Tags:
[OP]
Oct 30, 2005
613 posts
836 upvotes
Montreal

[Costco] East** Possibly only QC- Sunbeam 3PK LED 11w A19 Bulbs $9.99 no limit

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/ ... rxpjqp.jpg[/IMG]

I saw these both at St Jerome and Pointe Claire. I am not sure of the availability throughout the chain but PC had 1000 cards available today.

Regular price is $16.99 less instant rebate of $7.00

Good deal for good dim-able bulbs. 11W / 800 Lumens

Exp: 2015-05-24
14 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2005
3412 posts
360 upvotes
Energy star rated?

Looked at the picture again and it does have the Energy star symbol. So I guess we can use the $5 coupon in Ontario? That will make it a HOT deal.
[OP]
Oct 30, 2005
613 posts
836 upvotes
Montreal
LoveRFD wrote: Energy star rated?

Looked at the picture again and it does have the Energy star symbol. So I guess we can use the $5 coupon in Ontario? That will make it a HOT deal.
I guess you could call a local Costco to see if they have stock. If the temp $7 rebate is throughout the eastern stores then yes, HOT DEAL!
Deal Addict
Jul 6, 2007
2660 posts
1770 upvotes
Niagara On The Lake
Just called Costco, East Gwillimbury. Price is $16.99. Doesn't look like it is across Eastern Stores.
Oct 8, 2013
360 posts
313 upvotes
Dartmouth
My in-laws have a couple sunbeam led bulbs. They dim them and they're awful. They don't get that low before just shutting off and they flicker when dimmed.

If you're not dimming them, I bet they will be fine, but if you want to dim, I wouldn't put them anywhere you're going to do light sensitive tasks (reading etc.).
[OP]
Oct 30, 2005
613 posts
836 upvotes
Montreal
Greasy wrote: My in-laws have a couple sunbeam led bulbs. They dim them and they're awful. They don't get that low before just shutting off and they flicker when dimmed.

If you're not dimming them, I bet they will be fine, but if you want to dim, I wouldn't put them anywhere you're going to do light sensitive tasks (reading etc.).
Special dimmers are needed for LED bulbs so I was told by Lutron Customer Service. I've also had issues with dimming in the past with other models but this Sunbeam bulbs is not giving me the same dimming issues.
Oct 8, 2013
360 posts
313 upvotes
Dartmouth
larman2001 wrote: Special dimmers are needed for LED bulbs so I was told by Lutron Customer Service. I've also had issues with dimming in the past with other models but this Sunbeam bulbs is not giving me the same dimming issues.
This was with an LED dimmer from Lutron. I will however clarify that this was not with these bulbs in particular but the bulbs were sunbeam ones designed to be dimmed. So these may be fine, I personally just don't trust Sunbeam.
Jan 30, 2008
181 posts
52 upvotes
Vaughan, ON
LoveRFD wrote: Energy star rated?

I don't think Costco is participating for it, they probably won't accept the $5 coupon.

According to this thread:
ontario-energy-star-coupons-2015-ontari ... s-1646187/

Redeem your coupons at these participating retailers:
TSC Stores
Walmart
Canadian Tire
Home Hardware
The Home Depot
Lowe's
Giant Tiger
Canada Computers
RONA
Living Lighting
Lite Source
Royal Lighting
Batteries Expert
Factory Direct
SmartRay/The LED Company
CanGeneral
K&S Value Centre
Turkstra Lumber
Han Star
BMR
Sescolite Lighting
Target
Supreme Lighting and Electric Supply
Union Lighting and Furnishings

EDIT: Just realized the thread is QC and the coupon I mentioned was Ontario.
Apr 11, 2006
26 posts
1 upvote
GTA
I had this bulbs, they gets very hot on the base when use.
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1978 posts
668 upvotes
Costco Brossard (QC) had these at this price as well. They were quite heavy for LED bulbs, which I found odd. Especially seeing that these are slightly smaller than standard LED bulbs. I didn't buy any as I have a dozen spares at home which, if you buy into the LED hype, I will never need because I will die long before my installed LED bulbs do, lol.
Deal Guru
Mar 23, 2005
13432 posts
297 upvotes
Midland
The light bulb is "omni-directional". Wow, who would have ever known? LOL.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent." - US President, Calvin Coolidge
Jan 8, 2013
5 posts
2 upvotes
Montr
Confirmed @Boisbriand-QC. Lots left. Only soft white color (don't think they carry daylight...)
Oct 13, 2013
406 posts
56 upvotes
Chomedey, QC
gordholio wrote: The light bulb is "omni-directional". Wow, who would have ever known? LOL.
they are also "bright" and provide light in otherwise dark rooms.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
12166 posts
2245 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gordholio wrote: The light bulb is "omni-directional". Wow, who would have ever known? LOL.
Some bulbs are directional, so it's perfectly valid to distinguish this one as omni-directional...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)