned. After that, it's rare to have screen issues unless there is a major failure...and warranty covers that.
Deal Addict
Nov 20, 2004
4702 posts
621 upvotes
mattchoo wrote: Logistics are a problem... Don't have a big car/van. Is it still worth getting from a physical Costco store (because of the warranty) or should I just get the free shipping from best buy? I wish Costco sold it online! The executive membership is worth $60!
Please transport this TV vertically only! It says on the box and it is recommend if you buy any TV this size you dont want the weight on the front or the back of the TV. I have seen a brand new 75" cracked during transport because it was transported horizontally in the pickup truck's bed. This doesn't always happen but there is a chance.

So if you do decide to pick it up or get it delivered, make sure its in the standing up position.
Nov 4, 2012
18 posts
11 upvotes
Ottawa
My 2cents ($6K, actually)... I compared the 82" NU8000 85" 900F, and 65" C8... I went with the 85" 900F a few weeks ago.. 900F image seemed noticeably better than the NU8000 ( which was still very good too - but seemed to not be so good on an angle.) We have a dedicated movie room and that 85" screen is beautiful... C8 was nicer picture but 65" would have been too small for us - and we didn't want to shell out for the 75" C8. We got the 900F at best buy for $4999 after agreeing to pay for geek squad calibration and 4 year warranty... around $6K+tax... ~ twice the price of the NU8000. Other than the potential for angle viewing degradation... for $3K it would be hard to beat the 82" NU8000...
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2012
4560 posts
918 upvotes
Toronto
Will this fit in a van (Honda Odyssey)?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1419 posts
5713 upvotes
Van Isle
FYI....Just phoned around on Van Isle and Victoria Costco has 3 left. None in Courtenay or Nanaimo. I am pissed off now at my procrastinating.
Abstinence makes the church grow fondlers
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
4549 posts
2623 upvotes
mattchoo wrote: So... What I'm hearing is... Buy now? Like what the other guys said a few posts previous?? Buy now, think later! :). Yeah, I don't care about having the newest 2019 version, I just want a decent large screen at a great price!
If you buy it now, you can enjoy it sooner Thumbs Up Sign
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
xpoint9 wrote: Please transport this TV vertically only! It says on the box and it is recommend if you buy any TV this size you dont want the weight on the front or the back of the TV. I have seen a brand new 75" cracked during transport because it was transported horizontally in the pickup truck's bed. This doesn't always happen but there is a chance.

So if you do decide to pick it up or get it delivered, make sure its in the standing up position.
Wow! Didn't even think of this! Thanks for the input. I would have to rent a truck/van to transport it! Definitely wouldn't fit in my mini! ;)
Oct 24, 2005
974 posts
225 upvotes
boonjaca wrote: If you buy it now, you can enjoy it sooner Thumbs Up Sign
Haha actually, if I bought it now, it would sit in the box for 3-4 months until we move into our new place!
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
27157 posts
37131 upvotes
82" is the new 75".
75" is the new 65".

2019 will be a good year.

Thank goodness that logic doesn't apply to certain appendages.
I aim to be inclusive and considerate of others in my posts. If I fall short of that mark, feel free to let me know in good faith, and where appropriate, I'll edit my posts. Thank you.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)