Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Cuisinart Professional Deep Fryer CDF-250C - $84.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2021 2:11 pm
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 15, 2008
175 posts
76 upvotes

[Costco] Cuisinart Professional Deep Fryer CDF-250C - $84.99

Hi,

I know all the hype is with air fryers, but I got one for Christmas and there's no way it replaces a good Deep Fryer.. (my two cents). I was looking to change my old fryer and got lucky, Costco is selling the Cuisinart CDF-250C, that is considered one of the best home usage deep fryers. It usually sells at $149, and sometimes you get it a $129. Costco has it right now at $84.99 and I still had a $60 off $100 dollars purchase, so I added a couple of items (Oil) and could apply the $60 off.

I know, air fryers are healthier.. but don't care.. can't compete against real fried oil!!
Chascon
42 replies
[OP]
Jr. Member
Jan 15, 2008
175 posts
76 upvotes
We can't here in Québec, since only essential things can be bought... all that section is closed
Member
May 17, 2017
423 posts
1070 upvotes
The one thing that bothers me about the real fryers with actual oil is that no matter how hard you try, somehow you still get oil everywhere...
Newbie
Apr 23, 2018
64 posts
129 upvotes
scottmg wrote: The one thing that bothers me about the real fryers with actual oil is that no matter how hard you try, somehow you still get oil everywhere...
My Da would always use one outside, no matter the weather.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 2, 2010
1064 posts
890 upvotes
Chascon wrote: Hi,

I know all the hype is with air fryers, but I got one for Christmas and there's no way it replaces a good Deep Fryer.. (my two cents). I was looking to change my old fryer and got lucky, Costco is selling the Cuisinart CDF-250C, that is considered one of the best home usage deep fryers. It usually sells at $149, and sometimes you get it a $129. Costco has it right now at $84.99 and I still had a $60 off $100 dollars purchase, so I added a couple of items (Oil) and could apply the $60 off.

I know, air fryers are healthier.. but don't care.. can't compete against real fried oil!!
Chascon
Couldn't agree more about air-fryers vs deep fryers, especially for French Fries. I've had many deep fryers in my time, and this one is definitely one of the best, but I have to say I've become a big fan of the type that have an oil reservoir in the bottom, Like this one. This type is exceedingly difficult to practice "healthy" oil care with. Generally, what is really bad for you is the fried-and-refried-bits floating around in the oil, so best practice is to filter the oil after each use and store it somewhere dark and cold (like my boss's heart). This is a real PITA with this type as pouring the oil out is a very messy affair and you need something to store it in. With the T-Fal one I have now, I just let it cool, flip a switch and let it drain for an hour or so, then take the oil reservoir and put it in the fridge. I can clean the fryer in between uses and everything is cleaned, filtered and ready for the next use.

Again, this is an excellent deep-fryer, just be aware of the differences between designs.
Last edited by Tapout123 on Jan 15th, 2021 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 16, 2011
2574 posts
2020 upvotes
Clarington
scottmg wrote: The one thing that bothers me about the real fryers with actual oil is that no matter how hard you try, somehow you still get oil everywhere...
I had that experience also until I bought the T-fal EZ Clean Deep Fryer. Straight up - it's probably my favorite thing in my kitchen. Oil automatically filters after every use and you just throw the lid, insert and basket into the dishwasher. I used to have an old deep fryer that was covered in grease on the sides - it was absolutely disgusting. This thing stays exceptionally clean.

edit: just noticed the guy two posts up mentioned the same fryer.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Nov 1, 2010
5334 posts
1439 upvotes
Kanata
Chascon wrote: I know all the hype is with air fryers, but I got one for Christmas and there's no way it replaces a good Deep Fryer..
I mean, no one is going to argue with that
Uh, yeah, I'd like to speak to a Mr. Tabooger, first name Ollie.
Member
May 3, 2018
212 posts
325 upvotes
how does this compare to a cooking pot+ kitchen thermometer combo?
Member
Aug 29, 2017
219 posts
71 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: Couldn't agree more about air-fryers vs deep fryers, especially for French Fries. I've had many deep fryers in my time, and this one is definitely one of the best, but I have to say I've become a big fan of the type that have an oil reservoir in the bottom, Like this one. This type is exceedingly difficult to practice "healthy" oil care with. Generally, what is really bad for you is the fried-and-refried-bits floating around in the oil, so best practice is to filter the oil after each use and store it somewhere dark and cold (like my boss's heart). This is a real PITA with this type as pouring the oil out is a very messy affair and you need something to store it in. With the T-Fal one I have now, I just let it cool, flip a switch and let it drain for an hour or so, then take the oil reservoir and put it in the fridge. I can clean the fryer in between uses and everything is cleaned, filtered and ready for the next use.

