• Apr 14th, 2021 2:35 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 28, 2017
62 posts
64 upvotes

[Costco] (Costco in store) Dynatrap mosquito trap indoor/outdoor $94.99

For those that missed the costco.ca deal thread, just saw this in stock at Nepean warehouse location.
I have had very good experience with these.

Previous record thread with discussion about this product: [Costco] Costco.ca: Dynatrap DT1050 Indoor/Outdoor Mosquito Trap Plus 2 Bulbs $99.99 + free shipping
costco-costco-ca-dynatrap-dt1050-indoor ... g-2456126/
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by TeddyPants on Apr 5th, 2021 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
63 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1253 posts
213 upvotes
Toronto
lol, I read it as dynavap and really shocked to see costsco carrying them.
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10239 posts
2837 upvotes
Montreal, QC
But those things don't work for mosquitoes, it will kill insects attracted to light, some are even beneficial.

Plus you get the zapping noise lol.
Mar 20, 2016
443 posts
425 upvotes
Vancouver
Interesting, this thing actually produces CO2 to attract the mosquitos (UV light internally hits a surface and reacts): https://pestkilled.com/dynatrap-review/

Any of the gimmick UV/blue light only traps are 100% useless, blue lights do not attract mosquitos in any meaningful way.
Sep 1, 2008
410 posts
620 upvotes
Didn't work for me, and I followed the installation recommendations. It killed mostly harmless/good insects while no noticeable decrease in mosquitoes, then you still have to clean it up.
Dec 10, 2009
334 posts
530 upvotes
Daijoubu wrote: But those things don't work for mosquitoes, it will kill insects attracted to light, some are even beneficial.

Plus you get the zapping noise lol.
This particular unit isn’t a zapper. It has a fan that sucks them in and essentially traps and dehydrates them.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10027 posts
9747 upvotes
Markham
This Dynatrap works VERY well at lowering the amount of mosquitos in your area. You have to follow the instructions though, put it about 3-5feet above the ground and let it run non-stop from March till October.

It works, if you do it right. Doesn't get rid of everything, but you will see a noticeable reduction in mosquitos... something like 90%.
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2007
2514 posts
437 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: This Dynatrap works VERY well at lowering the amount of mosquitos in your area. You have to follow the instructions though, put it about 3-5feet above the ground and let it run non-stop from March till October.

It works, if you do it right. Doesn't get rid of everything, but you will see a noticeable reduction in mosquitos... something like 90%.
What if you just use it when you have some friends outside? It won't kill mosquitos? Like if I have a bbq and put it out a couple of hours before will that do anything you think?
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10027 posts
9747 upvotes
Markham
mtlboy wrote: What if you just use it when you have some friends outside? It won't kill mosquitos? Like if I have a bbq and put it out a couple of hours before will that do anything you think?
Doesn't work like that. This isn't a deterrent, it's used to slowly kill all the mosquito in your area. Think of it as like a continuously operating mosquito catcher, it's slow but it works. Overtime, you'll have less and less moquitos around.
Aug 27, 2006
463 posts
1010 upvotes
GTA
mtlboy wrote: What if you just use it when you have some friends outside? It won't kill mosquitos? Like if I have a bbq and put it out a couple of hours before will that do anything you think?
Maybe if that's the only thing mosquitos see.
But that's not what it suppose to do.

You need to hang those all summer.
I caught a full cup of mosquitos and moths in a couple of months.
Sep 20, 2012
49 posts
101 upvotes
OTTAWA
In stock at the Gloucester Costco? Can't get through. Tx
Deal Guru
May 29, 2006
10331 posts
2933 upvotes
we put this in our yard last year, probably 2 weeks later then we should have. it does work, but its not a "i have no mosquitos anymore" kind of solution.

the catch basin would fill up every few weeks with mosquitos.

hard to say what my yard would be like without the unit vs having the unit, but it did kill probably 1000+ of them last year. (but maybe my yard has a million of them flying around....)
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
10944 posts
5159 upvotes
Looked a couple days ago and couldnt not find in store. Hopefully soon they get them out here.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Mar 11, 2020
207 posts
117 upvotes
can anyone suggest something to deter/kill all flies/bugs/insects/spiders/mosquitoes etc? I live right across from the Lake and it's impossible for me to enjoy my patio or open my windows to air out my house
Jan 11, 2011
80 posts
104 upvotes
Markham
Sorry for crashing the thread, I currently have crazy I believe are Fungus Gnat Infestation in my lawn. Does anyone know if there are any products or should I hire a professional to take care of this problem? There are so many, that my kids won't go outside the yard.
Thank you
Jan 3, 2013
594 posts
230 upvotes
Winnipeg
Does it work on a two or three acre lot? What about if a bunch of open lots on a farm?
Aug 3, 2009
728 posts
127 upvotes
anyone seen these in GTA?

also where can i find the XL version? dont see it available anywhere
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
10202 posts
72730 upvotes
Ontario
vtsui1981 wrote: Sorry for crashing the thread, I currently have crazy I believe are Fungus Gnat Infestation in my lawn. Does anyone know if there are any products or should I hire a professional to take care of this problem? There are so many, that my kids won't go outside the yard.
Thank you
Buy this.

costco-praying-mantis-20-hatch-your-non ... y-2455004/
⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆⬆