Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Costco Webber Naturals Tumeric Caps $24.39 ($8 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 18th, 2020 12:20 am
Apr 17, 2017
48 posts
40 upvotes
London
You need to consume black pepper along with turmeric or else it just goes right though you. Google for scientific explanation...
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
17805 posts
5755 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
Isn't powder like super cheap? Why spend big bucks on tablets?
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12708 posts
6222 upvotes
grumble wrote: Strong evidence of turmeric`s usefulness:
- As a spice
- As a dye
Low evidence of turmeric`s usefulness:
- As a health supplement

Personally, I find the stuff a bit dangerous to use when cooking because it will permanently stain stuff very easily, and as a dye it`s been superseded by superior synthetic dyes. I still like to add it to rice to give it a nice golden colour, and it looks and tastes a bit like saffron rice without being nearly as expensive as saffron. Important in some curries too!
Dangerous would be if someone gets sick from it or has some extreme allergy to it. Been used for year and years in Indian cooking, yet to see any yellow countertops.
Deal Addict
May 8, 2003
1863 posts
6078 upvotes
Toronto
Interesting to come across this thread as I was just about to order from Costco:
Nature's Bounty Turmeric with Black Pepper 1000mg 90 Capsules, 2-pack, $30.99 shipped

https://www.costco.ca/nature's-bounty-t ... 20461.html

Same price on Amazon $15.50
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07533R693/ref ... iEbV3ZXHJJ

Anyone use this one?

Thanks to all who have posted in this thread. Lots of good links to read.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3538 upvotes
Burnaby
There are so many divergent opinions about curcumin (i.e., turmeric) that it's hard to select a product.

Turmeric powder alone is poorly processed by the body (i.e., curcumin goes straight out). AFAIR. Out of the curcuminoids in turmeric root, curcumin is about 2-6%.
Some claim that turmeric powder plus black pepper enhances curcumin absorption.

And then, there seems to be two kinds of products with curcumin:

- products using turmeric extract "95%" curcuminoids (turmeric extract) plus black pepper formulation ("bioperine")
e.g., youtheory Turmeric Extra Strength 500 mg - 120 Veggie Capsules $45 @ costco
^ its ingredients list is on the same webpage. "Youtheory Turmeric supplies the most clinically-studied turmeric extract on the market,4 containing 95% total curcuminoids. The formula is enhanced with BioPerine®black pepper extract."
"Supplies 20X curcuminoids than average turmeric powder"

and

- products using something called meriva curcumin (claimed to increase absorption 29 times)
e.g., webber naturals Advanced Turmeric 500 mg -- 2 x 120 Vegetarian Capsules $42 @ costco
^ ingredients - webber naturals advanced turmeric 500mg

Reviews for both types of curcumin formulations are mixed bags. In addition, it's hard to find out how much you should take and for how long.

Incompetent workers (and criminals) cover each other's "lower back"
Keywords: doxxers, moles, security breaches, cs*s,

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)