Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Spyder 1/2 zip Sweater $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2018 5:28 pm
Oct 23, 2014
647 posts
603 upvotes
Laval, QC
greg123 wrote: Where did the unauthorized dealers get the merchandise though? Is it fake?
could also be authorized selling through backdoor to move merchandise. As long as they don`t get caught , there is no problem.
Also,The merchandise could sometimes be "B"stock from the suppliers.

I don`t think Costco would knowingly sell "fake" items . Its not worth the hassle ..Why would they take a chance to ruin their reputation when they don`t have to.
Deal Addict
Mar 19, 2006
1084 posts
532 upvotes
eugene_2005 wrote: No, not a fake just unauthorized. For example some AUTHORIZED Omega dealer in Europe who is not authorized to sell in NA has a huge stock and decides to sell it wholesale to Costco Canada. Omega itself don't and won't authorize this deal as they have authorized dealers in NA but they cannot prevent it from happening.
Yes well put.

See this thread on Swell water bottles sold at Costco
link...
Jan 8, 2016
155 posts
195 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
wildzero wrote: I'm willing to bet its far inferior, as is typically the case with brand name clothing labels at Costco.
Years ago I purchased a similar Syder "sweater" (which this for clarity) from Corbett's Sports. It cost much more and is way more substantial. Two issues I had with it were 1) velcro from a ski jacket or mitts ate the material when they touched and needed to be gently pried apart and 2) it sometimes is too warm and bulky when I wore it for warmth under a ski jacket. This Costco version is made thinner which is very suitable in light of my other version being too warm. And, if velcro has the same effect on this version, I won't freak because the price of this ver. is substantially less than my other version.

I do know for a fact, based on interactions my job allows me with various vendors that sell to Costco, that Costco demands exceptional pricing for their clients and to this point, vendors do create special runs to support the requested pricing. It doesn't always mean the product is crap and in this case, this sweater is half the weight and bulk of my original ski shop version that cost just under $200 and I would guess this fact, and the bulk purchase effect has created a tremendous value for a great sweater....all imo.
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2004
1036 posts
285 upvotes
Vancouver
Definitely not fake. They did the same thing with Big green egg kamado bbq a few years back. At a time when you could not purchase the egg for less than $1600, costco was selling it for $800. It was an unknown product except amongst the biggest bbq enthusiasts at the time. I feel costco helped push it in the mainstream along with the RFD effect. Big green egg wanted to sue them, but there was nothing they could do in the end.

A quick google search of Costco gray market will reveal lots of info on this topic. They are known to buy overseas in asia and middle east etc.. products such as michael kors, omega watches and sell them at prices far below their north american MRSP.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
puroeuro wrote: Costco is known to buy 'grey market' product. Buying directly from someone outside of the original manufacturer at much reduced rates. There was similar issues when they had Canada Goose chilliwack jackets like 2 years ago at a big discounted price. They were not purchased directly from CG as they are not an authorized reseller. They had bought them from a different supplier and cleared them in their stores as CG has a very very strict MSRP and would never allow this.
This is totally not true. Costco may get Costco exclusive items but they are all legit.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Stopped in yesterday - These Spyder sweaters are really nice and have a great slim fit. I was quite impressed.

That said - I realized I would be too hot wearing these 95% of the time. Great for cool days outside but I would bake inside the house in a mall with with one of these on so no sale. :(
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
kool1 wrote: This is totally not true. Costco may get Costco exclusive items but they are all legit.
What part so you feel is not true?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
kool1 wrote: This is totally not true. Costco may get Costco exclusive items but they are all legit.
Grey market does not mean "fake" or "unauthentic". It just means that it's not supported by the company. So, no warranty or claims can be made, as Costco is not an authorized reseller.
This isn't a blog.
Nov 6, 2018
237 posts
1023 upvotes
Costco does indeed purchase from the grey market, but they take several steps to ensure the legitimacy of the goods
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
jcon wrote: Grey market does not mean "fake" or "unauthentic". It just means that it's not supported by the company. So, no warranty or claims can be made, as Costco is not an authorized reseller.
I know what gray is.

Costco is not a regular "authorized dealer" of any clothing brand. The clothing Costco sells are generally direct deals with the manufacturer. You will not see this particular sweater in any other store.
May 10, 2015
329 posts
402 upvotes
Orillia, ON
I bought one of these sweaters today. Really nice. Fits great, nice materials. Think I'll buy another one. Thanks RFD, haha.

PS. It's actually my new favourite sweater.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
1243 posts
450 upvotes
I never said they were knockoffs or fakes? They had product that was not directly sold to them by the Manufacturer. Costco does not have a deal with Canada Goose, and CG would never allow them to clear a chilliwack at the price they did especially a staple color like black. They may be a little lenient when it comes to discounting colors but its definitely only the bright ones, oranges, purples, lime greens etc... and this would be an in-store only thing anyways never discounted online. Source: I work with CG retailers.
Apr 23, 2014
35 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks OP.
There were two colors for women at the Yorkdale one too.
A turquoise and a magenta.
Deal Addict
Apr 11, 2007
1159 posts
1736 upvotes
Oakville
The mark up margin for clothing could go up to 500% easily.
So these spyder sweater most likely cost Costco about $10 apiece buying bulk. So think how much the other department store make selling them for over $100 each
I have no proof to back my statement though.
Nov 6, 2018
237 posts
1023 upvotes
T.O.SuperSaver wrote: Any sightings at Thorncliff?
Can confirm, non at Thorncliffe Park
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
4206 posts
1749 upvotes
Montreal
yohung wrote: The mark up margin for clothing could go up to 500% easily.
So these spyder sweater most likely cost Costco about $10 apiece buying bulk. So think how much the other department store make selling them for over $100 each
I have no proof to back my statement though.
You are wrong, but I have no proof to back this up.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 3, 2006
5546 posts
3067 upvotes
Winnipeg
None in Winnipeg (South) as of last night. Doesn't appear as though they ever had them.
This isn't a blog.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2008
2052 posts
3032 upvotes
Airdrie
None at crossiron, alberta.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1802 posts
1030 upvotes
Vancouver
chatbox wrote: ...it's not a shirt, that's for sure.
It's a long-sleeve shirt if it's desirable to wear it at as the first layer.