Dec 27, 2006
1952 posts
929 upvotes

[Costco] De’Longhi Magnifica S Fully Automatic Espresso and Cappuccino Machine

Updated link here:

https://www.costco.ca/De’Longhi-Magnifi ... 80685.html

3x AeroPlan https://www.costco.ca/aeroplan.html

Model: ECAM23460S

Design your espresso experience in one touch with the De'Longhi Magnifica S Fully Automatic Espresso and Cappuccino machine with One Touch LatteCrema System. Enjoy barista quality espresso drinks: cappuccino, latte, Italian macchiato and more. Designed to deliver the richest, thickest, longest lasting foam, the LatteCrema System includes an integrated milk container with auto-clean function that produces steamed milk for Latte and frothed milk for Cappuccino and Italian Macchiato.

Features:
15-bar pump pressure
Stainless-steel, integrated silent burr grinder with 7 settings
Automatic decalcification system indicator light
Cup shelf
Hot water spout for tea, broth, or hot chocolate
Removable 1.8 L (60 oz.) water tank with water level indicator
Removable used coffee container and drip tray
Height-adjustable coffee spout up to 14 cm (5.5 in.)
Energy-saving switch
Water filtration system
Flavour-savings bean container lid
Cup illumination system
Compact, extractable brew unit self-adjusts for one or two shots of espresso
Customize the settings to ensure your coffee is always just the way you like
Each cup is automatically brewed to the perfect temperature, richness and density
Two separate heating elements
All touch-points are front accessible and easy to reach
Integrated carafe dispenses milk in adjustable levels for taste
Easy-to-use digital display panel
LatteCrema System creates long-lasting foam in every cup
Mugs not included

Specifications:
Dimensions (L × W × H): 23.8 cm × 43 cm × 34 cm (9.4 in. × 16.9 in. × 13.4 in.)
Weight: 12.4 kg (27.4 lb.)
Last edited by Motoss on Feb 18th, 2019 4:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
26 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
1076 posts
1006 upvotes
If this is the model I'm thinking it is, this is regular price at Costco. I've been keeping an eye on it for price drops.
c'mon get happy! :cheesygri
Mar 24, 2016
561 posts
496 upvotes
scarborough
On sale at Linen Chest for same price$999 plus you save an extra 20% off (expires Jan. 17) use code 72SALE for on line
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
1984 posts
324 upvotes
Red Deer
This item is sold at the warehouse (I’ve seen it before for $999) before it was listed online - wonder if it’s less than $999 there now ($899 maybe?).
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2970 posts
1519 upvotes
Calgary
got this machine 3+ years ago for $799.97. been enjoying my espressos' & americanos' ever since so no regrets. easy one button use with minimal maintenance. I like it alot!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1952 posts
929 upvotes
scotsum wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 6:27 pm
got this machine 3+ years ago for $799.97. been enjoying my espressos' & americanos' ever since so no regrets. easy one button use with minimal maintenance. I like it alot!
Thanks for the info - I’m in that’s market for one so this is good to know.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2005
1410 posts
65 upvotes
Calgary
explorer11 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:12 pm
On sale at Linen Chest for same price$999 plus you save an extra 20% off (expires Jan. 17) use code 72SALE for on line
Wait so this code is already expired?
Jan 13, 2008
432 posts
359 upvotes
Thornhill, ON
Rob76 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 5:54 pm
This item is sold at the warehouse (I’ve seen it before for $999) before it was listed online - wonder if it’s less than $999 there now ($899 maybe?).
It's not available at all the warehouses and all the time, but the price is $999 when in stock.
DeLonghi website has it listed for $1899. Crazy I know!
https://www.delonghi.com/en-ca/products ... 0132215292
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2006
1952 posts
929 upvotes
gananoque wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 7:50 pm
It's not available at all the warehouses and all the time, but the price is $999 when in stock.
DeLonghi website has it listed for $1899. Crazy I know!
https://www.delonghi.com/en-ca/products ... 0132215292
Wow - any other suggestions in the 1k price range?
Last edited by Motoss on Feb 16th, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Apr 4, 2017
837 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
Amazon.com has for 499 or 599 used as new. Note says to use ground new beans only.
Apr 4, 2017
837 posts
121 upvotes
Toronto
This or breville machine with grinder?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2970 posts
1519 upvotes
Calgary
ysl5710 wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 9:05 pm
This or breville machine with grinder?
not really a good comparo as this Delonghi is full auto while the Breville is manual (unless u mean Breville the Oracle .... which is in another class). there's really no learning curve at all excepting the grind setting which one will have to play with depending on type of beans.

that said, it wouldnt surprise me if the manual Breville makes just as good (or better) espressos/coffee once one learns the precise settings. the Delonghi is basically a one button operation which while dont seem like much, its a lot 1st thing in the morning (to me atleast).

all in all, for me the pros far outweigh the negs. YMMV ofcos.

ps:for those purchasing this machine (or any other full auto for that matter), try to use light - mid roast beans & stay far far away from dark roast if possible. the oils in the dark roast beans may bung up the brewing group (or something stupid like that).
Jun 14, 2017
192 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
scotsum wrote:
Feb 16th, 2019 10:19 pm
not really a good comparo as this Delonghi is full auto while the Breville is manual (unless u mean Breville the Oracle .... which is in another class). there's really no learning curve at all excepting the grind setting which one will have to play with depending on type of beans.

that said, it wouldnt surprise me if the manual Breville makes just as good (or better) espressos/coffee once one learns the precise settings. the Delonghi is basically a one button operation which while dont seem like much, its a lot 1st thing in the morning (to me atleast).

all in all, for me the pros far outweigh the negs. YMMV ofcos.

ps:for those purchasing this machine (or any other full auto for that matter), try to use light - mid roast beans & stay far far away from dark roast if possible. the oils in the dark roast beans may bung up the brewing group (or something stupid like that).
The best beans for this machine if you are buying them at Costco are the Lavazza. Not oily, taste amazing, don't get stuck.