Costco whole Striploin $23.99/kg plus $30 in store rebate July 30 to August 2

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 4th, 2020 10:38 am
[OP]
Jul 20, 2011
192 posts
163 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Costco whole Striploin $23.99/kg plus $30 in store rebate July 30 to August 2

Costco at Billy Bishop in Toronto has whole AAA Striploin at $23.99/kg plus you get $30 off per package with in store rebate. July 30 to August 2.
Images
  • 97E84DB3-3D12-44B3-B20A-3537B90C52CE.jpeg
24 replies
Apr 11, 2009
193 posts
52 upvotes
Wow! Has anyone seen this in Winnipeg or the west?
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4660 posts
5947 upvotes
GTA
what's the average weight?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2013
2901 posts
4238 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Can I price match this at Knob Hill Farm?
Dec 22, 2010
167 posts
118 upvotes
Kitchener
Damn between this and the Tenderloin deal at SS I might just eat steak every night this week.
Aug 8, 2007
650 posts
497 upvotes
What is the regular Costco price for a whole tenderloin? It was $23.19/kg at Thorncliffe which seemed to be a good price so I was wondering if they were discounting for the nearby Superstore sale? I asked one of the guys stocking the meats but he said they don’t price match which is sort of true but I have seen them lower prices on stables to be one cent under promotional sales. The tenderloin wasn’t cheaper than SuperStore so it might just be me remembering recent high prices and thinking this was a deal. No $30 off though.
Images
  • A7B8B88F-9E73-435C-AC08-ACBC5E8FE24E.jpeg
Deal Addict
May 23, 2006
1528 posts
557 upvotes
Vancouver
Available at Richmond costco. it's fairly large. I think it costs close to $200 but it is really large :)
YoungNamY199137 wrote: Anyone spotted this in Van area?
Sep 27, 2019
138 posts
267 upvotes
danielions wrote: Hoping this is available in AB!
It is, picked it up at Nisku Costco. Great deal, ends up being just over $7lb, I've never seen that for striploin, wish I had another freezer.
Oct 13, 2009
734 posts
334 upvotes
Edmonton
Just grabbed one of these from Edmonton South today ~6.6 kg @$22/kg before the coupon. After draining and trimming the meat, weighed it and ended up with the steaks portion costing around $26/kg + a small meat portion for stew.

Steaks look decently marbled, but value wise it's really YMMV depending on size of fat cap, other non edibles, and non steak-ables portion.

Not sure it was necessarily worth getting the packer vs buying the smaller packs for similar price/weight.
Images
  • 00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200730214951993_COVER.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1014 posts
330 upvotes
GTA
PatcheZ wrote: Just grabbed one of these from Edmonton South today ~6.6 kg @$22/kg before the coupon. After draining and trimming the meat, weighed it and ended up with the steaks portion costing around $26/kg + a small meat portion for stew.

Steaks look decently marbled, but value wise it's really YMMV depending on size of fat cap, other non edibles, and non steak-ables portion.

Not sure it was necessarily worth getting the packer vs buying the smaller packs for similar price/weight.

Good to know, I just got some beef ribs, tri tip and still have a brisket in the freezer not to mention the prime rib steaks from super store a month back. If I get this no more shopping for red meat for the year.
Banned
Jan 27, 2014
5574 posts
2580 upvotes
Wrestlemania wrote: Can I price match this at Knob Hill Farm?
Would be good for the Andre the Giant fight.
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2011
2308 posts
2375 upvotes
Montréal
Available in Montreal at Marché Central location. Picked up a pack with a nice cap, thanks OP!
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18009 posts
12716 upvotes
Markham
Ppl should consider buying some dry aging bags....a friend of mine did this with a whole striploin before and the steaks came out phenomenal. Dry aging tenderizes and makes beef "Beefier" if that makes any sense. After dry aging, you'll lose some yield as you cut off the outer dried out bits, then cut those steaks thick like 1.5 -2.0 inch thick.

https://www.drybagsteak.com/
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2007
1160 posts
624 upvotes
Toronto
How do you guys sous vide striploin?

Temperature and time?

Salt before vacuum, or after cooking?

I like my steak medium rare, but I'm cooking for others who prefer it a little more dine. What's the highest temperature I can get away with without losing too much juices?
Apr 2, 2008
696 posts
357 upvotes
PatcheZ wrote: Just grabbed one of these from Edmonton South today ~6.6 kg @$22/kg before the coupon. After draining and trimming the meat, weighed it and ended up with the steaks portion costing around $26/kg + a small meat portion for stew.

What a waste for all the draining and trimming that you've done. Those meat/ fat can be used for a delicious Vietnamese noodle soup. I have wagyu for steak so this is good for hot pot, noodle soup or stir fried.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)