Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Danby 14,000 BTU 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner $419 Online/$399 instore ($100 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 2nd, 2019 1:12 pm
Dec 21, 2007
908 posts
439 upvotes
moncton
Too loud to use while sleeping. Too heavy to move up and down stairs. They are useful to cool down a room before you go to bed when its unbearably hot though.

At our old house for the casement window I used plexiglass (or you could use thin MDF) and cut a hole in it and placed it where the screen would go.
Apr 19, 2014
40 posts
2 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
I bought this a few weeks ago when first released. Any idea if Costco will do a price adjustment for me.

Also this unit has worked well. I like that they greatly improved the hose to window encasement connection.
Mar 31, 2019
72 posts
59 upvotes
singhchanna wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:46 pm
Got this last year and it has been pretty good for my ~800 sq. ft. apartment. Just pair it with a smart plug (I have the tp link hs105) and start it a half hour before you get home. The only downside I would say is that it is louder than the 45 to 50 dB that danby claims.
I have the white unit and it requires me to press "ON" after plugging it in.
Sep 20, 2007
752 posts
237 upvotes
GVRD
canucks6024 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:50 pm
I have the white unit and it requires me to press "ON" after plugging it in.
I picked up the white 12k BTU unit early May and it has WIFI connection with App support. I might return mine and get this unit since they're same price but the one on sale is 14k BTU.
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2004
3783 posts
915 upvotes
artofwar wrote:
May 20th, 2019 4:40 pm
do any of you with portable A/C's have a casement type window and if so, how did you deal with the installation of the A/C on a casement window?
I just put the hose out of the window, and it works fine.

I know some people who have made their own housing (out of cardboard with a hole in the middle for the hose), and others who have got it professionally done (plexiglass).
[OP]
Oct 14, 2017
591 posts
400 upvotes
Bluejays72 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 9:45 pm
I bought this a few weeks ago when first released. Any idea if Costco will do a price adjustment for me.

Also this unit has worked well. I like that they greatly improved the hose to window encasement connection.
Generally, if it has been within a month they usually do it (on some occasions I have done price adjustments on purchases more than two months ago but YMMV).
May 24, 2018
70 posts
37 upvotes
Looks like a good deal.

Anyone know hows the geeksquad warranty like on ACs?
Nov 28, 2016
513 posts
202 upvotes
Is it safe to use it with a smart plug? Doesn’t need to press ON?
Available in store?
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
1665 posts
436 upvotes
artofwar wrote:
May 20th, 2019 4:40 pm
do any of you with portable A/C's have a casement type window and if so, how did you deal with the installation of the A/C on a casement window?
Get a plexiglass cover made with cutout for hose.
singhchanna wrote:
May 20th, 2019 8:46 pm
Got this last year and it has been pretty good for my ~800 sq. ft. apartment. Just pair it with a smart plug (I have the tp link hs105) and start it a half hour before you get home. The only downside I would say is that it is louder than the 45 to 50 dB that danby claims.
It's WiFi connected already.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4552 posts
210 upvotes
Vancity
In real world testing, dual hose benefits in efficiency are overstated vs on paper; from consumersearch:
But things are not quite so cut and dried. In our own research, we found that among users, single-hose models often rate as well or better than many dual-hose portable air conditioners. Your Best Digs chimes in to say that "Ultimately, dual hose units are better than single hose units in terms of pure cooling power on the hottest days," but also adds that in their test set up, "it wasn't such a significant difference that we could ignore the strengths of smaller, cheaper, and better-looking models that still have solid cooling capacity."
Dec 14, 2006
30 posts
22 upvotes
The link doesn't work anymore. I bought this last week on costco.ca, looking to get a price adjustment of some sort.
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2002
4018 posts
1997 upvotes
Vancouver
-OY- wrote:
May 21st, 2019 12:27 pm
The link doesn't work anymore. I bought this last week on costco.ca, looking to get a price adjustment of some sort.
It's back now at $519.. maybe they put the sale price up early in error.

Ron.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2003
9923 posts
1649 upvotes
gphammer wrote: For a two hose unit, perhaps take a look at at this at BB. it on for $499.99

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ha ... b/10538448
Thanks. I just picked one up. Gonna year it out for a month. Hoping Danny goes on sale inside Costco store. I rather buy at Costco than Best Buy.

Are those “warranty” worth it that beat buy sell for air conditioner. Says $90 for 4 year coverage. But has anyone actually used it successfully to get unit fixed or replaced?
One blind human - a tragedy
Ten blind humans - a disaster
One million blind humans - a statistic
Dec 24, 2018
29 posts
29 upvotes
Nuckles37 wrote:
May 20th, 2019 4:51 pm
I haven't tried using it yet, but I bought this which is supposed to let portable A/C's work with those types of windows: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07C986TBQ/

The exhaust hose might be too short though, so you might have to buy another one online and tape them together to extend it.
OMG, thank you so much! I didn't know this exists! I have casement windows and I have never seen such thing before at Rona or Home Depot or Lowes!!
All I had was a DIY with card board and a fly mesh...