Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Cuisinart Supreme Burr Mill Grinder $39.99 In-Store

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2021 10:45 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2012
2198 posts
2414 upvotes
Literally bought this a week ago from Costco online. Whoops.
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
3432 posts
1397 upvotes
Lévis
pkphilip wrote: Flat burr, it wears out fast. I got one before and hacked it till the burrs are completely flat and moved onto the Bodum Conical Burr.

I guess this is fine for herbs.
I've seen here in RFD someone who said he will take a blade grinder over flat burr anytime.
Last edited by SPARTACVS on Apr 14th, 2021 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pourquoi pas?
Aug 19, 2006
137 posts
137 upvotes
For $39 its fine....not best but if you don't want to fork out >100$ its fine. Been using for 2 yrs... do hack if want bit finer grind... just build space so closer burr. I used furnace aluminum tape. Youtube it. Not fine enough for espressos but unless you pay over 150$ none will. Static. Just bang bottom and then do it over sink. Not that bad. Once in a while clean chute with toothpick or chopstick....
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2007
1048 posts
554 upvotes
Toronto
We got this 1 year ago from Costco when the pandemic first started. Use it a few times a week and still works perfectly fine for French Press.
Dec 10, 2020
32 posts
90 upvotes
This grinder is horrible. It always puts a ultra fine build up on on side of the container regardless of settings. Avoid it entirely.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2004
3970 posts
3749 upvotes
GVRD
SPARTACVS wrote: I've seen here in RFD someone who said he will take a blade burr over flat burr anytime.
Blade burr? You mean blade grinder right? I am not sure blade burr even make it to any coffee lover's tool collection 🤣

The best are definitely conical burr as you will find in common grinders like Baratza, Bodum
Jan 14, 2006
145 posts
50 upvotes
The trouble isn't with flat burrs - the most expensive grinders use flat burrs; the trouble is with "false burrs": http://go.redirectingat.com/?id=2927x59 ... rs%2F32642

Proper flat burrs are used in the top end of coffee grinding - not that conical burrs are bad as they each have their respective strengths.
Aug 25, 2008
564 posts
163 upvotes
Avoid this grinder. Bought this from Costco and had to return it after few days of use..it suddenly stopped working..
Aug 28, 2007
480 posts
1055 upvotes
Toronto
This thing has really poor reviews from Costco. last time it went on sale, I was tempted. after reading the reviews, I think I dodged a bullet.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9733 upvotes
BC
raven0usvampire wrote: This thing has really poor reviews from Costco. last time it went on sale, I was tempted. after reading the reviews, I think I dodged a bullet.
Pretty risk free with Costco's return policy, take it back if it's no good
Mar 18, 2007
389 posts
164 upvotes
Edmonton, ab
gptt916 wrote: The static on this thing is insane, coffee grounds will stick to places you didn’t know even existed before. But can be solved by adding a few drops of water to the beans before grinding.

Otherwise, for this price I think it’s a pretty good deal.
Came here to add the “few drops of water” trick. It makes the grinder go from useless to pretty solid.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
Pay more (~$200) and get a Baratza Encore instead.

I owned this Cuisinart grinder for about a year. It was fine. It was reliable and didn't break. The static thing is real. It's annoying and creates a bit of a mess. The sound of the grinder is not plesant. The plastic feels cheap. The grind is not very consistent, but it's still better than drinking pre-ground coffee. I upgraded to a Baratza Encore after about a year and was so much happier. More consistent grind, better build quality, better sound, less (but still some) static. It's just such a better experience for something that I use every day.
Aug 19, 2006
137 posts
137 upvotes
Why are people comparing $40 to $200 grinder. Its fine for most people. Just clean the chute every once a while esp if using oilier bean... you wont find anything better for $40. Step up from blade. Yes its not cone burr nor quiet. But really... go spend $150-$200 if youre going to be that picky
Jun 5, 2009
121 posts
8 upvotes
It's loud for a bur grinder we've had it for almost a year and I would definitely buy one again. It works well and seems like it has lots of life left.

Considering grabbing this just to have if and when this one goes down.
Nov 16, 2012
25 posts
32 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Bought this 2 years ago online. It broke after about 1 year, simply stopped turning on.

Contacted cuisinart as I didn't purchase from Costco, I had to mail back the power cord for warranty, I had a new one within 2 weeks and has worked great ever since.

Its not great, but it does the job for the French press.
Mar 16, 2015
168 posts
138 upvotes
BC
Like others have mentioned. This was only a half decent grinder. The static is real and bugs me as well. Also the beans don't flow down into the hopper well enough so sometimes I have to shake the hopper mid grind to get them to burr. I don't totally regret my purchase, but I am on the lookout for a better option.
Aug 7, 2012
48 posts
39 upvotes
Calgary
Hilarious reading the comments on here that conical burrs are massively superior to flat burrs. Conical burrs are superior to these low end, "false burrs", as posted in the previous article, but the best grinders available all generally use large, flat burrs.
Deal Addict
Jul 10, 2004
2256 posts
6076 upvotes
Vancouver
namabeer wrote: Why are people comparing $40 to $200 grinder. Its fine for most people. Just clean the chute every once a while esp if using oilier bean... you wont find anything better for $40. Step up from blade. Yes its not cone burr nor quiet. But really... go spend $150-$200 if youre going to be that picky
I agree with this. My advice is to be picky :)

I bought this and it was "ehh.. not awful but good enough" for a while and then my coffee snobbery increased and I decided to get a Baraza Encore instead (which btw is like the bare minimum that coffee snobs accept as a decent grinder), and I wish I had just gotten the Baratza in the first place because it would have saved me from a year's worth of annoying grind static, inconsistent grind/coffee, and that annoying "whiiiiiiiirrrrrl" sound first thing in the morning (btw, the Baratza Encore doesn't sound great either, but it's much better than this at least).