• Last Updated:
  • Jun 24th, 2022 11:03 am
Tags:
None
Apr 26, 2010
358 posts
223 upvotes
Vancouver
time to stock up on the avocado dip and dumplings, and come out with a whole bunch of items i didn't expect to buy along the way lol

Thanks TDG for the weekly costco post
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2005
2582 posts
261 upvotes
Toronto
Man so much stuff I need that's not on sale in the East.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6293 posts
1885 upvotes
We've gone through nearly every brand of non-stick skillets. How's the blue diamond for longevity? Heritage The Rock seems to be the worse brand.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3088 posts
3400 upvotes
GVRD
rf134a wrote: We've gone through nearly every brand of non-stick skillets. How's the blue diamond for longevity? Heritage The Rock seems to be the worse brand.
We too have bought all the latest "more durable" non-stick brands that say they can even handle steel utensils and dishwashers. No wonder brands and models change so frequently. They're on the shelves for 6 months, then they're phased out - even the Kirkland Brand (unsure who made that one). With all of them, scratches started arriving, with no dishwasher use, using silicone utensils, and storing in towels. They're even putting messages on some premium non-sticks to say that scratches are normal and don't impede performance and not to worry about consuming non-stick (supposingly non-toxic) flakes. Waiting for the next infomercial brand to hit the store shelves.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2017
4838 posts
3321 upvotes
Vancouver
damatick wrote: Thanks OP!

I'm a bit surprised to see a watermelon for $13. Seems expensive..
Only Costco. It has been on sale for $6-$7 elsewhere for a while now (RCSS, freshco, Walmart, etc). Tho I prefer the ones from Costco, hard to justify 2x the price.
Feb 7, 2014
247 posts
85 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thank you TDG. Nice to see you are still able to do the weekly posts at Costco. I hope you are recovering from the car accident.

I was at the Costco Bellingham, WA and bought the last hammock chair but will have to return it. It was a fail at our house. The chair back flops forward when you sit in it - we could not see anywhere to stabilize the back. I found it a bit awkward to sit and get out of too - a bit too low.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1870 posts
2339 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
rf134a wrote: We've gone through nearly every brand of non-stick skillets. How's the blue diamond for longevity? Heritage The Rock seems to be the worse brand.
Have you considered heavily seasoned cast iron? Mine gets good to the point I can do pancakes on them perfectly. And it's good with knives and everything too.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2012
1599 posts
805 upvotes
Regina
Second cast iron especially if seasoned properly which is not hard. We had blue diamond typical marketing sticks after a while…
Looking to buy Epson HT2150ST
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2008
1741 posts
1550 upvotes
damatick wrote: Thanks OP!

I'm a bit surprised to see a watermelon for $13. Seems expensive..
Maybe it's already pre-loaded with the vodka?
Jul 4, 2007
311 posts
36 upvotes
Edmonton
Any opinion on the Dremel oscillation tool? I only want to buy one for the next 20 years.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2005
2165 posts
934 upvotes
What's the cheesecake deal?
Aug 29, 2013
836 posts
703 upvotes
Waterloo
Anyone pick up the slip and slide? My wife bought one and I told her I could make one out of a tarp and some soapy water. It’s underwhelming to say the least even at 10’x52’…

I’m wondering if it’s time to admit defeat and open the $100 box.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2007
9078 posts
4948 upvotes
Cartman_guy wrote: Any opinion on the Dremel oscillation tool? I only want to buy one for the next 20 years.
Someone close to me has a different brand oscillating tool and loves it because it can be used like an electric chisel. Very handy!
Feb 20, 2014
186 posts
114 upvotes
Thanks for the great work TDG! Much appreciated!
Nov 5, 2014
263 posts
117 upvotes
Having a hard time finding reviews on the 8 person tent.

Looking for recommendations for "6-8 person" tent (3-4 actual with stuff inside) for car camping.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10045 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto
choclover wrote: It caught my eye too. I wonder how much it will cost in a year from now?
I bought a watermelon on Sunday June 18 for 10.99. I guess prices went backup?

OP thanks for the wonderful rhrem taking Time to take all thoses photos
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10045 posts
925 upvotes
Toronto
RxMills wrote: We too have bought all the latest "more durable" non-stick brands that say they can even handle steel utensils and dishwashers. No wonder brands and models change so frequently. They're on the shelves for 6 months, then they're phased out - even the Kirkland Brand (unsure who made that one). With all of them, scratches started arriving, with no dishwasher use, using silicone utensils, and storing in towels. They're even putting messages on some premium non-sticks to say that scratches are normal and don't impede performance and not to worry about consuming non-stick (supposingly non-toxic) flakes. Waiting for the next infomercial brand to hit the store shelves.
https://www.amazon.ca/T-Fal-Stainless-R ... 73&sr=8-14

Been using tfal stainless drypna it's been very durable. But still have to take care of it, no steel utensils or knifes it still can scratch it up
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Feb 15, 2005
6293 posts
1885 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Have you considered heavily seasoned cast iron? Mine gets good to the point I can do pancakes on them perfectly. And it's good with knives and everything too.
Yes, that's what I use. I have a nicely seasoned Lodge cast iron skillet.

My SO needs a light non-stick pan. I may have to consider a light carbon steel pan at this rate. It'll be cheaper over the long run.
⬆⬆⬇⬇⬅➡⬅➡BA