Costco

Danby Upright Freezer 6 cu ft $299.99 in store

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2021 12:53 pm
Dec 25, 2010
968 posts
343 upvotes
Vancouver
Roadking75 wrote: Any pictures of the inside?
There are a couple photos of the inside on the Costco website (where it is $150 more). See the link in the OP.
Aug 1, 2009
252 posts
36 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Didn't see this one at Costco Newmarket.

They had the White version, but it was 379.99
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2012
1361 posts
725 upvotes
Toronto
02p5 wrote: If you are looking for a 5.0 cu ft chest freezer, Home
Depot has a Midea unit for BF sale at $168. Also free shipping.
Home Depot was selling the 5.5 danby for the same price on Black Friday.
JS
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1665 posts
923 upvotes
Vancouver
gizmokrap wrote: Hey all, I was at Costco to get the GOM in person and spotted this.

Usually it's $449.99 on the website but $150 off in store.

I need an upright freezer like this one but only if I didn't spend my money on buying GOM, 3 WD HDDs and not a small hatchback... Loudly Crying Face

For those who are able to and needs one, you should get one.
How is this a hot deal?

FYI, it's always more expensive online to cover delivery charges.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
907 posts
1442 upvotes
shamans wrote: How is this a hot deal?

FYI, it's always more expensive online to cover delivery charges.
So the delivery is worth extra $150 in this case?

If you don't agree with the deal, downvote (i assume you did already) and move on.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24591 posts
9966 upvotes
Socially Distanced
gizmokrap wrote: So the delivery is worth extra $150 in this case?

If you don't agree with the deal, downvote (i assume you did already) and move on.
It is not. The 5.1 chest also charges $130 for delivery :rolleyes:
The best deal was last year on BF there was a 8.7cu ft chest for $349 delivered. This past BF it was raised to $399.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1665 posts
923 upvotes
Vancouver
gizmokrap wrote: So the delivery is worth extra $150 in this case?

Looks to be that way. Still doesn't answer why this is a hot deal.

I was looking for a freezer in Costco last week and they had more than 10 different ones in store. By that rationale, we need a post for each major appliance they carry.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24591 posts
9966 upvotes
Socially Distanced
shamans wrote: Looks to be that way. Still doesn't answer why this is a hot deal.

I was looking for a freezer in Costco last week and they had more than 10 different ones in store. By that rationale, we need a post for each major appliance they carry.
Which store is that, my local Costco only has two models, the 5.1 and 9.7? cu ft Danbys.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1665 posts
923 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: Which store is that, my local Costco only has two models, the 5.1 and 9.7? cu ft Danbys.
Richmond, BC. Next to TV's, near the entrance. Lots of different sizes, upright and chest.

I ended not getting one because wife gave the thumbs down even after I got the home depot Danby 5.5 chest for $168.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24591 posts
9966 upvotes
Socially Distanced
shamans wrote: Richmond, BC. Next to TV's, near the entrance. Lots of different sizes, upright and chest.

I ended not getting one because wife gave the thumbs down even after I got the home depot Danby 5.5 chest for $168.
If you happen to grab a pic of the different models and prices it would be interesting to know what the selection is.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1665 posts
923 upvotes
Vancouver
Quentin5 wrote: If you happen to grab a pic of the different models and prices it would be interesting to know what the selection is.
I took some really quick last week but not all the models.
Some pics are of the inside.

They basically had super small ones all the way to really big ones. I didn't take pics of the smaller ones (was too small).

Hard to read some item numbers after RFD downsampling.
Images
  • PXL_20201119_222148784.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_222144690.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_222140265.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_222138034.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_222042352.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_221958217.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_221916119.jpg
  • PXL_20201119_221909337.jpg
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24591 posts
9966 upvotes
Socially Distanced
shamans wrote: I took some really quick last week but not all the models.
Some pics are of the inside.

They basically had super small ones all the way to really big ones. I didn't take pics of the smaller ones (was too small).

Hard to read some item numbers after RFD downsampling.
That is very interesting, thanks.
We have nothing like that selection around here.

