• Apr 17th, 2021 10:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2009
1096 posts
4171 upvotes
Van Isle

[Costco] Cuisinart Supreme Burr Mill Grinder $39.99 In-Store

For those of you who want to "upgrade" to a burr grinder on the cheap this would be a good option. Straight-up the reviews are mediocre at best however its Costco so if it shitcans on you take it back for a refund with zero hassle. I personally run the Oxo burr grinder and I am quite happy with it but it runs over a 100 bux. This Cuisinart grinder runs $65-$80 everywhere else.

Militant Atheist....There's no goddamn god goddamn it
51 replies
Mar 4, 2006
435 posts
65 upvotes
Toronto
Can this be used for grinding spices? Might be difficult to clean with every use...
Feb 20, 2021
46 posts
52 upvotes
It has terrible reviews from people who've owned it for over 1 year.
Might be worth waiting for a better company/model
Feb 5, 2013
252 posts
247 upvotes
Toronto
I got a 1zpresso hand grinder due to the lack of counter space. Never looked back as it takes <30 seconds to grind daily. I’ve heard this has static galore.
I probably didn’t need it but bought it anyway
May 1, 2017
18 posts
22 upvotes
The static on this thing is insane, coffee grounds will stick to places you didn’t know even existed before. But can be solved by adding a few drops of water to the beans before grinding.

Otherwise, for this price I think it’s a pretty good deal.
Feb 7, 2007
274 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto
My mom's had this for a while. Avoid it.
Jan 28, 2021
7 posts
6 upvotes
I have had this for a couple of years now. The static in the plastic bin is no joke. I use it every single day, and after about 24 months I started cleaning it out every week so that it wouldn't get stuck. I have never had a burr grinder before this so I can't compare. I'm happy for the price. If it were to break I would maybe upgrade, but it has been good to me so far as a cheap entry.
Oct 31, 2010
680 posts
495 upvotes
Edmonton
I've had this for a couple years and have been happy with it. Haven't had any issues with it. I'd buy it again for $40 if I was in the market.
Oct 17, 2020
22 posts
45 upvotes
gptt916 wrote: The static on this thing is insane, coffee grounds will stick to places you didn’t know even existed before. But can be solved by adding a few drops of water to the beans before grinding.

Otherwise, for this price I think it’s a pretty good deal.
Huh thanks for the tip! I've had mine for a year (bought it cheap off an auction site) and it's been pretty good overall, but the static is kind of annoying.

Grinding fresh beans with this has been enough to really elevate my coffee game compared to pre-ground coffee, so not sure how much extra benefit I'd get from a baratza encore (that seems to be the top end entry level grinder). I might shell out for one down the road, but for now I find my cuisinart does the trick.
Jan 26, 2013
92 posts
96 upvotes
Vaughan
Can this be purchased in-store in Ontario right now? (or is this one of the non-essential items)
Sep 21, 2009
456 posts
164 upvotes
Stopped working after few months. Costco return policies are great though.
If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3490 posts
4926 upvotes
BC
I've had mine for a year. Even on the finest setting I find it doesn't grind well enough for drip coffee.

Been using it for French press and it's been good.
Sep 11, 2008
737 posts
439 upvotes
Quebec
Not to be used with espresso. Doesn't grind fine enough. Even with a pressurized basket your coffee wouldn't be the best...
Oct 17, 2009
51 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
I've had it for a year, does the job. Would buy again.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
2781 posts
1760 upvotes
GVRD
Flat burr, it wears out fast. I got one before and hacked it till the burrs are completely flat and moved onto the Bodum Conical Burr.

I guess this is fine for herbs.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2015
2232 posts
1861 upvotes
Montreal, QC
the price looks good, but there's 28 one-star reviews...
Nov 30, 2016
614 posts
613 upvotes
Grande Prairie, AB
I have this grinder, only had it about a month but not problems so far, and easy to clean.
Nov 19, 2018
59 posts
76 upvotes
picked this up at a liquidation place for $20

had it for a few months now, and its ok. it holds a lot of coffee beans.

when it craps out, I'll upgrade to an oxo burr grinder.
Jul 8, 2018
97 posts
127 upvotes
the only positive about this grinder is that its cheap. its barely better than a blade grinder. you get tons of fines regardless of grind setting you choose and good lord the static. just save your money and buy a better grinder. i use it for spices now and its not even great for that.