Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Costco - Sign up for autorenewal of your Costco membership and get BBQ Grill Scraper

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 31st, 2021 10:52 pm
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
119 posts
311 upvotes
Clarkson

[Costco] Costco - Sign up for autorenewal of your Costco membership and get BBQ Grill Scraper

I renewed my membership at Costco today and woman who was processing it told me that they have a promotion, if you enroll for auto renewal you will get BBQ grill scraper. I didn’t mind and got it. I found that this BBQ grill scrapper is on costco.ca for 26.99$, the link to it: https://www.costco.ca/lanza-bbq-grill-s ... 79455.html
Images
  • image.jpg
55 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2012
2733 posts
2035 upvotes
Calgary
I can’t recall them ever having any sort of perks for renewals... hope this is nationwide - I will check next time I’m at Costco.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
119 posts
311 upvotes
Clarkson
I don’t know if this works all across Canada. However, you can inquire about that in the area where people sign up for the membership. The location where I signed up was Costco at Laird Road, Mississauga.
Jan 4, 2014
443 posts
567 upvotes
Paris
I actually bought one two years ago (to stop using the wire bristle ones). You have to use it on the hot grill multiple times to "burn" the spacing into the wood. Then my BBQ was stolen. So it's now used as a paddle ;-)
Last edited by IslandTourGuide on Jul 3rd, 2020 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 29, 2019
161 posts
660 upvotes
I signed up for autorenewal this week as well. But instead of getting the BBQ scraper I received $20 promo code, which I can use it on Costco online only (minimum purchase $100 and expires on October 25th).
Last edited by starsoda on Jul 3rd, 2020 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 23, 2011
82 posts
67 upvotes
Vancouver
can you sign up for auto renewal online?
Nov 29, 2019
161 posts
660 upvotes
ooops123 wrote: can you sign up for auto renewal online?
I am not sure.. but if you want to receive the promo code or the scraper, you need to antorenew from the warehouse membership counter.
[OP]
Jul 30, 2019
119 posts
311 upvotes
Clarkson
Yes, it’s nationwide. I’ve just called to my Costco location (so late time :) ) and a guy told me that it should work everywhere in Canada.
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2006
2526 posts
1674 upvotes
Waterloo
IslandTourGuide wrote: I actually bought one two years ago (to stop using the wire bristle ones). You have to use it on the hot grill multiple times to "burn" the spacing into the wood. Then my BBQ was stolen. So it's now used as a paddle ;-)
hahaha... wow TMI. Face With Tears Of Joy
Congratulations!
Today is YOUR day.
You're off to great places!
You're off and away!
Deal Guru
Sep 6, 2002
10293 posts
3470 upvotes
Ahh this is why they had them near exit.

This thing is crap. Barely works. There’s some thought about bristles in food from traditionally scrapers yet people been bbq for years with no major issues.

Buy a proper brass scraper from a bbq shop. Canadian tire doesn’t carry brass.

If you get this paddle use it for bdsm or something it’s junk otherwise
Autocorrect sucks
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2016
1382 posts
1414 upvotes
ON
I have not been inside a Costco store in the last 3.5 months. Or for that matter inside any other store. Never knew I could survive without Costco...lol.

Our membership expires this month and had planned on not renewing it till things return back to normal. But now that they require membership for online purchases, may have to do a renewal. Sometimes I wonder if it’s precisely because of this reason that they have made membership mandatory for online purchases. There might have been others who may have opted out and moved to Costco online shopping only for now.

Missing their hotdogs for sure. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Winking Eye
”If you buy things you don’t need, soon you will have to sell things you need.”
Nov 29, 2015
166 posts
94 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Holystone wrote: I have not been inside a Costco store in the last 3.5 months. Or for that matter inside any other store. Never knew I could survive without Costco...lol.
I feel the same.
Not as drastic as you though. I live basically 5 min from my local Costco, used to go 2x a week, for a quick stop for dairy/cheese/etc, and now I've probably been 3 times in the last 3 months, and that's taking into consideration that I get to skip the lines, but still I'm very hesitant to go in (it's over crowed no matter what they say about limiting numbers) and have started to shop other places (that are cheaper anyways).
Guess I'd become too lax and just shopped there for convenience. I feel a lot of items don't offer major savings compared to other stores anymore.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2004
1603 posts
624 upvotes
cadave wrote: hahaha... wow TMI. Face With Tears Of Joy
I originally thought he used it as a paddle for a boat.....
Jan 8, 2020
463 posts
211 upvotes
Vancouver
Bought one of these for $4 from Dollarama few weeks ago. Good for cast iron griddles.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33175 posts
14972 upvotes
Why is this posted in Automotive deals? For those having tailgate [parties]? lol

I have one of these wooden scrapers too but I don't understand it. My sister got it for me after that whole dumb thing with the kid that died or whatever from ingesting a metal brush bristle . Meh, that's gotta be a one-in-many-millions occurrence, I just keep using my regular brush. Been using brass/metal-bristle brushes on BBQs since I was a teenager (i.e. since as long as I've used a BBQ) and haven't died nor killed anyone with food, so yeah...

Like those ads you used to see with like 5 kids dying a year from getting strangled by blind cords, lol--probably the lowest cause of death among children anywhere and it's unfathomable why they needed to make a commercial about it. I think more kids get killed by falling coconuts TBH.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
33175 posts
14972 upvotes
cadave wrote: hahaha... wow TMI. Face With Tears Of Joy
GangStarr wrote: Ahh this is why they had them near exit.

This thing is crap. Barely works. There’s some thought about bristles in food from traditionally scrapers yet people been bbq for years with no major issues.

Buy a proper brass scraper from a bbq shop. Canadian tire doesn’t carry brass.

If you get this paddle use it for bdsm or something it’s junk otherwise
LOL perhaps better used with a BB...letter-beside-the-Q in that case. Also gotta love the juxtaposition with signature:
"Did I post something that interests you? Feel free to PM further questions."
:lol:
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2246 posts
1859 upvotes
Waterloo
IslandTourGuide wrote: I actually bought one two years ago (to stop using the wire bristle ones). You have to use it on the hot grill multiple times to "burn" the spacing into the wood. Then my BBQ was stolen. So it's now used as a paddle ;-)
Stole the BBQ?

Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2007
1298 posts
2291 upvotes
Calgary
BarcaXtreme wrote: I feel the same.
Not as drastic as you though. I live basically 5 min from my local Costco, used to go 2x a week, for a quick stop for dairy/cheese/etc, and now I've probably been 3 times in the last 3 months, and that's taking into consideration that I get to skip the lines, but still I'm very hesitant to go in (it's over crowed no matter what they say about limiting numbers) and have started to shop other places (that are cheaper anyways).
Guess I'd become too lax and just shopped there for convenience. I feel a lot of items don't offer major savings compared to other stores anymore.
I signed up for a membership because of the $60 voucher deal posted here. Never been to a costco as an adult, maybe once as a kid. Drove up for my first visit, a weeknight 45 minutes before close, according to google it was supposed to be less busy than usual.

There was around 40 or 50 people in line outside. If it is always like that I will probably never go back.