Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

DJI Mini 2 - $399.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 6th, 2023 5:58 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2021
1122 posts
1176 upvotes
Why does this (now) $600 quadcopter have an 8 cent eco fee? That pushes it over my budget.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
For someone coming from an original Mini, is this worth the upgrade? I was thinking I’d hold off for a deal on a 3. I don’t use it very much but do like the pics u get at the cottage with it. BTW - these are also great for roof investigations.
May 10, 2023
15 posts
36 upvotes
This seems to be OOS everywhere in Ontario. They were getting rid of their last stock to make way for the 2SE.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2003
1069 posts
368 upvotes
GTA
Rdumont99 wrote:
  • Obstacle detection & the abilities it enables like "follow me" and "Mastershots"
  • Larger aperture / night vision
  • Oculus 3.0 vs 2.0 (higher-res and stronger transmission to controller)
The Mini 3 (non-pro) has the camera of the Mini 3 Pro and the processing capabilities of the Mini 2. It's a good balance for those who want the larger aperture, vertical shooting, etc.

I'd say if you want stills, go Mini 3. If you want video, the Mini 2 should be fine, especially if paired with Litchi (3rd-party piloting software that allows waypoints, follow-me, etc.). If you want the best video and photo capabilities in a micro drone on the market that's able to avoid obstacles IF YOU FLY IT RIGHT* then Mini 3 Pro. It's overkill for most, the Mini 2 will get you amazing drone footage. Good comparison here:
https://www.dpreview.com/articles/47616 ... ht-for-you

* I crashed my Mini 3 Pro into a tree branch while inspecting my MIL's roof - was trying to edge it sideways and didn't have a great connection and the drone scooted instead. The sensor detection only really works when flying forward and backward, not when strafing sideways. The drone actually managed to right itself and remain flying, stopping about 4' above a concrete retaining wall. I was super impressed.
Thanks for the info, I'll checkout "Litchi" not sure $33 is worth it right now, I have to get some more flight time in.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
4278 posts
3753 upvotes
lieutenantdan wrote: This seems to be OOS everywhere in Ontario. They were getting rid of their last stock to make way for the 2SE.
I did find 2 cartons at costco woodbridge, but didn't bother buying/checking to see if it was in the back. I just didn't think it's enough of an upgrade over the original mini so I passed.
Mar 3, 2015
347 posts
937 upvotes
Vancouver
razrsharp wrote: For someone coming from an original Mini, is this worth the upgrade? I was thinking I’d hold off for a deal on a 3. I don’t use it very much but do like the pics u get at the cottage with it. BTW - these are also great for roof investigations.
Yes, for the range difference. That's a gamechanger.

Shooting RAW, too, if that's your thing. The SOC stills are ok but you can make art if you edit RAWs well.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2009
1123 posts
721 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Since the mini 3 came out every single time I go into Costco I check this product hoping it will go on clearance and it never did until now. Took quite a while.

Of course I'm away this week so couldn't see the deal...
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1567 posts
907 upvotes
Near GTA
Believe you will need a license once using this for a business purpose/making money. With other added stipulations too
Oct 30, 2005
674 posts
882 upvotes
Montreal
LLawliet wrote: Does Costco price match? I bought it on 24th Feb for 499
30 days if price changes / 14 days if coupon discount
Jun 5, 2021
528 posts
502 upvotes
BNIB mini 3 pro w/ smart RC. P M if interested.
Oct 25, 2006
25 posts
16 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any decent FPV drone can quite literally fly circles around birds, just youtube to see this
Mar 7, 2011
16 posts
9 upvotes
Vancouver
Grabbed one at Port Coquitlam BC Costco yesterday. Thanks OP!
Mar 3, 2015
347 posts
937 upvotes
Vancouver
chrischris84 wrote: Believe you will need a license once using this for a business purpose/making money. With other added stipulations too
Not according to federal law, but your muni may have a requirement for a business license. Please everyone, take 10 seconds to google things you think you may have heard once before misleading everyone.

https://tc.canada.ca/en/aviation/drone- ... cro-drones
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2009
10168 posts
8298 upvotes
Toronto
Dash wrote: Not sure if many people were able to get this. Looks to be OOS
Yup - bummer.

I've been meaning to pop my drone cherry, and would have totally nibbled on this. Have never owned, nor have i ever tried. Alas....
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2004
16012 posts
7476 upvotes
RFD
chrischris84 wrote: Believe you will need a license once using this for a business purpose/making money. With other added stipulations too
Well to be fair that is the cost of doing business
Feb 27, 2016
271 posts
188 upvotes
roastpuff wrote: The Mini 3 Pro has more features, but outside of that crazy London Drugs sale is about 2.5x the price.

Any drone larger than 250g has significantly more restrictions on flying etc. The DJI Mini series is the best microdrone series available in terms of community support too.
What was the crazy London Drugs sale ? Looking for the mini 3 but not in a hurry. I plan to use it for social media mainly so the vertical filming feature is awesome.
Feb 17, 2017
75 posts
46 upvotes
I bought the DJI Mavic Pro in 2016, never used it. Is this mini 2 easier to fly? Is it a worthwhile upgrade?
Jul 5, 2017
316 posts
361 upvotes
I have the original mavic air I bought in 2018 and still keep flying frequently. I do have a basic license and my drone is registered. The most important rule to follow is to not fly over people you don't know and near an airport. Most DJI drones don't event take off anyway within airport range. You cannot take off from a national/prov park, but you can fly over it but not land in it. Also when you buy a micro drone, watch out for windy days or you may never see your drone again.
Jun 5, 2021
528 posts
502 upvotes
wardaddy wrote: I have the original mavic air I bought in 2018 and still keep flying frequently. I do have a basic license and my drone is registered. The most important rule to follow is to not fly over people you don't know and near an airport. Most DJI drones don't event take off anyway within airport range. You cannot take off from a national/prov park, but you can fly over it but not land in it. Also when you buy a micro drone, watch out for windy days or you may never see your drone again.
can you share basic license details? website? prep required? any dumps? TIA.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)