Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] De'Longhi 13,500 BTU Portable 3-in-1 Air Conditioner with Whispercool Technology - $100 off, now $499.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 28th, 2019 4:56 am
Feb 26, 2008
442 posts
356 upvotes
Surrey
Chivancouver wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 1:53 pm
How is the quality of delonghi air conditioner? THX
I have one and it's been fine. Quieter but reviewers are right about the dual hose design. I had a dual hose setup as well by Danby and used that in our bedroom. This one I used on the main floor to keep our townhouse cool. I used it briefly in our new place a few years ago and that kept the main floor cool. No issues with it. But I was trying to cool a living room 4 times the size of our town house dining area. Been in storage since getting a central ac put in. I would say if you are looking for one, it is a good choice. I certainly did not regret the purchase. I believe I paid roughly over 500 and that was on sale.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2426 posts
2469 upvotes
Montreal
cbr600 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 2:43 pm
If Dual hose is so much better. Why is all newer models going to single house now? Also hardly any stores carry dual hose anymore
WHY? The usual: $$$ People only look at the sticker price.

And once it's sold, manufacturers don't give a damn it you pay more electricity to get the same cooling.
Sep 3, 2010
104 posts
89 upvotes
cbr600 wrote:
Apr 17th, 2019 2:43 pm
If Dual hose is so much better. Why is all newer models going to single house now? Also hardly any stores carry dual hose anymore
simple, single hose is easier to setup and less fuss. Also, 90% of people won't be have a chance to directly compare dual hose vs single hose units at the same time for long duration of time. For most people, having a portable AC vs NOT having one is already the biggest change and they are happy with that change already. This is just another example of where more perfected and refined technology not favored due to cost and simplicity concern. I DON'T think dual hose is any more troublesome than single hose version. However, i know a lot of people can't deal with portable AC simply due to having to figure out how to mount with the hose properly. Add to that most of the apartment these days have the side swing window now; which NONE Of the portable AC has mounting option, it is a annoyance.
In short, dual hose is better setup, more efficiency; however, single hose is (most of the time?) cheaper, and 1 less hose to deal with :D

I"m waiting for this to go on sale: https://www.costco.ca/Danby-12%2c000-BT ... 80044.html
Anyone has any comment on whether either the De'Longhi or Danby has better "silent" technology?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
2426 posts
2469 upvotes
Montreal
cerealkiller wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 2:10 am
(...)
Anyone has any comment on whether either the De'Longhi or Danby has better "silent" technology?
Beware of any "silent" technologies. Don't count on it. Keep being skeptical.
Try to go listen to it full blast in store. Portable air conditioners are inherently loud because the compressor is inside the house instead of hanging out the window.
May 28, 2017
69 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
Also going to make a recommendation to get a 12,000 BTU or above A/C depending how big your cooling space is.
Test the noise in-store if possible to see if it is bearable. But when the heat kicks in, cooling > noise....

My condo window was also a diagonal push open window which sucks because the mounting kit wont fit.
Instead, I went to HomeDepot and bought a clear acrylic sheet, and cut the mounting frame shape fit to size.
The whole acrylic sheet goes over the window sealed on the side with foam, won't be perfect seal, but keeps cold air in as much as possible to maintain cooler temps inside.
Recommend this approach for anyone looking to DIY for a condo window.
Nov 28, 2016
483 posts
194 upvotes
So should I buy this?
Lurking on RFD for years. Finally decided to make an account...😂
Apr 3, 2006
69 posts
393 upvotes
Markham
tutu22 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 2:51 am
Also going to make a recommendation to get a 12,000 BTU or above A/C depending how big your cooling space is.
Test the noise in-store if possible to see if it is bearable. But when the heat kicks in, cooling > noise....

My condo window was also a diagonal push open window which sucks because the mounting kit wont fit.
Instead, I went to HomeDepot and bought a clear acrylic sheet, and cut the mounting frame shape fit to size.
The whole acrylic sheet goes over the window sealed on the side with foam, won't be perfect seal, but keeps cold air in as much as possible to maintain cooler temps inside.
Recommend this approach for anyone looking to DIY for a condo window.
Does Home Depot cut the sheet and holes for you?
May 28, 2017
69 posts
57 upvotes
Vancouver
owchan wrote:
Apr 19th, 2019 2:41 pm
Does Home Depot cut the sheet and holes for you?
No they didn't, they don't cut acrylic. I bought an acrylic knife for like $10 and had to score the acrylic to do it myself.
Took an hour to score and then pop out the shape. easy.