Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Danby 14,000 BTU 3-in-1 Portable Air Conditioner with Silencer Technology [$419.99 online] $389.99 in store $100 off

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2021 12:01 pm
Sep 28, 2016
176 posts
144 upvotes
West Canada
tivo_box wrote: Damn it I missed the sale. Any chance it will go on sale again soon?
You can consider: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/da ... 59065.aspx?

It is pretty much the same btus, little louder with 3 option fan settings. I purchased (then returned) this model before i got one from costco. Everything else inside the box is the same.
Amat Victoria Curam
Oct 28, 2005
752 posts
607 upvotes
TukangFikir wrote: You can consider: https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/da ... 59065.aspx?

It is pretty much the same btus, little louder with 3 option fan settings. I purchased (then returned) this model before i got one from costco. Everything else inside the box is the same.
Thank you. Does the Costco model also require emptying buckets of water? I thought it has a self evaporate feature?
Sep 28, 2016
176 posts
144 upvotes
West Canada
I believe both model have the same self evaporate feature. Another different thing between costco model and bbuy is warranty (costco 2 years from danby and bbuy 1 year)
Amat Victoria Curam
Aug 6, 2016
174 posts
179 upvotes
Vancouver
nebiopassat wrote: would you mind posting a pic of the finished panel from associatedplasitcs? thanks!
This is a close up of the hole for the AC hose adapter if that's what you wanted to see. I put the rough marker lines on there so they knew approx where to cut the hole and orientation of the adapter. The hose adapter fits in tight enough no screws are needed.
Images
  • IMG_20180606_091408.jpg
Mar 9, 2013
140 posts
54 upvotes
BC
KevinRmr wrote: This is a close up of the hole for the AC hose adapter if that's what you wanted to see. I put the rough marker lines on there so they knew approx where to cut the hole and orientation of the adapter. The hose adapter fits in tight enough no screws are needed.
cool ! thanks very much, I will give them a call.
Oct 14, 2008
889 posts
363 upvotes
I ended up with a lemon from HD..tank kept getting full every hour..re-ordered the 4 in 1 from HD and bought the one from Costco as well. Although the Costco one is a little quiter it was actually quite a bit bigger, including the hose which is probably twice as wide. Used both for a few days. No difference between the two when it came to cooling my space. Ended up keeping the HD one as it's smaller, has the heater function which is handy for my house as it'll save me from heating up the two lower levels as I only have 1 thermostat there and it's overall better build quality. Also the fan is much more powerful on the 4 in 1 so it works better for open concepts. I love the display on the front too but a little noisier as it doesn't have "silencer technology". For those who missed the Costco sale you should consider the 4 in 1 from HD. After PM it's a difference of $40 but to me it's well worth it.
Sep 5, 2006
888 posts
328 upvotes
N.S.
Any one care to give their opinion on this air conditioner, how is the cooling, quality of build, noise etc. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
marste wrote: Any one care to give their opinion on this air conditioner, how is the cooling, quality of build, noise etc. Thanks in advance for your reply.
Mine will be going back, The top of the unit the plastic is not clipped into the side of the unit because something inside the machine is not allowing it.So you see a big gap into the top of the unit.
The cooling works just ok.After running for 24 hours it was noticeable not as cool air coming out.Also in a 500sq ft room the air running the room tempature is still 23C and on the hot day a couple days ago outside temp was 38C and that room temp was 25C.

The system is not that loud though and actually more quiet then our old 10k btu window unit.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Sep 5, 2006
888 posts
328 upvotes
N.S.
blazed16 wrote: Mine will be going back, The top of the unit the plastic is not clipped into the side of the unit because something inside the machine is not allowing it.So you see a big gap into the top of the unit.
The cooling works just ok.After running for 24 hours it was noticeable not as cool air coming out.Also in a 500sq ft room the air running the room tempature is still 23C and on the hot day a couple days ago outside temp was 38C and that room temp was 25C.

The system is not that loud though and actually more quiet then our old 10k btu window unit.
Thank you so much for your prompt and detailed reply, I appreciate this, difficult to find reviews for this model.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
marste wrote: Any one care to give their opinion on this air conditioner, how is the cooling, quality of build, noise etc. Thanks in advance for your reply.

I had to exchange mine this week. Bought it a month ago and everything was great in the beginning. Then, I started to notice a ringing sounds from the back of the unit that got progressively louder over 2 weeks. On top of that, for the last three days I had the unit, I noticed a small leak under the unit after running it overnight. After the third occurrence, I called Danny and they suggested an exchange through Costco as the purchase was so recent.

I’m on my second unit now and am on Day 3. Runs ice cold and cools down my 650 sq. Ft. Condo (facing south east) without any issue. It’s reasonably quiet and I have it placed in my living room next to the TV. Can watch TV and do all the usual stuff at home without any noise issues. Hoping the first one was just a lemon though!
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2004
4349 posts
1588 upvotes
Vancouver
vancityguy0 wrote: I had to exchange mine this week. Bought it a month ago and everything was great in the beginning. Then, I started to notice a ringing sounds from the back of the unit that got progressively louder over 2 weeks. On top of that, for the last three days I had the unit, I noticed a small leak under the unit after running it overnight. After the third occurrence, I called Danny and they suggested an exchange through Costco as the purchase was so recent.

I’m on my second unit now and am on Day 3. Runs ice cold and cools down my 650 sq. Ft. Condo (facing south east) without any issue. It’s reasonably quiet and I have it placed in my living room next to the TV. Can watch TV and do all the usual stuff at home without any noise issues. Hoping the first one was just a lemon though!
Similar story to share except mine was in year 2 of operation as I bought it just before last summer. I have the white Danby from Costco and the blower fan for the compressor started to act up and squeak annoyingly and very loudly. I called Danby for in-home service and they suggested for me just to return it to Costco. I insisted on just servicing it because I didn't think Costco carried the white model anymore. A week later, the technician came by and within 5 minutes confirmed what I already knew about the problem and told me that I'm best off returning it to Costco because "air conditioning parts are hard to come by and there's no guarantee it won't act up again." Lucky for me it seems Costco just restocked the white model and it was $10 cheaper than last year too. So I guess the advice here is not to even bother with service.. and just bring it back to Costco!
Removed external link in signature.
Sep 5, 2006
888 posts
328 upvotes
N.S.
Wow you all were fortunate to find a replacements in store, there were no air conditioners at all in store at the location I shop. Thanks to all for the detailed info, most appreciated.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2017
1501 posts
3477 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
marste wrote: Wow you all were fortunate to find a replacements in store, there were no air conditioners at all in store at the location I shop. Thanks to all for the detailed info, most appreciated.
The trick is to load test the unit before the first heat wave hits the city. When I went to exchange mine, it was first thing AM on the day the heat wave warning went out. The local Costco still had 21 in stock and they had only sold 1 per day in the past few days, according to the admin staff. I checked before I hauled the damn thing back to the store. Good luck with your search!
Don't request PMs in your signature - Mods
Oct 14, 2010
227 posts
186 upvotes
Ontario
Hi guys, wondering if someone can answer. I installed the 12,000 BTU version last night. I noticed when in AC mode, it has a bit of a high pitched sort of 'squeal' sound. It isn't unbearable but it is noticeably more annoying sounding than if I just have the fan going. From what I have read online I believe it would be related to the compressor?
Is this sort of noise typical for the unit?