Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Danby Upright Freezer 6 cu ft $299.99 in store

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2021 12:53 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1599 posts
2639 upvotes

[Costco] Danby Upright Freezer 6 cu ft $299.99 in store

Hey all, I was at Costco to get the GOM in person and spotted this.

Usually it's $449.99 on the website but $150 off in store.

I need an upright freezer like this one but only if I didn't spend my money on buying GOM, 3 WD HDDs and not a small hatchback... Loudly Crying Face

For those who are able to and needs one, you should get one.
Images
  • 20201130_194038.jpg
Last edited by gizmokrap on Dec 1st, 2020 7:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
105 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Do you have a bigger picture (or can zoom in) on the price label? The dimensions are hard to make out because RFD downsamples uploaded images.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
Home depot has a 5.5 ft chest for $189 taxes in (ON). As long as you are OK with paying an extra $100 ish for .5 ft and upright, to each their own. Thanks for posting OP.
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Addict
Dec 6, 2004
1818 posts
1731 upvotes
Good deal for an upright
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Pingalino wrote: Home depot has a 5.5 ft chest for $189 taxes in (ON). As long as you are OK with paying an extra $100 ish for .5 ft and upright, to each their own. Thanks for posting OP.
Upright has its fans.
I actually bought the Danby chest from Costco on Friday, though i had to get a friend to grab it as it would not fit in my subcompact, but to each their own.
Which is why i am curious the dimensions, would this have fit in my car?

Upright uses more electricity, costs more and will need more Tetris-ing of large items but those who prefer it (or can fit it in their car) may go for it. This is $120 cheaper than Costco's website for the same item last time i checked (unless its on sale today).
Feb 14, 2007
102 posts
18 upvotes
$299.99 is the regular price at the store, at least that was what I paid last month when I bought one. Grinning Face
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2017
1096 posts
2400 upvotes
lel
Quentin5 wrote: Which is why i am curious the dimensions, would this have fit in my car?
I dunno, are you feeling lucky?
570x760_smart_fit.jpg

(PS, you could borrow a truck from most Home Depots if you aren't as..... car tetrisy as me)
Virgin $30 for $15 GB
Good toilet paper/paper towel deals
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Pingalino wrote: I dunno, are you feeling lucky?
Very nice. I drive an Echo so even smaller.
But i have carried toilets, vanities, flooring, and hell of a lot more.
(PS, you could borrow a truck from most Home Depots if you aren't as..... car tetrisy as me)
I bought from Costco instead of HD and the 90 mins was not quite feasible for my remoteness.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1599 posts
2639 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Do you have a bigger picture (or can zoom in) on the price label? The dimensions are hard to make out because RFD downsamples uploaded images.
The dimensions are 22.6 x 23.8 x 57.4 and it's most likely for the freezer itself, not the box.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
gizmokrap wrote: The dimensions are 22.6 x 23.8 x 57.4 and it's most likely for the freezer itself, not the box.
Thanks.
For my chest its surprisingly only an inch bigger for the box. I have not unboxed it yet but i assume there is not much foam protecting it Neutral Face
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8347 posts
8888 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Thanks.
For my chest its surprisingly only an inch bigger for the box. I have not unboxed it yet but i assume there is not much foam protecting it Neutral Face
that explains all the complaints about shipping damage!
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32139 posts
15421 upvotes
Socially Distanced
muffin4life wrote: that explains all the complaints about shipping damage!
Indeed, i hope i don't regret opening the box.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8347 posts
8888 upvotes
Quentin5 wrote: Indeed, i hope i don't regret opening the box.
i have the Danby HD freezer shipped to me on the other thread... haven't received it yet but hoping it'll be in good condition! fingers crossed!
Dec 25, 2010
982 posts
359 upvotes
Vancouver
OP, I suggest editing the title -- these are at Costco across the country.

Costco in Surrey is the only location in the Greater Vancouver area that has them in stock currently. There were about six left in Surrey after I bought one tonight. Costco Richmond told me they have 20 on order.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1599 posts
2639 upvotes
Orpheus wrote: OP, I suggest editing the title -- these are at Costco across the country.

Costco in Surrey is the only location in the Greater Vancouver area that has them in stock currently. There were about six left in Surrey after I bought one tonight. Costco Richmond told me they have 20 on order.
Cool wasn't sure if it was location specific deal or not.
Jan 20, 2009
37 posts
18 upvotes
Burnaby
If you are looking for a 5.0 cu ft chest freezer, Home
Depot has a Midea unit for BF sale at $168. Also free shipping.
Images
  • FAFA7E11-3A00-4D3A-A678-B1A3EE5D1C0C.jpeg
Deal Guru
Apr 11, 2006
12388 posts
6570 upvotes
Vaughan
Is Danby reliable as a brand for freezers?

We need a freezer, I'm indifferent as to chest vs upright. Although, for a chest freezer, I would probably stick with something like this size at 6 cu ft. So things don't get easily lost/burried.

For an upright, I might go larger like a 12/13 cu ft. There's a Frigidaire one I saw that is well insulated and sealed, such that if power cuts out, it will be good for two days (assuming you don't open it of course).

Reason for the size disparity, apart from the things getting lost, is also because of the manoeuvrability of them. Upright can be moved down flight of stairs to basement a bit easier for my situation.
Last edited by kenchau on Dec 1st, 2020 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2019
1599 posts
2639 upvotes
kenchau wrote: Is Danby reliable as a brand for freezers?

We need a freezer, I'm indifferent as to chest vs upright. Although, for a chest freezer, I would probably stick with something like this size at 6 cu ft. So things don't get easily lost/burried.

For an upright, I might go larger like a 12/13 cu ft. There's a Frigidaire one I saw that is well insulated and sealed, such that if power cuts out, it will be good for two days (assuming you don't open it of course).
Can't really tell you how reliable or good this brand is but it is a Canadian company with appliances being manufactured from out of the country. Besides, with Costco warranty and maybe the extended warranty, probably shouldn't have to worry too much.
Oct 19, 2004
462 posts
103 upvotes
Just called a Costco in Ontario and they said no store in Costco is stocking these or is expecting any in.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)