Hot Deals

[Costco] Cuisinart DBM-8C Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill $39.97 (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 9th, 2018 5:39 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6098 posts
991 upvotes

[Costco] Cuisinart DBM-8C Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill $39.97 (YMMV)

At the Markham (Yorktech) Costco, the Cuisinart DBM-8C Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill is priced at $39.97.
Maybe other Costcos have it also for $39.97

Amazon has it for $55.

Not sure how good the grinder is but it's only $40.
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 7th, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
20 replies
Nov 15, 2013
300 posts
56 upvotes
Toronto
Great price overall, but I would personally recommend the KRUPS GX5000. It was $65 at Amazon last I checked and after a week of research it always came out on top, over this DBM-8C.

Most reviewers said it was simply more consistent with the fine grinds, for those who love espresso, among other types.
Apr 18, 2017
106 posts
120 upvotes
The Cuisinart Burr is not really worth it. The blades will become dull within a few weeks and you won't get the grind you are looking for. I would skip it. Bodum Bistro is better, but makes a massive mess. Never used the Krups Burr, but I have a portable Krups one and it seems to be pretty good.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2008
2198 posts
700 upvotes
North York
This is among the worst burr grinders we have used. Produces a ton of waste dust you need to scoop out.
Aug 24, 2009
434 posts
86 upvotes
Cuisinart burr Grinder outlasted my Bodum by a long shot. It’s Costco and the price is right - give it a go and take it back if you don’t like it.
Nov 6, 2018
25 posts
14 upvotes
39.97 is effective in the East coast but not in the West

49.99 in the West
Disclaimer: I am not an official spokesperson for Costco, just someone who loves it
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1950 posts
1045 upvotes
Milton
SynGamer wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 2:23 am
Great price overall, but I would personally recommend the KRUPS GX5000. It was $65 at Amazon last I checked and after a week of research it always came out on top, over this DBM-8C.

Most reviewers said it was simply more consistent with the fine grinds, for those who love espresso, among other types.
I got the Bonavita CSA certified coffee maker and then went on a coffee pilgrimage to find the best grinder under $100. It's easily the Krups GX5000,

Over $100-$150 it's the Bodum mentioned by another poster.

Over $160 it's a whole other ball game

But this list only applies to Canada, as the selection in the US is wayyyyy better and pricing is much more competitive.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Deal Guru
Nov 18, 2005
10675 posts
2051 upvotes
Kingston
canadiankorean wrote:
Nov 7th, 2018 11:08 pm
At the Markham (Yorktech) Costco, the Cuisinart DBM-8C Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill is priced at $39.97.
Maybe other Costcos have it also for $39.97

Amazon has it for $55.

Not sure how good the grinder is but it's only $40.
It's a lot better than a spinning blade grinder, but not as good as more expensive burr grinders. If a more expensive burr grinder is out of your budget, this is a good alternative.
Nov 23, 2017
90 posts
279 upvotes
nuxper wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 5:22 am
The Bodum Bistro is $79.99 right now too. I know a lot of people like that one.

https://www.bodum.com/ca/en/e-bodum/coffee-grinders
I wouldn't buy anything from bodum directly ever again. I bought a stand mixer 2 weeks ago,and only got one email as a confirmation that the order was placed. I did not receive a shipping confirmation.

I emailed (because you can't call them apparently) asking to modify my order, and heard nothing. A week later the stand mixer shows up. God forbid I need to have this sent back for whatever reason or get warranty service.

Buy their products in store or something, just not from them directly or you are gonna have a bad time.
Nov 9, 2013
469 posts
58 upvotes
Vancouver
As a non coffeee drinker I know nothing about this, but it seems they say this isn’t great for espresso maker? My wife uses espresso maker usually. Any opinions from people that have used this for espresso?
Jul 20, 2016
777 posts
316 upvotes
Toronto
If you use it for drip coffee and french press - It'll be day and night difference from regular ground coffee and considerable from spinning blade "grinders".
For 40 bucks it's well worth it.

I had this grinder for a while (2-3 years). You obviously get better results with a better grinder, or a manual ceramic one (like Hario's) - but I had both at the time, I'd use my DBM-8 almost everyday. Only major complain is the noise. It was loud.
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
3155 posts
13971 upvotes
Montreal
Costco Candiac has this at 39.97
I'm often at Costco...