Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

DeWalt 45-cm (18″) Industrial Drum Fan $67.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 26th, 2021 11:26 am
[OP]
Dec 13, 2018
193 posts
179 upvotes

[Costco] DeWalt 45-cm (18″) Industrial Drum Fan $67.99

Found this at my local BC Costco. Great deal if you're in the market for a drum fan.

DeWalt DXF1840 puts out over 4,200 cubic feet per minute of airflow. It includes a 1.8 m (6′) grounded power cord and a large carrying handle that doubles as a cord wrap.
Images
  • 588432F2-8BBE-4C51-AF93-BC0790B14133.jpeg
  • B5F3E3AC-8E91-4517-B7A0-EA97DE480680.png
51 replies
Feb 25, 2003
546 posts
328 upvotes
Vancouver
Which location? As of last week, Port Coquitlam didn't have any. Been waiting for it since I saw it in the flyer booklet...
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6197 posts
737 upvotes
Vancouver
vancitydude wrote: Which location? As of last week, Port Coquitlam didn't have any. Been waiting for it since I saw it in the flyer booklet...
What flyer booklet are you talking about?

Is this ideal for household use?
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5196 posts
4947 upvotes
GTA
dreamsite wrote: Not for Ontarians Pensive Face
Why not? Current lock down will end right after Thanksgiving weekend, so for Christmas this fan is perfect stocking stuffer.
Dec 21, 2019
36 posts
47 upvotes
vancitydude wrote: Which location? As of last week, Port Coquitlam didn't have any. Been waiting for it since I saw it in the flyer booklet...
Richmond
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5971 posts
5834 upvotes
BC
jtcb wrote:
Is this ideal for household use?
Usually these types of fans are intended to be used in more of an industrial setting - move maximum amounts of air with minimal concern about motor noise.
Jan 14, 2017
712 posts
400 upvotes
dreamsite wrote: Not for Ontarians Pensive Face
I'm quite happy a person decides when and what I can and cannot buy. A lot less thinking involved. Of course other places don't have this luxury.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 26, 2009
5196 posts
4947 upvotes
GTA
Jon Lai wrote: In case you missed the OP, the sale ends May 30.
That's ok, we will be happy to buy at regular price too.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4324 posts
3472 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
dealisdead wrote: I'm quite happy a person decides when and what I can and cannot buy. A lot less thinking involved. Of course other places don't have this luxury.
It's forced savings!
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3149 posts
992 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this 18in fan made exclusively for Costco? Goggle did not find anyone else selling this. Most industrial fans are 20in or greater.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
1686 posts
2298 upvotes
Lived in Asia most of my life and I had a smaller version of this in my bedroom. Noise was the least of my worries trying to sleep without air conditioning in up to 85% humidity. 🥵🥵🥵
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18501 posts
13294 upvotes
Markham
yvrwindsor wrote: Is this 18in fan made exclusively for Costco? Goggle did not find anyone else selling this. Most industrial fans are 20in or greater.
Princess auto has these and other sizes. I have the 18"one, think I paid around $30 on sale b4. 8"one is $20 on sale.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/searchr ... ype=search
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2007
1094 posts
1485 upvotes
Montr
gr8dlr wrote: Princess auto has these and other sizes. I have the 18"one, think I paid around $30 on sale b4. 8"one is $20 on sale.

https://www.princessauto.com/en/searchr ... ype=search
You can't compare no name fans with this one. At least compare with similar CFM. I bought a small at princessauto and i couldn't even feel the air 12 inches away from away. They told me to keep it for free after I sent them an email.

Like the previous post, I couldn't find any info about the DeWalt. Looks like an exclusive product.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18501 posts
13294 upvotes
Markham
frederixx wrote: You can't compare no name fans with this one. At least compare with similar CFM. I bought a small at princessauto and i couldn't even feel the air 12 inches away from away. They told me to keep it for free after I sent them an email.

Like the previous post, I couldn't find any info about the DeWalt. Looks like an exclusive product.
Maybe if we were discussing a drill or a saw, I'd say yes the Dewalt would be not comparable, but this is a fan which is probably just Dewalt branded (ie Dewalt is not known for fans) and I can assure you the 18" fan I bought at Princess Auto is good. In this case, don't trust that the brand has significance. I can't compare the CFM because PA site has a broken link.

Dewalt making an exclusive product for Costco is more evidence this is not a true Dewalt worthy type product...this product is not on Dewalt's website. They bought a badge/name basically.

I don't know about the small fan (how big?) but you realize that a few inches in diameter is a massive difference when it comes to fans. And why even bring up a small fan from PA as a discussion point?
Last edited by gr8dlr on May 16th, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12262 posts
6058 upvotes
Oh dewalt now at costco. Wonder if its a dewalt or like there snapon stuff made by a third party with the snap on branding?
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
4233 posts
3062 upvotes
Montreal
Probably third party, all the Dewalt bags/holsters are just rebranded CLC.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 22, 2008
5971 posts
5834 upvotes
BC
jzmtl wrote: Probably third party, all the Dewalt bags/holsters are just rebranded CLC.
Maybe, but those things don't have motors like fans and other dewalt tools do.