• Last Updated:
  • May 28th, 2021 10:39 pm
[OP]
Jul 2, 2013
77 posts
65 upvotes
KANATA

[Costco] Dynatrap DT1050 Indoor/Outdoor Mosquito Trap Plus 2 Bulbs $79.99

Costco sale on Dynatrap DT1050 for people that dont need the bigger version (DynaTrap DT2000XLP). It also comes with 2 spare bulbs. If you can find it in stores its 5$ cheaper 74.99
The DT1050 Features:
Up to ½ acre
Completely non-toxic
Pesticide and odor free

Product 99.99$
Less 20.00$-
Price79.99
Last edited by Arctic2k3 on May 19th, 2021 11:58 am, edited 3 times in total.
132 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2007
3980 posts
1404 upvotes
Kingston, ON
Crazy mixed reviews. Catches all flying bugs except mosquitos, over and over in the reviews. I don't think mosquitos are necessarily after the light more than they are co2
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
10186 posts
2805 upvotes
Montreal, QC
Still in stock around Montreal?
Jun 19, 2011
32 posts
270 upvotes
It seems that it needs modifications. An 1/8" screen to stop large moths and a CO2 attractant (yeast/water/sugar solution).
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2008
2678 posts
346 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks Op. I ordered the larger 1 acre one last week and was hoping Costco had a smaller version. This is perfect or our smaller than 1 acre yard. Will return the bigger one at ($149). Still haven’t received it so it would be interesting to compare the sizes between the two.
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1049 posts
377 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
Mosquitos are not very sensitive to near or ultraviolent wavelength so this lamp might not be that useful...... You need a CO2 source to attract them rather than a UV-like lamp....
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2008
1658 posts
552 upvotes
I purchased this unit on clearance last year and decided to set it up this spring.
So far it's run for 3 weeks and this is what it has collected in the 3-weeks (backing on to a ravine).
I think I see a few mosquitos in there.
1620046914659.jpg
Feb 22, 2018
17 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary AB
Bugs part of nature.
A perfect method of adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large.
Jul 19, 2019
57 posts
32 upvotes
Slawek wrote: Crazy mixed reviews. Catches all flying bugs except mosquitos, over and over in the reviews. I don't think mosquitos are necessarily after the light more than they are co2
Just grab a Octenol lure and stick underneath the light.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2749 posts
1975 upvotes
xuanzh wrote: Mosquitos are not very sensitive to near or ultraviolent wavelength so this lamp might not be that useful...... You need a CO2 source to attract them rather than a UV-like lamp....
You should do some research before posting ;)
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2015
1049 posts
377 upvotes
Nobleton, ON
djredhat wrote: You should do some research before posting ;)
how does this thing emit CO2 then?

The reviews seems to be not very high....
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2460 posts
1205 upvotes
Sorry but bought this last year and it is a piece of crap. Tried extensively to use it in our area of Muskoka and it never caught anything whatsoever. Now...it sits under my workbench in the garage as I will try it again...already knowing the results.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Portable SSDs (And More) 4 Sale

Camera Stuff and Storage 4 Sale
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2012
9945 posts
9644 upvotes
Markham
flamenko wrote: Sorry but bought this last year and it is a piece of crap. Tried extensively to use it in our area of Muskoka and it never caught anything whatsoever. Now...it sits under my workbench in the garage as I will try it again...already knowing the results.
I have one and my neighbours have this. It has drastically reduced the amount of mosquitos in our area... even the "cheap" neighbour is trying to get in on this.

If it didn't work for you, it's more user error than product error.
Nov 12, 2019
215 posts
643 upvotes
Genblue wrote: I purchased this unit on clearance last year and decided to set it up this spring.
So far it's run for 3 weeks and this is what it has collected in the 3-weeks (backing on to a ravine).
I think I see a few mosquitos in there.
1620046914659.jpg
This thing works great for us, we were getting that much every week at peak bug season in Ottawa last summer!
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
2460 posts
1205 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: I have one and my neighbours have this. It has drastically reduced the amount of mosquitos in our area... even the "cheap" neighbour is trying to get in on this.

If it didn't work for you, it's more user error than product error.
Not user error at all. They are pretty much idiot proof to use. Just passing on my experience. I live in the woods...literally. We can mark on the calendar when the bug season switches from mosquito to sand flies to black flies to horse flies...the latter being the worse. It is funny because after I had no luck with it...went to find success stories and pictures with insects in it...there were none. ..none actually until I saw one posted here.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Portable SSDs (And More) 4 Sale

Camera Stuff and Storage 4 Sale
Oct 16, 2018
167 posts
82 upvotes
Damn I hate having that sleeping teddy bear. It's like a punch in the face. You snooze you lose.