Again, this is an excellent deep-fryer, just be aware of the differences between designs.
How do you get ride of the frozen oil later?
Member
May 17, 2017
423 posts
1070 upvotes
Bawler wrote: I had that experience also until I bought the T-fal EZ Clean Deep Fryer. Straight up - it's probably my favorite thing in my kitchen. Oil automatically filters after every use and you just throw the lid, insert and basket into the dishwasher. I used to have an old deep fryer that was covered in grease on the sides - it was absolutely disgusting. This thing stays exceptionally clean.

edit: just noticed the guy two posts up mentioned the same fryer.
That's so funny because that's the one I have. Maybe mine is defective.
Member
Feb 5, 2010
319 posts
115 upvotes
Seems like a good price but... another gadget and it cant get above 400 temp... I think my Dutch oven and a candy thermometer is better tbh
Newbie
Mar 28, 2019
87 posts
151 upvotes
Chascon wrote: We can't here in Québec, since only essential things can be bought... all that section is closed
So order it off the website, thanks for your wonderful contribution to this thread.

OP this looks like a great deal, I was able to youtube some reviews. Much more convenient than going in, looking at it, buying it, just to find out I hate it. Thumbs up from me.
Member
Nov 27, 2016
269 posts
253 upvotes
m8x
The fryer looks like a really great deal, but replacing all my pants would be cost prohibitive.

I do love french fries though...... :)
Newbie
Sep 13, 2014
78 posts
37 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I've had this fryer for atleast 10 years, it still works great. Yes its messy and the oil should be filtered as mentioned above.

I use it outside 90% of the time to avoid the mess.

However if I am using it inside I like to put a cutting board or some type of flat platform on my stove so I can use the exhaust fan above the stove. This cuts down on the grease particles spreading around the kitchen
considerably.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 2, 2010
1064 posts
890 upvotes
Pouyanem wrote: How do you get ride of the frozen oil later?
I keep it in the fridge and re-use it about 10 times. That might be too much but with the filtering it is still nice and clear and light-coloured.

EDIT: Adding that I keep the oil containers and just pour the oil back into those for disposal at recycling centre, although Alton Brown says you can just pour it in the backyard, I don't want racoons and skunks looking for french fries back there.
Member
Aug 29, 2017
219 posts
71 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: I keep it in the fridge and re-use it about 10 times. That might be too much but with the filtering it is still nice and clear and light-coloured.
Wow! That’s great. I really wanted to buy a deep fryer for a long time and was so lazy to research it, as I eat very healthy and occasionally use it. This might be a good choice for me. Need to wait for this to go on sale. What’s the historical cheapest price?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 2, 2010
1064 posts
890 upvotes
Pouyanem wrote: Wow! That’s great. I really wanted to buy a deep fryer for a long time and was so lazy to research it, as I eat very healthy and occasionally use it. This might be a good choice for me. Need to wait for this to go on sale. What’s the historical cheapest price?
I think the lowest I see it at is around $80. That's what I paid for it at CT a few years ago. I had to replace my previous fryer as I had made some fries outside and left it out.....overnight.....in the rain....

We normally use it about once a week for home made fries. I'm convinced that using Canola oil and making my own fries is much healthier than getting McD's (now serving warm lard in 28 flavours).
Member
Aug 29, 2017
219 posts
71 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: I think the lowest I see it at is around $80. That's what I paid for it at CT a few years ago. I had to replace my previous fryer as I had made some fries outside and left it out.....overnight.....in the rain....

We normally use it about once a week for home made fries. I'm convinced that using Canola oil and making my own fries is much healthier than getting McD's (now serving warm lard in 28 flavours).
$80 is great, I checked the Amazon price history using CCC and I went as low as $75. I set a price alert for $80 already.

Have you ever researched or know the difference between deep-frying vs pan-frying (using less oil) with respect to the amount of added oil to the food? I’m wondering for instance the calories of 100g of fries deep-fried fries vs pan-fried? How significant the difference would be? For example, when I pan-fry I can calculate the amount of oil used, as I counted how many table spoon I added lets say for 500g of fries, but with deep frying it’s hard to calculate that.

Top