• Dec 14th, 2010 7:59 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
44 posts
10 upvotes

Costco DL DVDs?

I remember Costco used to have TDK DL DVDs for a very good price. I have searched 3 locations and can't seem to find them. The sales people didn't even know what dual layer meant. Have they stopped carrying them?
12 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2010
6061 posts
594 upvotes
SW Ontario
vin200 wrote: I remember Costco used to have TDK DL DVDs for a very good price. I have searched 3 locations and can't seem to find them. The sales people didn't even know what dual layer meant. Have they stopped carrying them?

I just saw them today at the Costco here, I think like $24-$29, I don't remember, I wasn't really looking, but there were quite a few here. I could be way off, but I recall reading that they don't carry the seperate + or - ones, but they are +/- now..?? I might be totally out to lunch on that now.. but it's a big spindle.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1223 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
I was looking for my receipt.... couldn't find it but I remember it was $29.99 +tax. 50 pack.

Picked it up at the heartland location. TDK DL's.
[OP]
Oct 11, 2006
44 posts
10 upvotes
Scott84 wrote: I was looking for my receipt.... couldn't find it but I remember it was $29.99 +tax. 50 pack.

Picked it up at the heartland location. TDK DL's.

Really? I was just there yesterday and couldn't find them anywhere. The service staff didn't know either. I guess I'll check again.
Aug 27, 2008
405 posts
98 upvotes
Mississauga
I was at Heartland Costco yesterday. Didn't see any DL discs, only the regular DVDR.

If I recall, couple months ago there was another thread and users mentioned that they had discontinued carrying the DL discs.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2004
6935 posts
81 upvotes
The TDK's are great from Costco and I'll be sad if they discontinue them. They're a perfect, much cheaper alternative to Verbatims for a chipped 360.
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2008
2740 posts
365 upvotes
Newmarket
flashy_mcflash wrote: The TDK's are great from Costco and I'll be sad if they discontinue them. They're a perfect, much cheaper alternative to Verbatims for a chipped 360.

Ive used all sorts of brands and they all work with my hacked 360.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2008
1241 posts
41 upvotes
Markham
I was in the same situation, can't find a sale on dl's cds for my xbox...
I ended up picking up a pack of 25 memorex at staples for $23, I never had a problem burning games with them.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
8577 posts
1517 upvotes
I was at Costco in Ajax last night. No TDK DL dvd's. Just the regular ones.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2006
1223 posts
59 upvotes
Mississauga
I picked mine up a few weeks ago, they had a couple left. thats about it. They used to be $39 when they first came in a year or two ago, then it dropped to $29..... thats too bad if they dont have it anymore.
Banned
Apr 22, 2010
30 posts
toronto
Has anyone seen any BDR (blu-ray) at costco...or anywhere other then FS and BB where they are about $7-10 each?
I know they are more then DVD but hopefully they can be found for less the FS or BB.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2003
1555 posts
53 upvotes
Scarborough
vr6man25 wrote: what are good dl, and regular dvd brand to buy?
what prices are good?

can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find info for the best brands of dvd, dvd dl.

thanks