Hot Deals

Costco

Danby 12,000 BTU SACC portable air conditioner DUAL HOSE $599 in store / $639 online

• Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2022 5:07 am
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
sealtest wrote: I actually posted last year with a video of said problem and had people agree their unit also had the whine.

costco-danby-12-000-btu-sacc-portable-a ... #p34856910

Judging by your video you have the whine + something else making the noise which my unit does not have
I'll take another look in a couple days maybe. And maybe a final try after moving it... if nothing changes, guess I'll just call costco and see about exchanging. At least (for now, fingers crossed!) it seems functional and the noise wasn't getting WORSE/unit doesn't seem like it's about to break itself apart like some reviews have stated
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2011
1910 posts
636 upvotes
Vancouver
ephdub wrote: Still creek said last night there’s 35 coming in but there’s only 8 in stock. There’s 6 people in line.

Richmond says 52 coming in but none came in.
well there's no way I am chugging that thing back home, I would do a delivery at least.
Mar 27, 2019
58 posts
61 upvotes
I was able to buy the LG dual hose one from HD yesterday. Went oos after my order. I bought the Costco Danby one 1 month back. Should I return the Costco one? Is the LG one much better?
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
sunnyzip wrote: I was able to buy the LG dual hose one from HD yesterday. Went oos after my order. I bought the Costco Danby one 1 month back. Should I return the Costco one? Is the LG one much better?
Wait what’s the lg dual hose? I’m only aware of their popular single hose one
Dec 28, 2020
24 posts
2 upvotes
How likely is it to find one of these in stock in the GTA? If i call my local Costco, will they tell me when they're expecting stock to arrive? Will the box fit in your average sedan (ie. Mazda 3, Civic)?
Apr 15, 2009
210 posts
142 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this actually $599 in store? big jump from $499 last year
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12630 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
hey guys, just want to let you know that Costco by Yorkdale has bunch of these in stock and price is $599
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11169 posts
1288 upvotes
GVR
sunnyzip wrote: This one https://www.homedepot.ca/product/lg-ele ... 1001221502

Although it says Dual inverter instead of dual hose.
Everything I understand from what I’ve researched so far is, avoid single hose

I actually had a neighbor told me they had 3 of those in their home and they DID like them but the one thing he said was if he was getting new ones would definitely get dual hose

Sooo, quality control aside, would say the Danby is definitely the better option
Oct 28, 2020
142 posts
101 upvotes
Have one in Vancouver, planning to return just need to arrange to bring to store…
Dec 28, 2020
24 posts
2 upvotes
Aznkid2000 wrote: hey guys, just want to let you know that Costco by Yorkdale has bunch of these in stock and price is $599
Do you know approximately how many they had?
Jul 5, 2021
56 posts
55 upvotes
chyeahhhhh5 wrote: How likely is it to find one of these in stock in the GTA? If i call my local Costco, will they tell me when they're expecting stock to arrive? Will the box fit in your average sedan (ie. Mazda 3, Civic)?
I have the Mazda 3 sedan. There's no chance it will fit with the box. I doubt you'll be able to get it into the back seat either. You might be able to fit it in the trunk without the box.
Jun 12, 2010
544 posts
896 upvotes
If anyone is interested, I have an unused and unopened one I'd rather sell than deal with returning. Vancouver
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8885 posts
15904 upvotes
Montreal
craigslist123 wrote: I recently bought this one. I love it.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/noma ... p.html#plp
Not a good deal: half the power for 80% of the price.

SACC 7,000 BTU versus 12,000 BTU for the Danby.

If you have a problem, CT customer support is terrible when compared to Costco. I bet they would tell you to deal with the manufacturer.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2003
2190 posts
520 upvotes
sunnyzip wrote: I was able to buy the LG dual hose one from HD yesterday. Went oos after my order. I bought the Costco Danby one 1 month back. Should I return the Costco one? Is the LG one much better?
How's the HD return policy compared to costco ? If I get it from HD and don't like it, do I have only 14 days to return or is it 30 days ?
Deal Guru
Jan 31, 2007
12630 posts
342 upvotes
Toronto
chyeahhhhh5 wrote: Do you know approximately how many they had?
i went on friday and looks like only about 2-3 units were sold out of maybe 40?
One Man's Trash Is Another Man's Treasure

Thread Information

There are currently 7 users viewing this thread. (3 members and 4 guests)

ingradrameriz, purpleduck, mackit