Hot Deals

[Costco] [Costco West] Wagyu finally available in GVA $69.99/kg

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 30th, 2020 11:38 pm
May 14, 2013
409 posts
431 upvotes
Edmonton
These aren't 100% Wagyu, far from it. These are Wagyu crossed with Angus Bulls. it is cheaper than real Wagyu, but if you have ever had real Wagyu, it tastes completely different than what these taste like
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2872 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto
I'm usually very happy with a freshly made hamburger. So I have no place being here, for $70/kg for anything food related, ha ha. Not even if I won the lottery.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7403 posts
2446 upvotes
beachlover wrote: I'm usually very happy with a freshly made hamburger. So I have no place being here, for $70/kg for anything food related, ha ha. Not even if I won the lottery.
Why did you take the time to post then?
Jan 15, 2003
988 posts
91 upvotes
Hamilton
LNahid2000 wrote: Why did you take the time to post then?
cause he can and i agree its not even true wagyu

picking up a 48 oz tomahawk tonight for 80.00 for fathers day
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2006
2872 posts
1245 upvotes
Toronto
LNahid2000 wrote: Why did you take the time to post then?
Because I believe in opening discussion.
Feb 1, 2019
123 posts
33 upvotes
I agreed it's not 100% true Wagyu -- Canada Wagyu breed (raised from birth using special techniques developed in Japan and adopted in Canada) 70% Genetics + 30% feeding technique.....BUT for the price Costco sells it than local grocery store or meat shop it's great price!!

for other people's post: preferred non-Wagyu or happy w/Angus or AAA -- it's definitely more pricey -- you haven't tried it therefore you don't agree -- it's good for *Treat yourself or father's day occasion*

Yea..it's not real A5 Japanese Wagyu directly imported from Japan or Kobe beef (RFD members had) and I've only had it handful of times...The orig. post is about Wagyu Canadians can buy in Costco..

all it matters is end result: you tried it - was great - good deal worth the price and you're happy.. Smiling Face With Open MouthSmiling Face With Open Mouth
Aug 15, 2019
153 posts
104 upvotes
Has anyone seen striploin or rib version of the wagyu at any of the ones around Vancouver?
Sep 25, 2019
212 posts
245 upvotes
These don't remind of the steaks I had at a party years ago.

I think, I'll just stick with the regular Canada AAA steak.
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2017
1003 posts
694 upvotes
Westmount, QC
beachlover wrote: I'm usually very happy with a freshly made hamburger. So I have no place being here, for $70/kg for anything food related, ha ha. Not even if I won the lottery.
Honestly, it's something to try.
I agree that it's overpriced for meat.

I made it try my cheap friend and he wants to share one with me on next purchase .
Aug 15, 2007
551 posts
223 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I found a bunch couple weeks back at the Richmond Hill location, the marbling is decent, overall pretty good steaks. I found the biggest piece that was squared off, it was $190 and I was able to get 7x steaks out of it.

Aug 15, 2019
153 posts
104 upvotes
Do we have any updates from BC locations carrying these? Striploin or Rib steak?
Feb 13, 2009
89 posts
37 upvotes
Surrey, BC
The Surrey location doesn’t have wagyu, only prime. I was told to check Langley or Richmond.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)