Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] Drop cashback : $40 off Costco membership today only

  • Last Updated:
  • May 16th, 2020 6:00 pm
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 27, 2018
60 posts
67 upvotes

[Costco] Drop cashback : $40 off Costco membership today only

Hi all, first thread.
For those who don't know Drop, it's a cashback app similar to Rakuten. I find it works great and cashback is usually a bit higher than what Rakuten offers. Today they're offering $40 in points (redeemable for gift cards including Amazon) for a Costco membership (66% off).

Usual offer is $25 in points.
Obviously there are also referral promos but I don't think I'm allowed to share codes.

EDIT: New memberships or those expired for 18 months only.
Last edited by aldhux on May 16th, 2020 7:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
27 replies
Newbie
User avatar
Jul 1, 2019
58 posts
53 upvotes
Personally, don't know much about Drop. But looking over at the reviews on Google Play, it doesn't seem too great to me.

People report things like the creators making their rewards suddenly cost more, or (seemingly) randomly removing lower tier rewards ($5/$10) for quick payouts whenever they reach the amount needed. Even all their responses look like generic copy and paste replies.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jan 31, 2006
7004 posts
1738 upvotes
Toronto
Lavbrand wrote: Personally, don't know much about Drop. But looking over at the reviews on Google Play, it doesn't seem too great to me.

People report things like the creators making their rewards suddenly cost more, or (seemingly) randomly removing lower tier rewards ($5/$10) for quick payouts whenever they reach the amount needed. Even all their responses look like generic copy and paste replies.
Agreed.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 27, 2018
60 posts
67 upvotes
Lavbrand wrote: Personally, don't know much about Drop. But looking over at the reviews on Google Play, it doesn't seem too great to me.

People report things like the creators making their rewards suddenly cost more, or (seemingly) randomly removing lower tier rewards ($5/$10) for quick payouts whenever they reach the amount needed. Even all their responses look like generic copy and paste replies.
You're right I hadn't seen that. Amazon giftcards are minimum $25 now (used to be $10 I think). I use it for lululemon giftcards.
However, you can't really make rewards cost more. 1000 points is $1 and always has been.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2014
2037 posts
2255 upvotes
Toronto, ON
No Costco samples

No membership


I'm RFD cheap like that Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3169 posts
881 upvotes
Mars
aldhux wrote: Hi all, first thread.
For those who don't know Drop, it's a cashback app similar to Rakuten. I find it works great and cashback is usually a bit higher than what Rakuten offers. Today they're offering $40 in points (redeemable for gift cards including Amazon) for a Costco membership (66% off).

Usual offer is $25 in points.
Obviously there are also referral promos but I don't think I'm allowed to share codes.
for new membership or also for renewal?
Newbie
Sep 2, 2019
28 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Thanks OP! My previous membership has expired in March - is there any tip for renewal to qualify for this or any tricks for getting a new membership still using the same address?
Newbie
Sep 26, 2006
18 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Please update to Renewal only - excludes majority of us
Member
May 30, 2016
387 posts
442 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
This deal isn't that great. You can only redeem 25k minimum for the $25 Amazon gift card. There are no 15k point redemptions. There are no 40k point redemptions. There are a couple of 30k redemptions however. So in order to collect your next redemption after getting the Costco membership and use up the rest of your points you need to earn at least 10k points which would mean spending an additional $285 at a retailer like sporchek. Not worth the hassle for me.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 27, 2018
60 posts
67 upvotes
peggy1 wrote: Please update to Renewal only - excludes majority of us
Done sorry :)
razorblade2099 wrote: This deal isn't that great. You can only redeem 25k minimum for the $25 Amazon gift card. There are no 15k point redemptions. There are no 40k point redemptions. There are a couple of 30k redemptions however. So in order to collect your next redemption after getting the Costco membership and use up the rest of your points you need to earn at least 10k points which would mean spending an additional $285 at a retailer like sporchek. Not worth the hassle for me.
True. Supposing you're a new user though you can get $5 through referral, meaning you have only $5 to go to 50000 points. Obviously everyone shops differently, I use it for cashback on lulu (frequently 12%) and Frank & Oak (usually 6%). They also have $10 cashback on any Staples purchase over $50.
Last edited by aldhux on May 16th, 2020 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Newbie
Sep 22, 2008
16 posts
8 upvotes
Montreal
Drop app is terrible. Had so much back and forth with their support team to make them honor the different offers. Some of them I don't even bother anymore. I only keep it to top off the 3 $ I'm missing to get an Amazon gift card (although they might suddenly remove the 25$ option when I do get there like they did last time for a few months).
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3169 posts
881 upvotes
Mars
razorblade2099 wrote: This deal isn't that great. You can only redeem 25k minimum for the $25 Amazon gift card. There are no 15k point redemptions. There are no 40k point redemptions. There are a couple of 30k redemptions however. So in order to collect your next redemption after getting the Costco membership and use up the rest of your points you need to earn at least 10k points which would mean spending an additional $285 at a retailer like sporchek. Not worth the hassle for me.
indeed. the website https://www.earnwithdrop.com is not very clear either. i could not find signup on this page, you have to click on FAQ then you will see signup. and could not find merchants on the website. rakuten is much more user friendly.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2006
2167 posts
766 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure how they track whether you signed up to reward your points but I recall last time I signed up something through them and I didn't get my points for months. When I reached out to Drop, their damn respond was "we are a marketplace" and for me to contact the company rewarding the points... LOL. I fought for the points and eventually got them. Told myself to just stick to Ebates etc since then.
[OP]
Newbie
Jun 27, 2018
60 posts
67 upvotes
Geez you guys have had terrible experiences. I'm sorry I posted this thread, I didn't mean to share a bad deal or whatnot. Maybe mods can delete?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 30, 2005
3169 posts
881 upvotes
Mars
esq05 wrote: Not sure how they track whether you signed up to reward your points but I recall last time I signed up something through them and I didn't get my points for months. When I reached out to Drop, their damn respond was "we are a marketplace" and for me to contact the company rewarding the points... LOL. I fought for the points and eventually got them. Told myself to just stick to Ebates etc since then.
i hope ebates/rakuten has similar promotion with costco.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 5, 2006
9210 posts
4500 upvotes
Markham
Seems those reward apps are still like wild wild west. Must be a lot easy money around
Sr. Member
Aug 31, 2008
734 posts
332 upvotes
Yah, similar bad experience with Drop as others here, and poor customer service experience.
Jr. Member
Nov 24, 2011
156 posts
20 upvotes
INNISFIL
aldhux wrote: Geez you guys have had terrible experiences. I'm sorry I posted this thread, I didn't mean to share a bad deal or whatnot. Maybe mods can delete?
I had a great experience with them, and earned over 150k points already and cashed out. I do agree removing the $10 GC was kind of lame, but lots of ways to earn.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 2, 2010
2123 posts
1616 upvotes
GTA
aldhux wrote: Geez you guys have had terrible experiences. I'm sorry I posted this thread, I didn't mean to share a bad deal or whatnot. Maybe mods can delete?
Thanks for posting, OP.
Im a member of Drop but not a fan for all the reasons mentioned above, but just want to appreciate the effort you took to consider sharing this with us. :)

Top