• Jun 10th, 2021 6:17 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2528 posts
364 upvotes
Burnaby

[Costco] Dynamax RunningPad Folding Treadmill $499.99

just checked and there is an ongoing 150$ discount now.
also the original price is reduced from $699.99 to $649.99 so final price will be $499.99 before tax.

There is 2 older/expired hot threads before.

costco-dynamax-runningpad-folding-tread ... 9-2466918/

costco-ca-dynamax-runningpad-folding-tr ... 9-2445771/
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
19 replies
Jul 29, 2007
294 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
Can I ask for a price adjustment for a second time?
Nov 25, 2007
844 posts
488 upvotes
Toronto
goo421 wrote: Can I ask for a price adjustment for a second time?
Can you give a review of the runningpad?
Nov 6, 2012
305 posts
313 upvotes
Edmonton
Bought! Hopefully it works without the arms up for my standing desk
Jul 29, 2007
294 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
I bought this at the beginning of May for $589, requested a price adjustment last week when it was $569. Will try to get a second price adjustment now that it's $499.

No assembly required, but it's quite heavy considering you're supposed to be able to fold it up and store it away. Doesn't matter much for me as I had no intention of storing it away after use. I only chose it because it is less bulky and doesn't take up as much space. It's also a bit noisier than I expected, but that could just be because I read some reviews where people said it's pretty quiet. We've only used it for some brisk walking, so I haven't really tested it at the max speed. One thing that bugged me at first was that I could feel the fold beneath my feet, so it just didn't feel quite as smooth, but I think you just get used to it after a while and stop noticing. Overall I'm happy with it so far and it's being put to good use by everyone in the house. (Although I'm sure that will change over time.)
Feb 19, 2018
284 posts
226 upvotes
Montréal, QC
Can you put a standing desk on it?
Aug 28, 2019
88 posts
188 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Is the suitable for condo/apartments? I believe it will not create noise to the lower level units ?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
3043 posts
3382 upvotes
What separates this from those ancient walking treadmills from the 70s and 80s you'd sometimes see in a garage sale? Those were pretty compact too but inevitably tend fall into disuse. I guess older folks could use this to get their steps in, especially when the weather is bad? Back when dogs went for sane prices, I'd advocate that instead as a more motivating option to get the exercise.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2005
1573 posts
205 upvotes
will888 wrote: There are so many options for these things. Amazon has this one on sale right now.

https://www.amazon.ca/Goplus-Treadmill- ... 14&sr=8-13
The ones on Amazon have smaller widths of the pad and some are smaller in length too. Dynamax gives you more room to walk. It’s a good machine, but only for walking or very light jog (if you don’t weigh much).
Dec 15, 2011
207 posts
297 upvotes
Calgary
I literally just received and set this thing up today. Submitted a price adjustment request online - thanks so much OP.

My initial thoughts on the device:

1. It arrived via UPS in good shape, but with the belt way too far to the left. Took me about 25 minutes of playing around with the allen key to adjust it and centre the belt. Pain in the butt, but once you figure out how it works its simple enough. There are a few useful Youtube videos on the topic. Basically my method was just to run the treadmill at around 2.5 mph and adjust slowly with the allen key while in motion until the belt eventually centered. Otherwise its plug and play with no assembly.
  2. Its quite heavy... I mean its portable and compact compared to 99% of other treadmills, but unless you're a male of average strength, or a female of above average strength, it would be very challenging to move this thing around. Seniors or anyone with arthritis shouldn't be buying this and thinking they'll be able to store and set it up consistently without a struggle.
  3. I wouldn't recommend this for anyone over 250 lbs, it likely won't be robust enough.
  4. Definitely designed for power-walking and light jogging at best, anyone looking to sprint or build running endurance should get a real treadmill.
  5. The app is still partially in Chinese. I'm fairly confident this is originally a 'Xiaomi Kingsmith' product or something similar, that's been rebranded for North America as 'Dynamax'. Hopefully Dynamax will overhaul the app in the future, but I don't really care about the software as long as the hardware is functional. The remote control is good and does everything I want.
  6. Build quality seems good to very-good.
  7. This would be ideal for a small house or apartment where you don't have room for a full size treadmill and can fold and store this under a bed.
  8. One major negative I realized is the phone/tablet holder. The arm where the holder is situated is just too low to be a healthy viewing angle in my opinion. If you constantly walk and stare at your phone/tablet with your neck bent downward for 30 mins - 1 hour you're eventually going to develop neck and shoulder pain. I just ordered an Amazon freestanding tripod-style tablet mount to put in front of the equipment at eye-height as a solution. So keep in mind if this is something that matters to you, you'll have an extra ~$40 expense to consider.

