• Last Updated:
  • Sep 11th, 2021 11:53 pm
[OP]
Jul 10, 2014
7 posts
16 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON

[Costco] Cuckoo CR-0632F 6 cup rice cooker for 129.99

Been looking for a rice cooker for a while and I found a really nice cuckoo 6 cup cooker for 129.99 at costco!

It has pretty high ratings in Amazon and normally costs 165+
Images
  • PXL_20210910_003131553.jpg
Thread Summary
Not the options you want? Take a look at RFD Reviews' top picks for the best rice cookers!
25 replies
Mar 5, 2020
36 posts
59 upvotes
How does it compare to the basic tiger one for $89 on Amazon
Mar 17, 2014
681 posts
391 upvotes
Vancouver
this is one of the best rice cooker brand in Korea. Not sure how costco can sell these for $129 as H mart / Hannam sells these for over $300. maybe this is previous gen. but def. recommend this. we switched to another brand called Cuchen but not satisfying in terms of keeping rice warm for few days. Cuckoo keeps it fresh and warm much better and longer.
Dec 2, 2020
87 posts
91 upvotes
Calgary
JasonL11936 wrote: How does it compare to the basic tiger one for $89 on Amazon
Tiger? No way... Maybe Zojirushi could have some chance. Cuckoo is another level.
Deal Addict
Jun 28, 2013
3467 posts
2157 upvotes
YUL/YVR
Wouldn't this micom be better for just $10 more? Looks better soon, and save some counter space.
https://www.amazon.ca/Cuckoo-CR-0675F-C ... 08WFNV82W/
congo80 wrote: this is one of the best rice cooker brand in Korea. Not sure how costco can sell these for $129 as H mart / Hannam sells these for over $300. maybe this is previous gen. but def. recommend this. we switched to another brand called Cuchen but not satisfying in terms of keeping rice warm for few days. Cuckoo keeps it fresh and warm much better and longer.
Umm because this is one of the more basic/entry model? Just like how you can find $500+ Zojirushi with induction heating, while you can also find a lot of sub $150 models.
Nov 15, 2019
9 posts
14 upvotes
I bought this rice cooker from Costco the last time it was on sale. It works great and the timer function is so convenient. One thing of note, the LCD screen is powered by an internal battery ie it stays on even when not plugged in (I guess for power outages??). If that battery dies, it's a real pain to replace it because you basically need to dismantle the whole thing. Mine is still new so haven't run into this problem yet.
Mar 23, 2017
742 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
I bought a used one years ago and absolutely love it. Well worth the money. Tempted to buy a new one as the battery is dead and inner pot is scratched up.
Id say pair with a 5 year warranty, but it likely takes longer before the battery dies.
Aug 6, 2019
477 posts
945 upvotes
Ottawa
SamG852 wrote: I bought a used one years ago and absolutely love it. Well worth the money. Tempted to buy a new one as the battery is dead and inner pot is scratched up.
Id say pair with a 5 year warranty, but it likely takes longer before the battery dies.
You can always replace the inner pot with a new one if you're willing to keep your current one. Cuckoo Canada sells the units themselves and the accessories such as inner pots and rubber packings (they're supposed to be replaced every 6 months or a year, I can't remember for sure)

Besides, the display's clock isn't all that important, at least to me. I had a unit for around 7 years and the display kept going, through out 3 moves and countless blackouts.
Mar 23, 2017
742 posts
1317 upvotes
Toronto
gizmokrap wrote: You can always replace the inner pot with a new one if you're willing to keep your current one. Cuckoo Canada sells the units themselves and the accessories such as inner pots and rubber packings (they're supposed to be replaced every 6 months or a year, I can't remember for sure)

Besides, the display's clock isn't all that important, at least to me. I had a unit for around 7 years and the display kept going, through out 3 moves and countless blackouts.
Thanks. The display definitely isn't a worry. My thinking is it'd be cheaper to sell this old one and buy a new one than to just buy a replacement inner pot.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2015
1459 posts
462 upvotes
gizmokrap wrote: You can always replace the inner pot with a new one if you're willing to keep your current one. Cuckoo Canada sells the units themselves and the accessories such as inner pots and rubber packings (they're supposed to be replaced every 6 months or a year, I can't remember for sure)

Does zojirushi sell replacement parts too.?
Looking for a 3 cup insert replacement. I wonder if the cuckoo one fits zojirushi.
Mar 15, 2010
75 posts
31 upvotes
Toronto
congo80 wrote: this is one of the best rice cooker brand in Korea. Not sure how costco can sell these for $129 as H mart / Hannam sells these for over $300. maybe this is previous gen. but def. recommend this. we switched to another brand called Cuchen but not satisfying in terms of keeping rice warm for few days. Cuckoo keeps it fresh and warm much better and longer.

300+ ones are pressure cookers. Without pressure, the price is about 150.
Deal Guru
Sep 2, 2008
11976 posts
1762 upvotes
I showed my wife (Korean) she said this is not a good model. Can't remember what it was, maybe no pressure cooker settings? but her group of "Korean mom friends" were all talking about it and said don't buy it, for Korean style rice it is essential.

We ended up getting a pressure cuckoo from Galleria for $380.

Personally I think it tastes just slightly better than our zojiroshi we had before which worked fine, just had a bad inner pot.
Last edited by slowtyper on Sep 10th, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 10, 2018
292 posts
1380 upvotes
Do I care?
It's non-pressurized model at correct price.

Pressurized models cook slightly quicker and taste tiny bit better, but unless you use it all the time you may not care. Taste is like splitting 8/10 and 9/10 rating between models so not a major difference.

For those wanting that extra benefit, I've seen pressurized ones for $250 and under. You don't need fancy displays and 50 buttons, you just need it pressurized for next step up.
Aug 10, 2011
35 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Pressure ones are much more expensive but if you eat rice a lot it’s worth every penny. Personally pressure cooked rice tastes much better. It also takes half the time to cook vs a regular ones.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3023 posts
6102 upvotes
My mom has a similar model 0631F (I think it's the same as the one in the OP just a different color) and TBH I'm pretty disappointed with the quality of rice this produces, it definitely could also be that I have grown accustomed to better rice and am now a rice snob.
Feb 23, 2010
354 posts
14 upvotes
Mississauga
bomberman447 wrote: I bought this last year online, works great and also made in korea, but I wish the cord was retractable. Still available for $140 on costco.ca for those that can't find it in store.
https://www.costco.ca/cuckoo-6-cup-mult ... 11626.html
retractable cord should be standard for everything...its something you don't realize how much you appreciate till you had it
Sale Link:
Aug 6, 2019
477 posts
945 upvotes
Ottawa
I've always had a pressure cooker as it is the more superior one to the none pressured one.

As NogardMX said, if you're eating rice everyday, it's worth every penny. The one I got, this one can cook 5 cups of rice in under 20 mins, or under 15 mins in turbo mode, and keeps it warm for days (althought it's recommended you eat it in next day or two for better taste, but stale rice is good for stir frying, IMO)
Jul 22, 2005
235 posts
20 upvotes
OP, may I ask which Costco did you see the rice cooker
[OP]
Jul 10, 2014
7 posts
16 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
minids wrote: OP, may I ask which Costco did you see the rice cooker
I saw this Rice cooker at the Waterloo, Ontario location.