Hot Deals

Costco

Danby 12,000 BTU SACC portable air conditioner DUAL HOSE $599 in store / $639 online

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 5:07 am
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
190 in stock online at the moment. Still full price.

Remember: it will go in and out of stock regularly during all the season like last year.

Screenshot (2675).png
Nov 24, 2013
68 posts
33 upvotes
Vancouver
Out of stock online.
There were more 100+ when I checked earlier today, and
there was 1 left when I was about to order.

I was a bit hesitant to order this at 700+ dollars, and then it went out of stock.
Hopefully LG dual one gets stocked soon at HD...
GL
Images
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-26 at 10.53.43 PM.png
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
joonilliant wrote: Out of stock online.
There were more 100+ when I checked earlier today, and
there was 1 left when I was about to order.

I was a bit hesitant to order this at 700+ dollars, and then it went out of stock.
Hopefully LG dual one gets stocked soon at HD...
GL
Is there an lg dial one? I wasn’t seeing a newer model when I looked before. It at least seemed to get really well consistent reviews… too bad single hose
Dec 31, 2006
92 posts
21 upvotes
In Montreal they have plenty in stock in store. I just purchased one today at 621.99 for the price at the West Island Costco in Montreal

I couldn't get it into the shopping cart because it was too heavy but the salesperson had one in a cart which he let me take. Of course once I got it from the cart into my SUV I noticed that the bottom corner of the box including the styrofoam look like it was eaten off and I can see the wheel of the unit. I certainly hope that there is no functional problem with this as it will be a real pain to bring back to the store.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12969 posts
11815 upvotes
canadoc wrote: In Montreal they have plenty in stock in store. I just purchased one today at 621.99 for the price at the West Island Costco in Montreal

I couldn't get it into the shopping cart because it was too heavy but the salesperson had one in a cart which he let me take. Of course once I got it from the cart into my SUV I noticed that the bottom corner of the box including the styrofoam look like it was eaten off and I can see the wheel of the unit. I certainly hope that there is no functional problem with this as it will be a real pain to bring back to the store.
How many shipping straps on your box?
The one that I ordered last year had only on strap when it arrived. It did not work. It may be a return.
It should have at least 2 straps. May be 3.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $35 5GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, Zoomer $36 6GB plan,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet, $0 FPL home phone.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
⬆ If you look at post #1 four straps is normal.

That being said, losing 1-2 straps during transportation via UPS (if you order online for example) doesn't necessarily mean you got a return or a dud. Drivers (usually alone in a truck to deliver this) grab the boxes by the straps and sometimes they snap off.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4152 posts
521 upvotes
hey what's good RFD, long time no discussion for me here

ok I just installed this, wedged a little ghetto piece of wood to secure the sliding window from opening further but the included panel is like 8", someone can easily slip through!

what kind of security measures can I reinforce here, besides full security bars/cage that doesn't appear to meet fire code...
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
Back in stock, only 10 at time of post
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
Just got mine delivered today. Heavy indeed - UPS driver just dragged it along the ground - bottom of box all ruined.

I am moving in ~3 weeks and I wonder if it's best to bring it upstairs and test it out before I move, or just wait until later? Get a head start IF it needs return/exchange... vs basically waiting another month.

Any thoughts? It seems that's the biggest issue with these - quality control with some being bad for sure.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12969 posts
11815 upvotes
I will test it before moving. It is heavy.
Mar 4, 2006
423 posts
484 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Just got mine delivered today. Heavy indeed - UPS driver just dragged it along the ground - bottom of box all ruined.

I am moving in ~3 weeks and I wonder if it's best to bring it upstairs and test it out before I move, or just wait until later? Get a head start IF it needs return/exchange... vs basically waiting another month.

Any thoughts? It seems that's the biggest issue with these - quality control with some being bad for sure.
Return will be easy since it is Costco. The real question is if there will be stock to get a new one a month from now.
Aug 4, 2011
108 posts
57 upvotes
How often does costco restock these products?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
jjwlcv wrote: How often does costco restock these products?
It's random: every few days/weeks. It's unpredictable. The season is very young. Keep watching. They will have some more.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
12969 posts
11815 upvotes
jjwlcv wrote: How often does costco restock these products?
No. You may need Costco return or warranty support for this A/C.
Jun 25, 2020
14 posts
3 upvotes
This is back in stock on the costco website as of 5:00pm PST 5/9/2022. Not sure on the quantity.
I just placed an order after randomly F5ing before heading out.
Lucky me.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
Natsukaze wrote: This is back in stock on the costco website as of 5:00pm PST 5/9/2022. Not sure on the quantity.
I just placed an order after randomly F5ing before heading out.
Lucky me.
244 and counting
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
Okay so I finally lugged and unpacked mine on to my main floor (IF I have to return, going to be a bitch getting things back together in the box!)

Gonna leave it for a solid 12+ hours and test it out tomorrow.

Do I literally just need to plug it in for a bit and make it sure it blows cold air? No need to actually hook the hose up to a window? Any other specific steps/things to test before I deem it a keeper?

The latest review from 3 days ago doesn't give me a ton of hope for this year's air conditioners! :(
★★★★★1 out of 5 stars.
Quentin08
· 3 days ago
Lasted 2 minutes before breaking
Turned it on… not even 2 minutes later it was tearing itself apart. I read the reviews prior to purchasing but I figured a bad batch came through and it would be ironed out.. I guess not. Stay away!
Last edited by Kaitlyn on May 9th, 2022 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
⬆ Yes, that's all you have to do. Maybe try to link with your cell if the connected feature is important to you.
The reason there are so many negative reviews is because Costco sold thousands of this model last year.
Danby seem to prefer to save on Quality Control and get many returns.
The ones who get duds are very vocal about it and post everywhere while the ones who experience no problem don't go left and right to post about it.
Good luck! 6 hours is enough; it's in the instruction manual.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

ingradrameriz