Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Duracell Durabeam Ultra 1500 Lumens $13

• Last Updated:
  • May 29th, 2019 12:32 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2011
2596 posts
2946 upvotes
Calgary
$20 at Etobicoke Costco.
Rule No.1 here: Buy first, Think afterwards.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
ahammad wrote: I heard these have horrible current drain and will lose a lot of charge when stored. Not worth it if it is true....a battery company selling a tool that requires batteries? I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't design it for maximum efficiency.
the picture in the OP says it has no battery drain when off. It sems like they fixed that issue and want you to know about it since it's the first bullet.

The cycling through the modes would be annoying though.

I guess this thing is worth a shot at the price. Just remember that if you do store it, keep the batteries separated from the light because chances are, the C alkaline batteries will leak and you have a dead light. I used to have C maglites and they all suffered that fate. With AA lights, you can use Lithium disposables for reliable storage.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Banned
Nov 20, 2009
1323 posts
993 upvotes
39.0392° N, 125.7625…
vivibaby wrote: Which is the most powerful fleshlight?
I have a used Ikea Jerker desk for sale to complement any fleshlight that you may come across.
Oct 30, 2012
234 posts
147 upvotes
PETERBOROUGH
SleepyEyez wrote: Yes size C battery
I refuse to buy almost anything powered by C batteries. They are 1/3 the size of D batteries and cost the same. It also seems that lots of the items using C batteries have plenty of room for D's. Good for Duracell's bottom line but not much else.
Last edited by abrahamdick on May 26th, 2019 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6622 upvotes
London
One thing I found with some of these cheapie flashlights is that you can’t use ni-mh rechargeable batteries in some of them. The LED circuit doesn’t have any current limiting capabilities and depends on the naturally high impedance in alkaline batteries to limit the current flow. If you substitute a low impedance battery like ni-mh , it has a bigger current capacity and the cheapie LED circuit will actually burn out.

You have to read the reviews carefully to see if a particular flashlight is compatible with rechargeable batteries
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
29332 posts
10713 upvotes
Hamilton
vivibaby wrote: Which is the most powerful fleshlight?
Yours, say no more
hated on but respected.
Deal Guru
Apr 9, 2006
10595 posts
15784 upvotes
GT-EH
FYI - apparently no push/pull zoom function on head which is a deal breaker for me.
Public Mobile Customer, $34/50GB CAN-US
"It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. That is not a weakness; that is life." - Picard
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I prefer diy flashlights.

get 3 lithium ion batteries from used laptop packs to power a MR16 12 volt led light. Works great and gives a much broader spread of light.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2016
2209 posts
1814 upvotes
warpdrive wrote: the picture in the OP says it has no battery drain when off. It sems like they fixed that issue and want you to know about it since it's the first bullet.
My bad, you're right. At least they were aware.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
4777 posts
5070 upvotes
East GTA
sirxterminator wrote: I prefer diy flashlights.

get 3 lithium ion batteries from used laptop packs to power a MR16 12 volt led light. Works great and gives a much broader spread of light.
Curious to try this, you got a video tutorial you followed to make it? Where did you buy the parts and how do you charge it?
NO SOUP FOR YOU!

+1337
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1306 posts
1549 upvotes
Richmond Hill
the pic shows images of battery pack switches and sample flashlights.

most common charger used is a imax 6
Images
  • IMG_0322.JPG
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
2699 posts
442 upvotes
Toronto
SleepyEyez wrote: I just picked this up at the Pickering Costco.

Amazon.CA is selling this for $35
Pickering doesn't have costco. Ajax or Oshawa?
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
4680 posts
3971 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
eugene188 wrote: I'm taking you visit BLF or /r/flashlights or CPF? Once you get in, you start burning a hole in your wallet.
You are an evil person. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Dec 13, 2011
111 posts
116 upvotes
Montréal
I bought one of these before I saw this post and the light is very powerful. Cycling through the modes is a bit annoying and the fourth mode, strobe, is seizure inducing. Nonetheless, I plan to use this for emergencies so I don't see myself replacing the batteries often. It is supposed to last 3 hours on max (all 4 LEDSs) and 36 hours on low modes (wide beam or narrow spot).
Jul 21, 2008
61 posts
24 upvotes
Anyone tried these with nimh rechargeable yet?

I’m considering using AA or AAA. Which size is better for flashlight use?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)