Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Digital piano Casio PX160 bundle 88 keys hammer action w/ stand/pedals/bench - sold-out online, $450 in store($150 off)

[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2008
914 posts
1216 upvotes
BC

[Costco] Digital piano Casio PX160 bundle 88 keys hammer action w/ stand/pedals/bench - sold-out online, $450 in store($150 off)

Edit 2 (April 15): looks like it's sold-out online. If interested, you'll have to check your local store for stock.

The PX160 is on sale once again, $50 less than last time. No expiry date listed, and not sure what the price is in-store.

Here is the previous thread from Sept 2017
https://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco- ... f-2126569/

Edit: confirmed by doremix13 that it's $450 in at least one Costco location - likely the same at every store.
Last edited by brghunter on Apr 12th, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
64 replies
Newbie
Apr 11, 2018
3 posts
25 upvotes
I got one of these for $600 at Costco for my daughters and they live it. I’m not a player so i cant comment on that but they do sound great. 499 is an excelent deal in my opinion.
Newbie
Aug 2, 2013
70 posts
49 upvotes
Abbotsford
Darn, was waiting for a sale like this for months but got inpatient and bought the CDP230 for the same price months ago. Oh well, thanks anyway. For anyone wondering, the keys on the PX160 definitely feel and look more premium than the current CDP235 (Costco’s most inexpensive model). Can’t comment on sound unfortunately since local Costco didn’t have it near an outlet.
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2010
108 posts
116 upvotes
Thanks OP!

Funny thing, I just bought this yesterday for a friend (who doesn't have Costco membership), will need to get price adjustment lol (it's a friend, so I'm not gonna pocket the difference, that's just how I roll, he will owe me a decent meal though).

Might mean new model PX-170 around the corner, but I doubt there will be major improvement, since the flagship PX-870 appears to have same touch/action.

If anyone is considering a budget $500-1000 range or less fully-weighted, 88 key digital piano, this is easily the best value, and it is actually a very good digital piano.

I would compare it to $1000~ DP's from the biggest brand names (Yamaha, Roland, Kawai).

PX-160 has the same sound sampling technologies, and touch/action as the latest flagship PX-870, just less instruments, features, and polyphony (128).

Edit: FYI, I own a PX-160, it is my backup/portable/leave-at-work slab, I paid more just for the slab when it was on sale for $500 on Amazon.

Edit #2: Can confirm after calling Costco Willingdon, that it is $599.99 - $150 instant rebate, so $450 in-store. Item #661160.

Gawdamnz that's a good deal.

Cheers,
[OP]
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 2, 2008
914 posts
1216 upvotes
BC
doremix13 wrote: Edit #2: Can confirm after calling Costco Willingdon, that it is $599.99 - $150 instant rebate, so $450 in-store. Item #661160.
Thanks, added to title & OP.
Sr. Member
Jun 18, 2008
574 posts
75 upvotes
Montreal
Do you think the box will fit in the backseat of a Honda Civic? Thanks!
doremix13 wrote: Thanks OP!

Funny thing, I just bought this yesterday for a friend (who doesn't have Costco membership), will need to get price adjustment lol (it's a friend, so I'm not gonna pocket the difference, that's just how I roll, he will owe me a decent meal though).

Might mean new model PX-170 around the corner, but I doubt there will be major improvement, since the flagship PX-870 appears to have same touch/action.

If anyone is considering a budget $500-1000 range or less fully-weighted, 88 key digital piano, this is easily the best value, and it is actually a very good digital piano.

I would compare it to $1000~ DP's from the biggest brand names (Yamaha, Roland, Kawai).

PX-160 has the same sound sampling technologies, and touch/action as the latest flagship PX-870, just less instruments, features, and polyphony (128).

Edit: FYI, I own a PX-160, it is my backup/portable/leave-at-work slab, I paid more just for the slab when it was on sale for $500 on Amazon.

Edit #2: Can confirm after calling Costco Willingdon, that it is $599.99 - $150 instant rebate, so $450 in-store. Item #661160.

Gawdamnz that's a good deal.

