[Costco] Dyson V11 Total Clean - $629.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 14th, 2021 6:26 pm
[OP]
Oct 7, 2004
405 posts
231 upvotes

[Costco] Dyson V11 Total Clean - $629.99

For those looking to pick up the V11, on sale at Costco online and instore -- yes this deal is not for everyone. This model has the removable battery and extra attachments. Only thing it doesn't have is the soft roller attachment for hardwood floor.

*Assume the price drop with the release of the V15 but not a bad price and great return policy with Costco.
34 replies
Aug 28, 2014
15 posts
7 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
How does this model compare to the absolute on sale at Canadian tire for $750 or the other dyson v11 torque drive + at Costco for $750?
Nov 10, 2016
133 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
Thanks for this, I just bought a refurbished v11h (with soft roller) directly from Dyson for $599 and I really like it, but this one even if it doesn't include the soft roller I can get one later, the extra attachements, the 2 year warranty, new meaning not refurbished, and dealing with Costco warranty is a lot better, I will return the refurbished one, good thing buying direct from Dyson is that you have 30 days to return it.
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
10949 posts
2075 upvotes
It has a flexi crevice tool and flexi extension tube but lack the roller head.
Iluvfood999 wrote: How does this model compare to the absolute on sale at Canadian tire for $750 or the other dyson v11 torque drive + at Costco for $750?
Masks can reduce spread of COVID-19 by 83.3% and keep economy open, wear one!
*external links and short links are not allowed
Dec 8, 2010
634 posts
262 upvotes
Markham, Ontario
Do they have it on the store?
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1166 posts
1176 upvotes
I ended up getting the V11 Absolute direct from Dyson. $900 - $150 = $750 and then 10% cash back on Rakuten so $675. Includes the soft roller which I believe is worth about $150 and is ideal for hardwood and tile. My house is mostly hardwood/tile so this was a better deal for me. If I was mostly carpet I'd go for the Total Clean.
Jul 7, 2008
784 posts
419 upvotes
Majokito wrote: I ended up getting the V11 Absolute direct from Dyson. $900 - $150 = $750 and then 10% cash back on Rakuten so $675. Includes the soft roller which I believe is worth about $150 and is ideal for hardwood and tile. My house is mostly hardwood/tile so this was a better deal for me. If I was mostly carpet I'd go for the Total Clean.
About to do the same, my house is mostly hardwood.
Aug 3, 2019
451 posts
258 upvotes
luck4u2u wrote: Do they have it on the store?
Yes I saw a lot available yesterday at store. It was also 629.99
Nov 12, 2011
19 posts
25 upvotes
Toronto
DonCapo wrote: Thanks for this, I just bought a refurbished v11h (with soft roller) directly from Dyson for $599 and I really like it, but this one even if it doesn't include the soft roller I can get one later, the extra attachements, the 2 year warranty, new meaning not refurbished, and dealing with Costco warranty is a lot better, I will return the refurbished one, good thing buying direct from Dyson is that you have 30 days to return it.
FWIW, dealing with Dyson for warranty wasn't bad at all. I had a v10 for almost a year and the trigger started having problems, I called Dyson and they just send me a new refurbished unit and a box with mailing label to send back my old unit. No hassle at all.
Nov 10, 2016
133 posts
148 upvotes
Montreal, Qc.
ryeh7926 wrote: FWIW, dealing with Dyson for warranty wasn't bad at all. I had a v10 for almost a year and the trigger started having problems, I called Dyson and they just send me a new refurbished unit and a box with mailing label to send back my old unit. No hassle at all.
Yeah, so far a lot of people report good stuff about dealing directly with Dyson, but there's also the horror stories shared from some people but I think it's just bad luck or timing, still I went the Costco route just to have a new one with the 2 year warranty from Dyson instead of 1, but I wasn't really thinking about Costco warranty, if the vacuum breaks, can I go directly to Costco anytime I want??
Oct 28, 2012
90 posts
118 upvotes
VICTORIA
DonCapo wrote: Yeah, so far a lot of people report good stuff about dealing directly with Dyson, but there's also the horror stories shared from some people but I think it's just bad luck or timing, still I went the Costco route just to have a new one with the 2 year warranty from Dyson instead of 1, but I wasn't really thinking about Costco warranty, if the vacuum breaks, can I go directly to Costco anytime I want??
The joys of dealing with Costco.

I’ve had fantastic experiences dealing with Dyson. They’ve bent over backwards to create a happy customer. I’ve got the v11 vacuum right now and it cleans very well.

Some tips though:
  • when emptying the canister, you have to whack the sturdy grey plastic bit at the end (below the silver, don’t hit the silver metal or you will dent it). This will release the dust inside and let it drop out.
  • get a can of air. You’ll need it to blast dust from the inside. I do it about once every 2-3 months
  • get a second filter if you can and clean it regularly. The filter takes 24-48 hours to dry. In a busy household this sucks to not be able to vacuum for 24-48 hours. The extra filter is worth it
Do the little maintenance tasks and this thing works great. Don’t, and you can lose suction over time.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2008
3422 posts
5102 upvotes
Langley, BC
I bought this today online and was hoping it came with the fluffy head. But it doesn’t.

I read that it’s good for hardwood but if you have both hardwood and carpet it’s annoying to swap back and forth and they recommended the head it comes with instead of the fluffy head.

Is this accurate?
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
1172 posts
1713 upvotes
Vancouver
Ok I gotta ask, for those of you who are rich enough to afford a $700 vacuum. What does this do that my $50 vac doesn't...?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2485 posts
1483 upvotes
Scarborough
danascully wrote: Ok I gotta ask, for those of you who are rich enough to afford a $700 vacuum. What does this do that my $50 vac doesn't...?
My servants really enjoy it
Oct 24, 2009
896 posts
1255 upvotes
Vancouver
Is it easy to get a price adjusted if I bought this few months ago? If not, I guess I better order online and return it.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5407 posts
2390 upvotes
danascully wrote: Ok I gotta ask, for those of you who are rich enough to afford a $700 vacuum. What does this do that my $50 vac doesn't...?
If you are a messy person that doesn't care about cleaning keep enjoying your $50 vac.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5407 posts
2390 upvotes
nimz wrote: For those looking to pick up the V11, on sale at Costco online and instore -- yes this deal is not for everyone. This model has the removable battery and extra attachments. Only thing it doesn't have is the soft roller attachment for hardwood floor.

*Assume the price drop with the release of the V15 but not a bad price and great return policy with Costco.
This does NOT come with extra battery. Only the Outsize model does.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1166 posts
1176 upvotes
ar2020 wrote: This does NOT come with extra battery. Only the Outsize model does.
He said removable battery, not extra battery. The original V11 was screwed in but this V11 you can easily swap it out if you have a second battery.
Deal Addict
Feb 14, 2019
1166 posts
1176 upvotes
steven80 wrote: I bought this today online and was hoping it came with the fluffy head. But it doesn’t.

I read that it’s good for hardwood but if you have both hardwood and carpet it’s annoying to swap back and forth and they recommended the head it comes with instead of the fluffy head.

Is this accurate?
The fluffy head is good for hardwood/tile yes. The regular head works too, just not as well. Check this video about halfway through for a comparison.

It's easy to swap back and forth. I wouldn't be concerned with that. 90% of my vacuuming is the kitchen, dining area (kids always making a mess) and family room where the floor is hard so I'll probably leave the soft roller on most of the time. With my old vacuum I usually do all of one floor type first, then swap and do the other so I'm not swapping back and forth constantly.