Expired Hot Deals

Costco

DoorDash $100 e-giftcard for $84.99

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 15th, 2021 5:34 am
Jul 25, 2021
23 posts
43 upvotes
mrelusive wrote: For those that have DD credits and DashPass through the RBC promo, are you able to use the DashPass benefits if you pay for your order with DD credits?
Also wondering this before ordering
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2009
3108 posts
2983 upvotes
Montreal
Nice it cover tips for 5 orders
Oct 14, 2015
274 posts
215 upvotes
Toronto
topkekbro wrote: how long does it take to receive the code?
Got it 4 mins after the order.

AND
It IS working with the RBC dashpass offer - the delivery fee and taxes are $0 and reduced.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1045 posts
1214 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: DD kinda sucks compared to UE. I hope they bring the UE gift card deal back.
Highly depends on your area. Without specifying it, kinda a moot comment.

In Kitchener/Waterloo, DD is VASTLY superior to ubereats. I used both way too much the last couple years. DD has far more restaurants, including 95% of the ones uber eats has, and in 90%+ of cases, lower prices.

In terms of overall selection, Skip is best here though. But lacks the frequent discounts or membership pass.

Plus in terms of raw details, dashpass vastly superior to uber eats pass. eg:
Eatspass lies to you, does not offer free delivery. It charges teh full delivery price + tax on it, than discount's on the base, thus you pay the tax on delivery, not free - truly free on DD.
Likewise hte do called "5% discount" doesn't discount anything, it erases 5% of the service fee.
Doordash service fee's are variable, thsu can be higher than uber eats or lower without the pass, with the pass, you are locked into 5% service fees - and that's a true discount , no bs tax.

Also Dashpass is available for 1+ year for free if you get a chase sapphire, or some other chase credit cards. Ubereats for the same requires the US platinum card, quite a higher fee, and not sure if that works in canada. (Chase dashpass does)
Aug 8, 2020
50 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Eleventeen wrote: Highly depends on your area. Without specifying it, kinda a moot comment.

In Kitchener/Waterloo, DD is VASTLY superior to ubereats. I used both way too much the last couple years. DD has far more restaurants, including 95% of the ones uber eats has, and in 90%+ of cases, lower prices.

In terms of overall selection, Skip is best here though. But lacks the frequent discounts or membership pass.

Plus in terms of raw details, dashpass vastly superior to uber eats pass. eg:
Eatspass lies to you, does not offer free delivery. It charges teh full delivery price + tax on it, than discount's on the base, thus you pay the tax on delivery, not free - truly free on DD.
Likewise hte do called "5% discount" doesn't discount anything, it erases 5% of the service fee.
Doordash service fee's are variable, thsu can be higher than uber eats or lower without the pass, with the pass, you are locked into 5% service fees - and that's a true discount , no bs tax.

Also Dashpass is available for 1+ year for free if you get a chase sapphire, or some other chase credit cards. Ubereats for the same requires the US platinum card, quite a higher fee, and not sure if that works in canada. (Chase dashpass does)
A quick question if you don't mind, how sure are you of using Dashpass from US in Canada signed up using Chase CC? I remember trying it late last year, and it put my account in a very weird state and I couldn't make any new orders in Canada.
I have a Chase freedom added to my account and want to try, but just not sure if I should. Any advice? Thanks!
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1648 posts
3738 upvotes
DoorDash has the highest markup of any food delivery app out there, you're basically just removing their markup with this deal.

I'd rather have the UE card back
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5648 posts
4723 upvotes
makingbaconpancakes wrote: Is tipping small business owners still a thing on doordash? I can't remember the platform but supposedly, the restaurant gets 100% of the tip.

Is there anything stopping you from buying $10k in gift cards discounted and making some free money? Because if I had a restaurant, that's what I would try doing.
you can't tip using credits. i have credits from previous promos but when i tip delivery guy , it comes off credit card
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2015
2095 posts
1830 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Awesome, in for 2
Even sweeter deal to use it when there’s active promo code
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2022 posts
1798 upvotes
Why not? DashPass is a status, you activate that and it’ll be there.

I paid with GC balance with my RBC DP status and all worked fine
mrelusive wrote: For those that have DD credits and DashPass through the RBC promo, are you able to use the DashPass benefits if you pay for your order with DD credits?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
2390 posts
2136 upvotes
Oakville
cursayer wrote: DoorDash has the highest markup of any food delivery app out there, you're basically just removing their markup with this deal.

+1

I've never been able to find value on Door Dash. At least Uber Eats caps their service fees and offers regular promos to offset the markups.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2015
2022 posts
1798 upvotes
With a decent card, purchasing $100 DD GC at Loblaws/RCSS will give you 15000 points + additional 4% back.

1000 PCO points can value more than $1 when you use it at the right time

What’s the best card to shop at Costco? 2% back?

Does GC qualify for additional executive 2%?
Jul 20, 2012
725 posts
201 upvotes
Air Force One
Good to know. I remember placing an order last week and the dashpass benefits did not take effect unless I used my rbc credit card to pay. Didn't know credits were fine as I was trying to pay with a different card.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1045 posts
1214 upvotes
cursayer wrote: DoorDash has the highest markup of any food delivery app out there, you're basically just removing their markup with this deal.

Again. DEPENDS ON AREA. Doordash does NOT mark up ANY restaurants, EVER. Neither does UE, neither does SKip.

All restaurants set there prices. They mark up based on the revenue they lost from the service. Large restaurants can an do negotiate lower cuts, tus don't have to mark up. Small ones get the usual 30% cut, but each service differs on area, market and a billion other factors.

