Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 Laptop, i7-8550U,4K,16gb ddr4,256gb SSD ---$1299.97

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2019 1:01 am
[OP]
May 19, 2012
387 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Dell Inspiron 15 7000 2-in-1 Laptop, i7-8550U,4K,16gb ddr4,256gb SSD ---$1299.97

English only laptop, not available in Quebec

Processor and Memory:
8th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-8550U processor
16 GB DDR4

Drives:
256 GB SSD
3-in-1 media card reader
No optical drive

Display and Video Graphics:
15.6 in. 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) IPS Truelife LED backlit touch display
2 GB NVIDIA® GeForce® MX130 graphics

Communication:
Wi-Fi 802.11ac + Bluetooth® 4.2
IR web camera

Keyboard and Pointing Device:
English backlit keyboard
Multi-gesture touchpad
Stylus

Ports:
3 x USB 3.1
1 x USB-C
1 x HDMI
1 x combo microphone/headset jack

Operating System:
Microsoft® Windows® 10 Home

Specifications:
Dimensions (W x D x H): 36.1 cm x 24.4 cm x 1.8 cm (14.2 in. x 9.6 in. x 0.7 in.)
Weight (approximate): 2.2 kg (4.9 lb.)

Warranty:
For Costco members only, Costco extends manufacturer warranty to 2 years from the date of purchase if the manufacturer's warranty is less than 2 years. Click on the Concierge Services icon for details. Concierge Service is offered exclusively to Costco members.
Returns accepted within 90 days from date of purchase

Model: i7573-7019BLK-PUS
Last edited by anshen on Mar 25th, 2019 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Feb 26, 2017
612 posts
426 upvotes
Its so frustrating to shop for laptops in this range and not see TB3. It’s a deal breaker IMO
Jun 24, 2016
564 posts
575 upvotes
Any indication of it's battery life?
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23136 posts
28667 upvotes
Specs are decent, Thunderbolt 3 was mentioned... if it's missing that's a problem. Not a deal killer, but this wasn't hot to begin with.

Warm enough though.

Let's keep the discussion rolling before final judgements are made.
Nov 20, 2015
366 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Damn, I just really want something like this with a full keyboard including number pad at a good price.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
23136 posts
28667 upvotes
themank wrote: Damn, I just really want something like this with a full keyboard including number pad at a good price.
On the bright side, the keyboard is... English. Not some hybridized disaster.
Nov 20, 2015
366 posts
108 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Ain’t that the truth!

I just need the number pad for school, I hate the external ones.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2012
1311 posts
971 upvotes
Note:
Short battery life! (Small battery and 4K screen)
No Thunderbolt 3
On the bright side, english kb
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2003
1983 posts
365 upvotes
Toronto
Omesuri wrote: Any indication of it's battery life?
I have the 14", non touch screen version of this laptop, and the battery last 4 hours for casual web browsing.
Dec 20, 2006
454 posts
267 upvotes
I bought this a month ago through Costco. Thought about posting it here, but wasn't sure if the performance would match the specs so I decided to buy it and see for myself.

The good:
- The 4K screen is gorgeous.
- Windows Hello.
- 16GB ram.
- Performance is snappy.
- Excellent keyboard.
- Lots of ports.
- Versatile 2 in 1 design.
- Dell Active Pen included and it works very well.
- All metal chassis.
- Abyss black colourway looks sharp.

The bad:
- No Thunderbolt.
- The trackpad is okay, but I dislike the rough texture Dell uses as opposed to smooth glass. Coming from a Macbook Pro, it's a step backwards.
- 56 Wh battery with a 4K screen means roughly 5-6 hours of normal usage (web browsing, YouTube, Office apps). Not terrible, but with laptop batteries being what they are, it's only going to get worse.
- It's a bit heavy with the 4K screen digitizer and 2 in 1 design.
- 16:9 screen (I prefer 3:2).
- Typical 'meh' speakers.
- Abyss black colourway looks sharp, but is also a fingerprint magnet.

