99dmg wrote: Wow reg price was $519.99 last year. Inflation is real
Yup - and $400 when it was on sale/clearance
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
3669 posts
3264 upvotes
99dmg wrote: Wow reg price was $519.99 last year. Inflation is real
Yup, I bought mine for $519 last year.

It's not just inflation. It's also a shortage of electronic supplies globally.

China is the world's global manufacturing factory. People laugh now at the latest COVID outbreak in China. They ain't laughing anymore when it hits their pocketbook.
Apr 5, 2017
36 posts
37 upvotes
I've never bought one of these but want to for the summer. Is there any way to know whether these would work on a window that slides sideways?
Dec 27, 2018
127 posts
166 upvotes
Coquitlam
empscram wrote: I've never bought one of these but want to for the summer. Is there any way to know whether these would work on a window that slides sideways?
It works you can either buy extra pieces or go creative (here I use 2 pieces of plastified styrofoam from Dollarama)
Aug 8, 2011
209 posts
230 upvotes
Vancouver
I've been monitoring it for a month now and it has been in and out of stock the whole time so this isn't rare. When it goes out of stock it rarely stays out of stock for more than a day or two.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2017
6235 posts
4750 upvotes
Good luck when the heat wave arrives. It will be out of stock for the entire season.
💳 Amex Cobalt - MBNA RWE - Brim WE
😊 Amex Platinum - Bonvoy Brilliant Amex - CIBC Aeroplan VIP
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8986 posts
16221 upvotes
Montreal
empscram wrote: I've never bought one of these but want to for the summer. Is there any way to know whether these would work on a window that slides sideways?
Yes, there are few pictures at the beginning of last year's thread:

This is the Hot deals forum not the "In stock" forum. At $640, this is NOT a hot deal and it's even worst in Québec @ $662!

Screenshot (2663).png
Jun 16, 2021
216 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
It is already out of stock in Ontario.

Op, disregard the complainers. Good post.
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
11686 posts
5687 upvotes
oos that was fast lol.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2011
8986 posts
16221 upvotes
Montreal
Dragynfyre wrote: I've been monitoring it for a month now and it has been in and out of stock the whole time so this isn't rare. When it goes out of stock it rarely stays out of stock for more than a day or two.
SPYderBra wrote: It is already out of stock in Ontario. Op, disregard the complainers. Good post.
As "Dragynfyre" said, it goes in and out of stock all the time. I've monitored it the entire season last year before I bought @ $350. They sold thousands last year and they will do it again.

The inventory swings in the hundreds. They had 887 last November then 390 in December.

It gets shipped by UPS directly from the Danby warehouse. So they probably put the "Out of stock" sign when the shipping can't keep up to avoid showing long shipping delay.

1000x679_smart_fit.jpg
Last edited by Temporel on Apr 21st, 2022 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 12, 2010
547 posts
909 upvotes
I have two I bought last year which arrived after the heat wave, one I got at regular retail price and the other on sale. I'm planning to return the regular retail priced one, but if someone is interested in buying it for less than the current retail price feel free to message me (Vancouver area). I'll open it and put it through a test run too so you don't have to play the lottery with it actually working (two of mine were duds, many people seemed to get unlucky too).

Pros: save money compared to current retail, don't have to fight for stock and verified to work
Cons: return period is closing some time in August, you have to pick up this heavy beast
Jul 15, 2012
261 posts
736 upvotes
GVA
West warehouses got them this week as well and they are $599 in warehouse. Call ahead and check for inventory before you go in.
Jun 16, 2021
216 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Temporel wrote: As "Dragynfyre" said, it goes in and out of stock all the time. I've monitored it the entire season last year before I bought @ $350. They sold thousands last year and they will do it again.

The inventory swings in the hundreds. They had 887 last November then 390 in December.

It gets shipped by UPS directly from the Danby warehouse. So they probably put the "Out of stock" sign when the shipping can't keep up to avoid showing long shipping delay.

1000x679_smart_fit.jpg
Yeap. Managed to buy it about 20 minutes ago. Thanks
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5921 posts
3883 upvotes
Victoria
mrumble wrote: Did Princess Auto get all last years returns? $450 next week: https://www.princessauto.com/en/refurbi ... 0009039710
Hmm... not a good sign to have potentially a lot of refurbished products come on the market... What I find interesting is that PA lists the refrigerant as R410a but the one at Costco comes with R32. Maybe it's just an error on PA website?