I grabbed the 5.1 cu ft chest last week with some help and plan on opening/plugging it in probably tomorrow.
[OP]
Aug 6, 2019
907 posts
1442 upvotes
shamans wrote: Looks to be that way. Still doesn't answer why this is a hot deal.

Why do I think it's a hot deal? Couple of reasons.

1. For some people, who wants an upright at around this size and don't mind picking it up from the store, it's cheaper than other stores. For example, Walmart has similar one (couldn't really find the same model except in other appliances stores who asks for email to provide a quote which I'll get back to you once I receive an answer from them for better comparison) and they offer it for $429 (excluding delivery), as does HD and Lowes has similar one from Frigidaire for $395 for pick up. That's a savings anywhere from $96 to $130, which is pretty good I'd say.

2. As we all know Costco has excellent warranty and return above the level of the stores I mentioned. This alone would add on extra cost if you tried to match it at either Walmart, HD, Lowes or any independent appliance shops.

3. Your saying about posting every single appliances that are cheaper in store, sure you can do that. I posted this specific one because it interested me and I am sure others would find it interested as well. Not everything that gets posted on RFD has to appeal to every single users. Again, of you don't agree with the dealz downvote and move on.
Dec 23, 2010
276 posts
340 upvotes
Toronto
Pingalino wrote: Home depot has a 5.5 ft chest for $189 taxes in (ON). As long as you are OK with paying an extra $100 ish for .5 ft and upright, to each their own. Thanks for posting OP.
You're better off buying the Costco Danby 5.5 chest for $199.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24591 posts
9966 upvotes
Socially Distanced
contactgreg wrote: TY to OP for the effort.
+1
It is useful to me to know that Costco's general "delivery charge" is $100-150 for freezers, even though that was not the original point of posting the deal.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2008
1665 posts
923 upvotes
Vancouver
gizmokrap wrote: Why do I think it's a hot deal? Couple of reasons.

1. For some people, who wants an upright at around this size and don't mind picking it up from the store, it's cheaper than other stores. For example, Walmart has similar one (couldn't really find the same model except in other appliances stores who asks for email to provide a quote which I'll get back to you once I receive an answer from them for better comparison) and they offer it for $429 (excluding delivery), as does HD and Lowes has similar one from Frigidaire for $395 for pick up. That's a savings anywhere from $96 to $130, which is pretty good I'd say.

2. As we all know Costco has excellent warranty and return above the level of the stores I mentioned. This alone would add on extra cost if you tried to match it at either Walmart, HD, Lowes or any independent appliance shops.

3. Your saying about posting every single appliances that are cheaper in store, sure you can do that. I posted this specific one because it interested me and I am sure others would find it interested as well. Not everything that gets posted on RFD has to appeal to every single users. Again, of you don't agree with the dealz downvote and move on.
Yellowpages doesn't care about upvotes or downvotes. And neither do I. Anyone can post anything as long as it has a price tag and isn't expired. There are no limits. Similarly, I can comment on how average they are. There are no limits. I can choose not to downvote and ask "really? This is a deal?"

The discussion is where the true value of a forum is but Yellowpages seem to have created an environment that abhors it. Upvotes for everyone it is.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
24591 posts
9966 upvotes
Socially Distanced
shamans wrote: Yellowpages doesn't care about upvotes or downvotes. And neither do I. Anyone can post anything as long as it has a price tag and isn't expired. There are no limits. Similarly, I can comment on how average they are. There are no limits. I can choose not to downvote and ask "really? This is a deal?"

The discussion is where the true value of a forum is but Yellowpages seem to have created an environment that abhors it. Upvotes for everyone it is.
Some deals i don't consider worthy of posting. I don't go around berating people for them, i just don't click on them.
I have also not posted some deals on Hot Deals because i don't want to deal with the blowback. This means niche deals that some may like don't get reported and thats unfortunate but posting a deal often means people will whine, complain and argue about it. If i am not ready to put up with those types that means those who could benefit lose out.
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2012
3999 posts
3464 upvotes
xtothel wrote: You're better off buying the Costco Danby 5.5 chest for $199.
I'm pretty sure that price expired today... back to regular price now

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)