Overall, at $499 I'd recommend purchasing this if you think it fits your lifestyle. I thought about buying some similar Amazon alternatives, but the value of the Costco warranty/return policy is priceless for an item like this.

At this price-point (and with only one-day of use so far) I'd give it an 8.5/10.
Sep 3, 2019
920 posts
625 upvotes
GTA
Used this for a few weeks, but returning it back now bc I bought a 'proper' treadmill.

Agree with what most people have said. It is quite heavy but it has wheels so don't syke yourself too much over it (I'm 130, male, don't do upper body workouts, and weak af). The arms have to be upright, but lower it halfway if you want to use it as a standing desk. I did find the belt to be too narrow for me; I'd end up stepping on the edge a bit too often. Guess I just can't walk in a straight line...

Good deal for the price. Just don't expect it to last more than 2-3 years, but be glad it does. Warranty is only 2 years afterall.
May 20, 2018
50 posts
66 upvotes
Thanks to OP - bought and received this last week for $569, now requested price adjust.

We also looked at the Amazon ones - some have 90 day or 1 year warranty while this one has 2. Add in Costco's return policy and that made it an easier choice.

Weight is about 80lbs and indeed heavy to move around, but it does fold into a much smaller space than a traditional treadmill. For comparison, this is a "lightweight" to the standard treadmills which are 220lbs-340lbs.

Out of the box, we noticed the belt was off-center. We simply kept the back end partially folded up while the belt was loose and realigned it without tools.

We wanted to jog indoors during bad weather and did some research to see if this one goes fast enough. It seems marathon runners average 9.6km/h for men and 8km/h for women. Jogging speed is around 6-9km/h.

But what threw us off was reviewers saying it's only good for "light jogs" but I think they might be missing a key step (that the manual explicitly says)... the app must be installed and "safety training" gone through at least once to unlock faster speeds. Also, the bar has to be raised and safety key inserted even after unlocking with the app. It's also the only way to switch the display from the default mph to kmh.

I recall out of the box it was barely a brisk walking speed with the bar raised/safety key in, but after using the app and setting to the new unlocked maximum speed expecting a light jog, it was definitely fast - I'd say their claim of 9km/h (practically running speed) is probably correct.

Noise levels are acceptable, but a 200lb family member with a heavier stride was vibrating the wooden floor on the second level of the house - no different than if someone was jumping on the floor above you without the machine. Adding foam mats and proper running shoes made a significantly reduction in vibration and noise.

For this price, it seems like a good deal.
Mar 5, 2012
225 posts
93 upvotes
Montréal
goo421 wrote: Can I ask for a price adjustment for a second time?
Did you use the form or did you actually speak with a CSR?

I paid $699 for it in February , thats a steep price difference.

And for those asking for a review, it is very convenient for small Urban appartments, it takes some regular tweaking (belt tends to slip) but my stamina has increased many times over. You have to use it of course.
Jul 29, 2007
294 posts
197 upvotes
Markham
AlexisFR wrote:
Did you use the form or did you actually speak with a CSR?
Yes I used the form. It was processed pretty quickly. Maybe 2-3 days. I just submitted another request yesterday. Hoping they'll approve.
Mar 5, 2012
225 posts
93 upvotes
Montréal
goo421 wrote: Yes I used the form. It was processed pretty quickly. Maybe 2-3 days. I just submitted another request yesterday. Hoping they'll approve.
I did not take any chances and I called them with the price adjustment ticket. I got a CSR and he processed the adjustment within 2 minutes, no fuss. Much better than Ikea!
May 20, 2018
50 posts
66 upvotes
That adjustment pretty much covers this year's membership fee? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Mar 5, 2012
225 posts
93 upvotes
Montréal
tobalolox wrote: That adjustment pretty much covers this year's membership fee? Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Over 3 years and then some :)

This running pad was a bit pricey at $699, but a fine little machine at $499. Hopefully it lasts more than a couple of years, but it has been through a few hundreds of kilometers so far!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2010
2528 posts
364 upvotes
Burnaby
still have stock online. Enjoy!
ASUS RAMPAGE II EXTREME; i7-950; GTX 560; 16G Mem; 2TB HD; 24x DVD-RAM;
Jun 8, 2021
4 posts
1 upvote
Thanks OP. Bought for my parents in early April for $699 and sent in the form a couple days ago and got a “one time exception” credit back of $224 with tax.