In my area, Kitchener/Waterloo very few restaurants i like mark up, and those that do, mark up less than uber eats. Skip is the most normal prices, but given its lack of free delivery pass or promos, it still can come out behind.

I'm a huge nerd with a billion spreadsheets that calculate this stuff, I don't make things up.
Last edited by Eleventeen on Aug 6th, 2021 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1045 posts
1214 upvotes
nevermindvicky wrote: A quick question if you don't mind, how sure are you of using Dashpass from US in Canada signed up using Chase CC? I remember trying it late last year, and it put my account in a very weird state and I couldn't make any new orders in Canada.
I have a Chase freedom added to my account and want to try, but just not sure if I should. Any advice? Thanks!
100%. Activated it over a year ago, August 3rd, still active until jan 2022.
To date saved 191.97 in fees acording to app, but in reality - much higher savings from all the dashpass exclusive promos ive got, that are not included in that total.

Paid: $0 in monthly fees.

Just remove the card from your app. activate a VPN to the US, than add the card back. it will popup the free chase dashpass. If pop up does not appear, try removing all payment methods from WEBSITE, than on APP, repeat steps.

You than MUST leave that card as default, however you can add canadian giftcards and thus use a different credit card to buy said gift cards. Balance always used before chase card.

I also have the freedom card, added it before they granted it 3 months free dashpass. I can confirm the additional $5 off per month x2 IS USA locked. It's essentially a promo that is only eligible at every restaurant in the USA, but not ones in canada.

The dashpass is locked only to US and Canada, they have no system to lock it down to 1 country atm. Regardless of if you pay or if you use chase.

Can't confirm if the VPN is even needed, I feel like it's not. I've not placed orders in the US.

If you wanna be 100% safe, make a new account with US vpn. Than follow above instructions. Doordash is very cool and does not require/lock you down by phone number. Just change the number on the other account to a fake one, does not have to be activated, and use your existing number on the new account (which you can verify by sms, but actually, you can make orders unverified and verify by email instead)
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2012
1648 posts
3738 upvotes
Eleventeen wrote: Again. DEPENDS ON AREA. Doordash does NOT mark up ANY restaurants, EVER. Neither does UE, neither does SKip.

All restaurants set there prices. They mark up based on the revenue they lost from the service. Large restaurants can an do negotiate lower cuts, tus don't have to mark up. Small ones get the usual 30% cut, but each service differs on area, market and a billion other factors.

In my area, very few restaurants i like mark up, and those that do, mark up less than uber eats. Skip is the most normal prices, but given its lack of free delivery pass or promos, it still can come out behind.

I'm a huge nerd with a billion spreadsheets that calculate this stuff, I don't make things up.
That's what I'm saying. In my experience, restaurants have the highest markup when it's through DoorDash.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2017
1045 posts
1214 upvotes
cursayer wrote: That's what I'm saying. In my experience, restaurants have the highest markup when it's through DoorDash.
again, state your area, or no point posting, its a waste of space on the forum without stating your area.
Aug 8, 2020
50 posts
51 upvotes
Vancouver
Eleventeen wrote: 100%. Activated it over a year ago, August 3rd, still active until jan 2022.
To date saved 191.97 in fees acording to app, but in reality - much higher savings from all the dashpass exclusive promos ive got, that are not included in that total.

Paid: $0 in monthly fees.

Just remove the card from your app. activate a VPN to the US, than add the card back. it will popup the free chase dashpass. If pop up does not appear, try removing all payment methods from WEBSITE, than on APP, repeat steps.

You than MUST leave that card as default, however you can add canadian giftcards and thus use a different credit card to buy said gift cards. Balance always used before chase card.

I also have the freedom card, added it before they granted it 3 months free dashpass. I can confirm the additional $5 off per month x2 IS USA locked. It's essentially a promo that is only eligible at every restaurant in the USA, but not ones in canada.

The dashpass is locked only to US and Canada, they have no system to lock it down to 1 country atm. Regardless of if you pay or if you use chase.

Can't confirm if the VPN is even needed, I feel like it's not. I've not placed orders in the US.

If you wanna be 100% safe, make a new account with US vpn. Than follow above instructions. Doordash is very cool and does not require/lock you down by phone number. Just change the number on the other account to a fake one, does not have to be activated, and use your existing number on the new account (which you can verify by sms, but actually, you can make orders unverified and verify by email instead)
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I'll give it another try.
Deal Expert
Feb 9, 2012
17533 posts
4629 upvotes
Toronto
$84.99 + $9.99 monthly fee for Dash pass still = $5 savings! NICE! Smiling Face With Sunglasses Thanks OP!!
If it ain't broke, don't fix it!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6174 posts
3049 upvotes
Toronto
Eleventeen wrote: Again. DEPENDS ON AREA. Doordash does NOT mark up ANY restaurants, EVER. Neither does UE, neither does SKip.

In my area, Kitchener/Waterloo very few restaurants i like mark up, and those that do, mark up less than uber eats. Skip is the most normal prices, but given its lack of free delivery pass or promos, it still can come out behind.

To lean on your spreadsheets a little, if you're the type of person who only gets delivery when it's on special (like UE buy one get one free combined with a % off code), does Doordash make sense? It might be cheaper at the regular price, but is it still cheaper for someone who would never pay the regular price?

I guess my perspective is - I'm already pretty unhappy to be paying the eat-in menu price for takeout, let alone plus a mark up plus delivery plus tip, so I generally don't get delivery. UE still sometimes makes sense when it has good promos. Does Doordash drop to that level?