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 as there were a few bugs and that seemed to solve the issues.

I decided to give the Surface Pro 6 a whirl as well (the package with Surface pen and type cover was on sale at Costco) to see how it compares to this Dell. I'll let them duel it out for a week or so and then return the loser (or both if need be). Thank the maker for Costco's 90 day return period.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 14, 2018
5746 posts
16358 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please!
PC: i9 9900ks, RTX 3060 Ti 8gb, 64gb RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
May 8, 2012
66 posts
41 upvotes
Ottawa
Good find. for the price, general nice screen. video card Mx130 weak but still better than comparable laptops that are thinner and use this ulv type specs with only hd620 video. a viable alternative if you want more video card oomph, one could consider in store purchase of hp envy x360 15", has mx150 with 4 gb ddr5 $1349 in store (2d cad work will be fine). However screen on x360 not as high res nor as good a color gamut range as this dell.
Jun 11, 2018
36 posts
29 upvotes
Omesuri wrote: Any indication of it's battery life?
I have one and its around 4-5 hours of use
May 20, 2004
694 posts
694 upvotes
ryecatcher wrote: I bought this a month ago through Costco. Thought about posting it here, but wasn't sure if the performance would match the specs so I decided to buy it and see for myself.

The good:
- Windows Hello.
- 16GB ram.
- Performance is snappy.
- Excellent keyboard.
- Lots of ports.
- All metal chassis.

The bad:
- No Thunderbolt.
- The trackpad is okay, but I dislike the rough texture Dell uses as opposed to smooth glass. Coming from a Macbook Pro, it's a step backwards.
- 56 Wh battery with a 4K screen means roughly 5-6 hours of normal usage (web browsing, YouTube, Office apps). Not terrible, but with laptop batteries being what they are, it's only going to get worse.

I did a fresh install of Windows 10 as there were a few bugs and that seemed to solve the issues.

I decided to give the Surface Pro 6 a whirl as well (the package with Surface pen and type cover was on sale at Costco) to see how it compares to this Dell. I'll let them duel it out for a week or so and then return the loser (or both if need be). Thank the maker for Costco's 90 day return period.
What price did you pay at that time?

How "hot" is this price?
Dec 20, 2006
454 posts
267 upvotes
bigdaddyyc wrote: What price did you pay at that time?

How "hot" is this price?
Same price it's listed at right now: $1299.97. I noticed the Costco website now labels it a "hot buy".

It's hard to find information on this specific model due to the multiple configurations available, but I think it's a solid price if you're after a 4K screen, lots of ram, and solid build quality in a 15" form factor (not to mention US keyboard).

If it was $1000, it would be pretty hot. I'd say it's warm at this price.

For me, the biggest issue is battery life. On extremely conservative settings, I can eke out around 6.5 hours, but then I feel like I'm not getting the full effect of the technology I've invested in. The 4K screen is a beauty, but I honestly wish it was 1080P so the battery would have a fighting chance.
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2006
2579 posts
992 upvotes
With the video card involved I would say this is a cold deal. I'd expect a 1050ti or similar at this price range. The MX130 is garbage.
Oct 2, 2016
155 posts
420 upvotes
ryecatcher wrote: I bought this a month ago through Costco. Thought about posting it here, but wasn't sure if the performance would match the specs so I decided to buy it and see for myself.

The good:
- Windows Hello.
- 16GB ram.
- Performance is snappy.
- Excellent keyboard.
- Lots of ports.
- All metal chassis.

The bad:
- No Thunderbolt.

How much was the Surface Pro 6?
Dec 20, 2006
454 posts
267 upvotes
coldeals wrote: How much was the Surface Pro 6?
$1494.99 for the i5 with 8 gigs of ram and 256 GB SSD, type cover and pen included. Just got it today. Probably going to return the Dell as SP6 seems to better suit my workflow.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)