Expired Hot Deals

Costco

DEAD: Firman 3,300W Gas Powered Inverter Generator W03081 $599 (or 2 for $959, may 29 only)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2022 7:52 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Aug 13, 2016
133 posts
126 upvotes

[Costco] DEAD: Firman 3,300W Gas Powered Inverter Generator W03081 $599 (or 2 for $959, may 29 only)

Amazing generator. No issues for RV A/C

Update: May 28 to 29, 2022, buy 2 generators for $959 (20% off $1000 or more)
Images
  • upload.jpg
Last edited by dealgetter91 on May 30th, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
170 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
3921 posts
3868 upvotes
Muskoka
Great little generator. I have had this model for about 4yrs now. Premium gas, stabilizer. Easy start, relatively quiet.

We used it for power tools, including compressor, during a remote construction build. As stated above, good for RV as well.
Public Mobile
Aug 9, 2010
30 posts
34 upvotes
Ottawa
Oct 27, 2012
43 posts
71 upvotes
Oshawa
I bought this in the summer of 2018 and it now has over 2000 hours. I run it for 5 days straight a couple times a year using a large fuel tank. Buying another as a backup.

Synthetic oil once a year and a spark plug every other year.
Feb 21, 2019
209 posts
398 upvotes
Vancouver
beakdeal wrote: I bought this in the summer of 2018 and it now has over 2000 hours. I run it for 5 days straight a couple times a year using a large fuel tank. Buying another as a backup.

Is it fairly quiet?
Jan 10, 2005
487 posts
213 upvotes
Gadoosh wrote: Is it fairly quiet?
Spec sheet says 58dB.

Standard "loud" generators of this size are around 68dB. Sound is twice as loud for every 3dB. So yes much quieter than a standard open frame generator.
Oct 27, 2012
43 posts
71 upvotes
Oshawa
Yes it is quite quiet. It's tough to hear through a closed window/door when running outside. I'd say it's compairable in volume to an idling modern automobile.
Jun 10, 2020
905 posts
934 upvotes
... if this was the Duel-Fuel model for that price, I'd be so in!! Does that one ever go on-sale? Fuel prices are insane in the North.. Propane is cheaper.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
1599 posts
1786 upvotes
beakdeal wrote: I bought this in the summer of 2018 and it now has over 2000 hours. I run it for 5 days straight a couple times a year using a large fuel tank. Buying another as a backup.

What do you use to hook an external gas tank to it?
Jan 24, 2011
722 posts
535 upvotes
Montreal / Laval
Should I return the 4500/3500W Champion Inverter bought from local Costco for 669$ a week ago and buy this one. 3500 vs 3000 W, 61 vs 58 dB and 95 vs 82 lbs, 212 vs 171 cc. I like the compact size of Fireman.
-------------
Public Mobile Cell + Data: Unlimited talk and text + 2GB - 18$
Zoomer Wireless Cell + Data : Unlimited talk and text + 6 GB - 40$
IVC Internet : 100/30M Videotron cable - 40$
Oct 27, 2012
43 posts
71 upvotes
Oshawa
Cucumference wrote: What do you use to hook an external gas tank to it?
It wasn't as pretty as using an extended run gas cap like the Honda can use because the Firman has a vented gas tank. I just pulled the fuel line off the carb and ran some 1/4" line to a large custom tank.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
5942 posts
3922 upvotes
Victoria
I find it to be loud in that I was contemplating using earmuffs while standing beside it. Weather was about -10 and I ran it just to see if it was still working (left outside under a bbq cover at my parent's). I have the same generator my garage but never run yet. My plan is to build a generator box or wait till a Keter box goes on sale. For a comparison, what I can say is that a Honda 2000i and maybe 7000i are way quieter. I don't remember the specific 7000i model (it could have been a lower power one) but I was walking past it in a park and couldn't believe it was running.
Oct 28, 2019
9 posts
10 upvotes
How often does this go on sale and for this price? After this last power disaster in Ottawa, my wife and I would like to have something small like this but able to run our fridge/freezer or furnace in the winter so we aren't 3 days without power again with a baby or kids when they're older. Just wondering if we can hold off for a few months to make it easier on our budget. While these events are rare, it was bad enough that we now are thinking ahead knowing that extreme weather is going to be more common over time.

also given gas prices we wouldn't run things 24/7, the goal would be keeping the house warm by running the furnace for a bit then closing up tight, keep the fridge/freezer cold for a few hours then stop etc.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6088 posts
2186 upvotes
I'm not entirely familiar with generator specs, is this something I can connect to my home (with the proper installation of course) and power a furnace, fridge, couple lights, etc?
Dec 26, 2008
393 posts
214 upvotes
Ottawa
Maybe someone should organize a group installation/connection to the house electrical panel?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
3116 posts
3138 upvotes
Prince George
game_fanatic wrote: I'm not entirely familiar with generator specs, is this something I can connect to my home (with the proper installation of course) and power a furnace, fridge, couple lights, etc?
Fridge and a couple of lights, yes. Furnace, maybe, if it's 120 volt. This is a 120 volt unit and most generators specced for home backup would be 240 volt.
Oct 28, 2019
9 posts
10 upvotes
It seems as though you can DIY install some relatively simple generator transfer switches to individual things like a furnace very easily. There's a product called EZ-Generator Switch that makes it nearly fool proof. Granted, its almost 200 CAD after the conversion from USD if you order from them, but other transfer switches are much more expensive or not rated for use in Canada.
May 29, 2005
729 posts
254 upvotes
Nepean
Bought this four years ago. I've used it total of 25 hours now...10 hours from this weekend and still going!! I run two fridges, some lights, power banks, modem and router with no problems. In my area in Ottawa, I do not know when I'll be back up and running.

It's pretty noisy but it's doing it's job. For some reason over the last six months all the gasoline evaporated. When I started it this weekend, it took me 10-15 min of pulling for it to start. After running for 4 hours and a refuel, it started on the first pull ever since. Probably old gasoline (I did put fuel stabilizer in the tank) and old oil caused the starting delays. I've since changed the oil. It's been worth it for this disaster already.
Feb 24, 2016
238 posts
266 upvotes
If gas stations have no power it’s not going to help much.
It’s a decent short term power option. Even better if you go camping too.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)