Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Webber Naturals Tumeric Caps $24.39 ($8 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 12:20 am
Jan 4, 2014
446 posts
569 upvotes
Ancaster

[Costco] Costco Webber Naturals Tumeric Caps $24.39 ($8 off)

webber naturals Turmeric Advanced, 120 Capsules
Item 344526
Regular price $32.39
Online ($3 delivery surcharge - whatever that is) or also instore now.
Not recommeding the product, just posting...
24 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 31, 2007
5068 posts
3305 upvotes
If you eat enough rice, I recommend mixing powdered turmeric and pepper into your rice cooker during the cook cycle. edit: Start light and work your way up.
Oct 1, 2006
104 posts
104 upvotes
Moncton, NB
It's a anti-inflammatory. Also a good supplement to help prevent heart disease ... and potentially Alzheimer's
Jan 26, 2004
381 posts
232 upvotes
Georgetown
ProfProcyon wrote: is this for curries?
Ofcourse u can pop the capsule open and use this in ur curries, but i guess it is also super beneficial as supplement. There is a very interesting TED talk about benefit of curcumin (aka turmeric)

Another interesting read for its benefits is :

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5664031/

Good luck ! Just remember to take this with plain milk or spoon of coconut oil, as it needs some sort of fat for it to be effective.
Aug 3, 2007
629 posts
366 upvotes
I highly recommend trying fresh organic tumeric root for inflammatory issues. In our experience powdered didn't make much notable difference while the fresh worked shockingly well and better than any prescription medication.
Last edited by TaraNoodle on Jan 17th, 2020 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2811 posts
3875 upvotes
How much is the other brands of tumeric at costco? I don't remember it being this expensive?
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3079 posts
4545 upvotes
West GTA
Strong evidence of turmeric`s usefulness:
- As a spice
- As a dye
Low evidence of turmeric`s usefulness:
- As a health supplement

Personally, I find the stuff a bit dangerous to use when cooking because it will permanently stain stuff very easily, and as a dye it`s been superseded by superior synthetic dyes. I still like to add it to rice to give it a nice golden colour, and it looks and tastes a bit like saffron rice without being nearly as expensive as saffron. Important in some curries too!
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2011
2347 posts
1121 upvotes
Edmonton
grumble wrote: Personally, I find the stuff a bit dangerous to use when cooking because it will permanently stain stuff very easily, and as a dye it`s been superseded by superior synthetic dyes. I still like to add it to rice to give it a nice golden colour, and it looks and tastes a bit like saffron rice without being nearly as expensive as saffron. Important in some curries too!
It is great (and essential) for curries and definitely gives rice a nice colour and scent. It's lightly floral and great for turning that patch of your white shirt yellow if the tiniest speck hits it.

But I agree about the supplement use. Was there some book published in the last year by a leading pseudoscientist? Turmeric supplements seem to have taken off recently.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2012
9278 posts
10285 upvotes
Skadefryd wrote: It is great (and essential) for curries and definitely gives rice a nice colour and scent. It's lightly floral and great for turning that patch of your white shirt yellow if the tiniest speck hits it.

But I agree about the supplement use. Was there some book published in the last year by a leading pseudoscientist? Turmeric supplements seem to have taken off recently.
Turmeric is legit, but most Turmeric supplements are very inefficient. It is hard to deliver it properly and maintain it in a way that will allow to give its numerous health benefits.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3079 posts
4545 upvotes
West GTA
Skadefryd wrote: It is great (and essential) for curries and definitely gives rice a nice colour and scent. It's lightly floral and great for turning that patch of your white shirt yellow if the tiniest speck hits it.

https://ubertoolcomic.com/?comic=no-150
Jun 24, 2016
624 posts
448 upvotes
Toronto
TaraNoodle wrote: I highly recommend trying fresh organic tumeric root for inflammatory issues. In our experience powdered didn't make much notable difference while the fresh worked shockingly well and better than any prescription medication.
How you consume ?
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2009
4352 posts
3740 upvotes
How is this any better than just adding a quarter teaspoon of ground turmeric to a smoothie?
Aug 3, 2007
629 posts
366 upvotes
Usher9387 wrote: How you consume ?
Grated Fresh Tumeric Root and Ginger Root, 4 cups of water with a few turns of ground black pepper boiled down and then strained, make it very strong - you can add some honey, lemon juice and cinnamon for taste. Keep it in a jar in the fridge and drink one or two shots per day depending on your size (taking it with a meal is best).

A family member has always had a very bad/chronic inflammatory skin condition and nothing ever really helped it, we tried all the prescription and non prescription meds, cutting foods from diet etc. We ran across this by mistake (someone else made it) and didn't even try it for the skin condition and we were in shock as it worked immediately - completely clear skin and zero meds for seven months now.

Edited to add: Afterwards we tried just using a high dose of good quality tablets and they didn't work.
Jun 30, 2016
225 posts
152 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
About 2$ for a 200g bag of turmeric powder in nofrills.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)