Cheers,
Newbie
User avatar
Apr 11, 2018
17 posts
32 upvotes
Thanks!

Picked one up earlier today.

@chex Box dimensions are approximately 13.5"d x 23"w x 58"l. I was able to get it in the trunk of my Impreza with about a foot sticking out. Tied it down, but probably didn't need to since the box weighs almost 100lbs.

Looking forward to using it tomorrow!
Last edited by Eric90457 on Apr 12th, 2018 9:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Member
Aug 14, 2009
289 posts
208 upvotes
I have the PX350; bought cuz it's super portable for an 88 key and has decent action. Big selling feature that this PX160 also shares is MIDI via USB. This means you can plug into even the most bog standard Mac and via Garageband, Logic, Mainstage (or whatever other DAW/performance software you prefer, REAPER is great, has a PC version and a free trial) have much better samples/sounds. This looks like a great deal.
Last edited by trendless on Apr 13th, 2018 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Aug 10, 2009
78 posts
54 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Thanks OP and doremix13, I've been looking to buy an entry level piano for my son! Gonna go to Costco Willingdon tomorrow and pick one up, hopefully they still have plenty in stock
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2014
1357 posts
377 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
guojiaqi666 wrote: How’s this comparing with Yamaha P115?
what's advantage of px-860 over this one?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 28, 2006
10387 posts
1673 upvotes
Hi Doremix13, did you try Yamaha P115 or DGX660?
doremix13 wrote: Thanks OP!

Funny thing, I just bought this yesterday for a friend (who doesn't have Costco membership), will need to get price adjustment lol (it's a friend, so I'm not gonna pocket the difference, that's just how I roll, he will owe me a decent meal though).

Might mean new model PX-170 around the corner, but I doubt there will be major improvement, since the flagship PX-870 appears to have same touch/action.

If anyone is considering a budget $500-1000 range or less fully-weighted, 88 key digital piano, this is easily the best value, and it is actually a very good digital piano.

I would compare it to $1000~ DP's from the biggest brand names (Yamaha, Roland, Kawai).

PX-160 has the same sound sampling technologies, and touch/action as the latest flagship PX-870, just less instruments, features, and polyphony (128).

Edit: FYI, I own a PX-160, it is my backup/portable/leave-at-work slab, I paid more just for the slab when it was on sale for $500 on Amazon.

Edit #2: Can confirm after calling Costco Willingdon, that it is $599.99 - $150 instant rebate, so $450 in-store. Item #661160.

Gawdamnz that's a good deal.

Cheers,
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2006
3638 posts
299 upvotes
do the keys on this light up to help with learning?
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2010
108 posts
116 upvotes
chex wrote: Do you think the box will fit in the backseat of a Honda Civic? Thanks!
It might fit into a civic... depends though. Worst case, you probably can't fit anyone besides driver in the car.

I just fit this into my friend's corolla (latest model), it had to go in through rear seat- driver side, and over through the front passenger seat (folded all the way back).

It's easier to open up the box, and separate the smaller/long boxes, will fit no problem that way through the trunk with rear seats folded down.

Good luck!
Jr. Member
Aug 31, 2010
108 posts
116 upvotes
guojiaqi666 wrote: How’s this comparing with Yamaha P115?
P115 is good, much more expensive though, and rarely goes on sale, it has more polyphony (192 vs 128, if you care enough).

It also does not have matte ivory/ebony textured keys as does the PX160 (albeit not as super nice as more expensive DP's), it does have matte black keys.

I like the Yamaha concert grand sound sample from the P115, Casio is known for using Steinway concert grands as their sound sampling source (cannot advertise it though).

Both are don't have 5-pin MIDI, just MIDI USB.

If I was gonna spend extra money on just one Digital Piano, and was considering the Yamaha P115, I'd go a little bit further and grab the Kawai ES110 for $1000.

Yamaha P45 is not in consideration and does not compete, after swapping out with my PX160 for a few weeks, my friend sold his so that he could get one.

This PX160 is a steal of a deal/value, and works great as my backup/secondary.

My main DP costs 5 x as much, so not gonna compare it.

Top