Costco

DLink Wi-Fi Water Sensor DCH-S161 2 pack $59.97 YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 23rd, 2022 8:42 am
Feb 25, 2013
56 posts
20 upvotes
Saint-Pascal
jasonchewy wrote: I've never encountered this problem. So you're saying if you walk outside your home with your phone, the alerts will only come via email??
I'm using this one, in case we're talking about different things:
https://www.amazon.ca/Honeywell-RCHW361 ... B01HBZQYYC
I constantly get this error https://www.honeywellhome.com/us/en/sup ... -settings/

I never got an alert on my phone from that app they only go to email. I bought one honey well for $80 I find them too expensive and the app to be terrible. I'm looking at other type of sensors that can also close my main water line if they detect water.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2011
43784 posts
7466 upvotes
MFA/2FA can be enabled? How secure is the device?
Blanka
Mar 5, 2018
192 posts
175 upvotes
Are u taking about the dlinks? Last I checked this newer version didn't have an integration with home assistant? Sorry late to the party and just saw this.
Sep 1, 2006
309 posts
135 upvotes
Newmarket
av10000 wrote: I've had one for two years and I am happy with it. It works well. My main grief is that three times I found I've been logged off from the app,
and then obviously notifications don't work. Now I need to remind myself to open the app and ensure it is still logged in.
This seems to make the product worthless. Just set a phone alert weekly to check for water instead.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3090 posts
2107 upvotes
You know what I'm gonna get this for my cottage rental. We have a 2 person jacuzzi tub and I swear people are overloading it with 3-4 peeps treating it like a hot tub. Throw this water sensor alarm under it if they start spilling all over place...
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
16744 posts
11489 upvotes
Markham
razrsharp wrote: You know what I'm gonna get this for my cottage rental. We have a 2 person jacuzzi tub and I swear people are overloading it with 3-4 peeps treating it like a hot tub. Throw this water sensor alarm under it if they start spilling all over place...
Do you plan on going up there when or if it goes off...and they don't answer the phone because they're busy?
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Aug 30, 2007
166 posts
38 upvotes
Did anybody find the d-link wi-fi sensor in GTA?
Oct 22, 2007
582 posts
701 upvotes
I have this exact model. Got them a few years ago after a neighbours water pipe exploded in his basement and I realized given that I rarely ever go to my basement, I'd prob go weeks before knowing there was a leak....anyway, a month ago I get home from the gym and get an alert that water was detected....go downstairs and low and behold the tankless water heater is passing water everywhere. Got to it right before the water got far enough to damage all the stuff I have stored down there. That $39 investment saved me thousands of dollars in damages and headache.
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2008
3090 posts
2107 upvotes
gr8dlr wrote: Do you plan on going up there when or if it goes off...and they don't answer the phone because they're busy?
Any damage caused and you take security deposits back from them (or go through Airbnb, etc.). Without knowing at all, you'll probably never check until there is a problem.
And yeah, if a renter really pisses me off, I'll pay them a visit. Never had an issue with that.
May 10, 2006
134 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
Just got these but I'm going to return them. I didn't realize there's no SmartThings integration which kind of makes them less useful in my opinion.
Dec 3, 2019
94 posts
118 upvotes
whileheavenwept wrote: Just got these but I'm going to return them. I didn't realize there's no SmartThings integration which kind of makes them less useful in my opinion.
Where did you find these in Toronto? I checked and could not find them in my local.
Sep 7, 2006
119 posts
20 upvotes
Let me know which store you tried. I will check some out tomorrow to see which one has it in GTA.
May 10, 2006
134 posts
259 upvotes
Toronto
davisml wrote: Where did you find these in Toronto? I checked and could not find them in my local.
Oh sorry, I found them at the Brampton location on Steeles. They had a whole whack of them yesterday at about 2pm. Probably about 100 of them.