Hot Deals

Costco

Danby 12,000 BTU SACC portable air conditioner DUAL HOSE $599 in store / $639 online

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 5:07 am
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
Does this have any white window trim option or anything like that? I’d expect most condo boards/strata insist window pieces are always white or off-white…
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2019
2200 posts
1046 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: I mean TECHNICALLY I went that past 2 summers with zero AC... so...
So did almost 600 of these unlucky folks. Eventually, it caught up with them.
Deal Expert
User avatar
Nov 7, 2003
21612 posts
1624 upvotes
Shanghai, China
sheyenne wrote: So did almost 600 of these unlucky folks. Eventually, it caught up with them.
I'm not surprised because last year's heatwave was insane. Even the malls' AC seemed inadequate. I also spent time in my car to stay cool as I waited for the LG ACs to be available. I'm in a much better position now, but I would like to pick up one more unit. Too bad I snoozed when the Danby dropped to $350.
Member
Jun 16, 2021
214 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
Bit the bullet on the Leon's Midea one.

Will update once it arrives. Probably gonna take some time as it is a 'preorder'
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
Kaitlyn wrote: Does this have any white window trim option or anything like that? I’d expect most condo boards/strata insist window pieces are always white or off-white…
Bumping my question :)

Maybe it's better to just the the white Midea from Lowes/Rona/Leons/etc....
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2003
3571 posts
999 upvotes
Vancouver
Kaitlyn wrote: Bumping my question :)

Maybe it's better to just the the white Midea from Lowes/Rona/Leons/etc....
The Costco Danby 14000 BTU dual hose model is black with black window trim. There is a 12000 BTU dual hose version that's white with white window trim. You might want to look into getting a piece of plexi-glass or clear acrylic made that you can attach the hose to and put in your window instead.
Member
Jun 16, 2021
214 posts
339 upvotes
Toronto
SPYderBra wrote: Bit the bullet on the Leon's Midea one.

Will update once it arrives. Probably gonna take some time as it is a 'preorder'
Someone from Leon's called me this morning. The AC is expected to arrive by end of June. Decided the cancel the purchase.
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2015
199 posts
90 upvotes
BC
just a heads up that the danby 14000 is available at costco right now - stock is super low so you have to go in the morning that they have it available, its usually 32-64 units and they'll all go before 12 noon.
Deal Guru
User avatar
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
ayogtc wrote: just a heads up that the danby 14000 is available at costco right now - stock is super low so you have to go in the morning that they have it available, its usually 32-64 units and they'll all go before 12 noon.
What’s in store price?
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1910 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver
ayogtc wrote: just a heads up that the danby 14000 is available at costco right now - stock is super low so you have to go in the morning that they have it available, its usually 32-64 units and they'll all go before 12 noon.
vancouver?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2006
1814 posts
185 upvotes
Vancouver
Didn't realize how big the unit was when it arrived.
Not sure if it will fit in the back of my SUV.
Be prepared to lug that heavy thing when purchasing in store.
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2015
199 posts
90 upvotes
BC
pentexplorer wrote: vancouver?
i went to the willingdon one in burnaby, but when i last checked the biggest shipments were to willingdon and richmond. the best thing you can do is go in, and ask someone in a red vest, or someone next to a computer terminal on how many are coming in and roughly when they'll get there. otherwise you'll have to go at 9am everyday.
Jr. Member
Dec 16, 2015
199 posts
90 upvotes
BC
way2quik wrote: Didn't realize how big the unit was when it arrived.
Not sure if it will fit in the back of my SUV.
Be prepared to lug that heavy thing when purchasing in store.
yea it almost didnt fit in my fiance's prius; almost blew my back out getting it out of the shopping cart too.
Member
User avatar
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
484 upvotes
ayogtc wrote: yea it almost didnt fit in my fiance's prius; almost blew my back out getting it out of the shopping cart too.
I'm surprised one of these even fits in a Prius. I moved a few of these last year... The box is huge.

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 5 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 4 guests)

ingradrameriz