Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

DJI Mavic Mini bundle $499

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2020 1:54 pm
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
rebel_rfd wrote: Nice!

But the Mini 2 brings a lot so far without its official reveal.
4K30 recording.
Longer battery run time.
Ocusync
New Controller from Mavic Air 2 series
We're just waiting for confirmation on the camera modes now.

Does ocusync mean that you can just buy the fpv headset and it's plug and play FPV? Cause that's what I'm looking for. Just a way to feel like flying around
Apr 26, 2019
580 posts
748 upvotes
Solarisphere wrote: Of the ones you listed, only the National Park rule applies to this drone (provincial parks as well; I'm not sure about municipal/regional). The rest are good guidelines to flying responsibly but it's not illegal to fly a Mavic Mini above 400ft, at night, or over people as long as you're not being reckless.

With a sub 250g drone you don't need to break any rules to fly it because most of the rules don't apply to them. Don't harrass wildlife, fly in parks, or close to airports, etc. and you won't be breaking any rules.

Every time there's a deal on the Mavic Mini there are a ton of people who are interested in getting one but aren't sure what the rules are or if/where they're allowed to fly. Then there's a bunch of people who don't fully understand the rules who tell everyone not to buy it because it's illegal to fly in the city. It wouldn't be a good deal if you're not able to use it, and I'm saying you can use it and that it's a good product.

You might not have a problem breaking the law to fly but for many people that changes whether it's worth buying one.
I was following this thread back in August, and after spending a bunch of time reading the confusing comments up until that point that seemed to conflict with what I was reading online I gave up. Just came back to the thread and the information posted by you and Messerschmitt have been a tremendous help. Just thought I would let you know that your interjection had the exact effect you wanted it to have on at least one person (and probably many more.)
Dec 30, 2011
19 posts
15 upvotes
WINDSOR
Not sure if this is allowed, please delete if it's not.

I am selling mine for $500 firm. Located in DT Toronto.
It is the entire FlyMore combo, complete with box, manuals and some stickers still on some of the pieces.
I have owned it for about 6 weeks now and have unused DJI Care Refresh with it. So you will get 2 cheap replacements in case of pilot error for the next 10+ months.
I absolutely love it and recommend it to everyone, but I upgraded to the Mavic Air 2, and haven't used it much since. I also am considering buying the Mini 2 when it comes out, but for now am very happy with the Air 2 (also strongly recommend it).

Message me if interested
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
Mavic Mini 2 announced.

better range, 4K video, more flight modes are the major improvements. Price seems to have gone up $50USD.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2012
2184 posts
1415 upvotes
Sask
warpdrive wrote: Mavic Mini 2 announced.

better range, 4K video, more flight modes are the major improvements. Price seems to have gone up $50USD.
Should be some good deals on mini 1 come black Friday.
Dec 22, 2001
942 posts
199 upvotes
ced2334 wrote: Should be some good deals on mini 1 come black Friday.
Here's hoping!!
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2007
2674 posts
972 upvotes
Montreal
Christian88 wrote: Not sure if this is allowed, please delete if it's not.

I am selling mine for $500 firm. Located in DT Toronto.
It is the entire FlyMore combo, complete with box, manuals and some stickers still on some of the pieces.
I have owned it for about 6 weeks now and have unused DJI Care Refresh with it. So you will get 2 cheap replacements in case of pilot error for the next 10+ months.
I absolutely love it and recommend it to everyone, but I upgraded to the Mavic Air 2, and haven't used it much since. I also am considering buying the Mini 2 when it comes out, but for now am very happy with the Air 2 (also strongly recommend it).

Message me if interested
Put your sale in BST forum, not here
Mar 7, 2008
23 posts
1 upvote
Costco has the DJI Mavic Mini Bundle in Ottawa for regular price for $479.99
But with the updated features of the Mini 2, this is the way to go for me glad I waited for the Mini2.
I’m hoping for some sort of deal to appear between now and Boxing Day.
Images
  • 36C9D4FE-E80C-43C2-85E8-7849FFE13AF7.jpeg
  • 6A20DEB2-66F9-4F5D-B302-FF37E16F756C.jpeg
  • 7F7CB98F-ED6B-4DA4-A257-71147E72FBE7.jpeg
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
Psyclist wrote: student beans discount gives 10% off as well
Will this work on the Mini 2 ? It's time I went back to school.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Dec 15, 2010
20 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
chrisevans wrote: This thing is insane. Being unable to travel, this gave me a little bit of that airplane magic I crave. Even with the Mini 2 being released in the next week, I feel like I got my moneys-worth after 2 flights on this thing.

How were you allowed to fly in vancouver? yet in a city setting above cars? The whole Vancouver is a no fly zone.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2004
3279 posts
1272 upvotes
Montreal
pauldryan wrote: Will this work on the Mini 2 ? It's time I went back to school.
Nope its not eligible.
| Intel I7 9700K | Asus Z390-E Gaming | Kingston HX426C13PB3k2/32 @ 2666mhz | Asus Strix RTX 2080 Super | 970 Evo Plus 500gb NVMe | Seasonic 750PX | Define R6 USB-C | H115I Pro | Klipsch R-41PM | Dell U3818DW | Logitech Craft | Logitech MX Master 3S |
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
vanphotog wrote: How were you allowed to fly in vancouver? yet in a city setting above cars? The whole Vancouver is a no fly zone.
Drones under 250g are not impacted by the "no fly" regulations. That's the entire point of this class of drones.
yadda, yadda, yadda
Feb 3, 2015
1 posts
Ottawa, ON
Hi Just wondering if Costco in Kanata (my location) or any Costco for that matter, has the new Dji Mini 2. Thanks
Dec 15, 2010
20 posts
13 upvotes
Vancouver
pauldryan wrote: Drones under 250g are not impacted by the "no fly" regulations. That's the entire point of this class of drones.
You also have to follow the drone regulations even for microdrones users. You can't just fly wherever you want to.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2004
2144 posts
878 upvotes
Ottawa
vanphotog wrote: You also have to follow the drone regulations even for microdrones users. You can't just fly wherever you want to.
... and which "drone regulations" would that be that apparently prohibit flying an <250 g 'mini-drone' from flying anywhere in Vancouver?
yadda, yadda, yadda
Mar 7, 2008
23 posts
1 upvote
cwkennedy2015 wrote: Hi Just wondering if Costco in Kanata (my location) or any Costco for that matter, has the new Dji Mini 2. Thanks
No they do not. Only the Mavic mini 1 with the Costco specific extras for $479.. If you do also to happen to see or hear that it (The DJI Mavic Mini 2) is in any Ottawa location please post. This drone I think will be very popular this year.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)