Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Drizzle Pure White and Golden Raw Honey, 4 x 500 g

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2022 6:12 pm
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
102 posts
370 upvotes
Madden, AB

[Costco] Drizzle Pure White and Golden Raw Honey, 4 x 500 g

Amazing deal. The small jars are usually $14-15 at other retailers so this is a steal. You also get Costco's return policy.

Please note that this is unpasteurized honey.
Last edited by Mars2012 on Dec 10th, 2022 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed retailer field so it's better for searches
19 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3158 posts
1336 upvotes
Thornhill
KoukiMonster wrote: Amazing deal. The small jars are usually $14-15 at other retailers so this is a steal. You also get Costco's return policy.

Please note that this is unpasteurized honey.
What makes this worth more than the other regular jars?
Feb 19, 2009
611 posts
891 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
I buy the Naturoney Organic Honey, which works out to $24 for the same volume of honey, and that's regular price.
Think I'll pass on this overpriced honey.
Jan 19, 2013
94 posts
48 upvotes
Toronto
Have always wanted to try this brand.

Think I won't pass on this honey.
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
102 posts
370 upvotes
Madden, AB
Bencherstyle wrote: What makes this worth more than the other regular jars?
Raw honey that's started by a local company (Calgary)

I was just excited to see them expand and wanted to support them. With this price point I thought it just made it easier.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3158 posts
1336 upvotes
Thornhill
KoukiMonster wrote: Raw honey that's started by a local company (Calgary)

I was just excited to see them expand and wanted to support them. With this price point I thought it just made it easier.
Thats fair. I hear you should eat local honey vs other areas.

Ontario here, so ill stick with ontario honey
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3555 posts
2915 upvotes
GTA
KoukiMonster wrote: Please note that this is unpasteurized honey.
What is the concern ? Botchulism ?

Edit: We regularly buy Wolfe Creamed Raw Organic Honey from Costco B&M, and they're $12 / kg. So is this worth extra 50% in cost ?
[OP]
Nov 25, 2015
102 posts
370 upvotes
Madden, AB
Bencherstyle wrote: Thats fair. I hear you should eat local honey vs other areas.

Ontario here, so ill stick with ontario honey
Jealous of the choices you have out East, not gonna lie.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2013
7241 posts
4894 upvotes
SW ON
flaming homer wrote: What is the concern ? Botchulism ?
I also wonder why honey is pasteurized. Honey is naturally antimicrobial, it kind of pasteurizes itself.

But it cannot be botulism. Botulism grows in anaerobic conditions, i e., without air, and in addition honey is antimicrobial.
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2001
1883 posts
83 upvotes
Sudbury
When it comes to honey, you want unpasteurized. Pasteurization kills off all the goodness that makes honey a healthy choice.
Mar 3, 2022
14 posts
16 upvotes
This is good honey, I always pick it up when its on sale.

Raw honey vs anything else is no comparison. If it comes in a bear, bee hive or any other crappy plastic bottle... its not even close.

Thanks OP for the heads up.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2811 posts
1194 upvotes
Gta
KoukiMonster wrote: Raw honey that's started by a local company (Calgary)

How long will these keep? I only use honey in my tea in the morning so I go through it slowly. Need it to last both as an unopened jar but also once opened. I’m assuming those won’t crystallize like the cheap crap?
Koodo member
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
3158 posts
1336 upvotes
Thornhill
queenofhearts wrote: How long will these keep? I only use honey in my tea in the morning so I go through it slowly. Need it to last both as an unopened jar but also once opened. I’m assuming those won’t crystallize like the cheap crap?
Crystalization means its real honey. If it doesnt crystalize over long period of time, it means its been cut with sugar or other crap.

Keeps forever.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2811 posts
1194 upvotes
Gta
Bencherstyle wrote: Crystalization means its real honey. If it doesnt crystalize over long period of time, it means its been cut with sugar or other crap.

Keeps forever.
Interesting. I thought it was the other way around. Thanks!
Koodo member
Dec 13, 2005
380 posts
326 upvotes
queenofhearts wrote: How long will these keep? I only use honey in my tea in the morning so I go through it slowly. Need it to last both as an unopened jar but also once opened. I’m assuming those won’t crystallize like the cheap crap?
Just microwave to melt the crystals. Pretty sure the white honey included here is crystallized.
Mar 14, 2009
544 posts
810 upvotes
Halifax
JohnnyRadical wrote: Raw honey vs anything else is no comparison. If it comes in a bear, bee hive or any other crappy plastic bottle... its not even close.
I like a good local honey. But the Kirkland Signature, which comes in a plastic bear, is unpasteurized and pretty good.
Banned
Mar 19, 2022
82 posts
111 upvotes
Product not found!
Sorry, but we weren't able to find the product you were looking for.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2006
1053 posts
755 upvotes
Alberta
coldlikeice wrote: Product not found!
Sorry, but we weren't able to find the product you were looking for.
It's sold out. When it was posted there were quantity of 262 available. But it went out of stock pretty fast
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
1384 posts
2855 upvotes
HeatSeeker wrote: When it comes to honey, you want unpasteurized. Pasteurization kills off all the goodness that makes honey a healthy choice.
What "goodness" are you speaking of?