Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Ecobee3Lite + 2 room sensors CAD199.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 10:08 pm
Mar 8, 2018
30 posts
39 upvotes

[Costco] Ecobee3Lite + 2 room sensors CAD199.99

Ecobee3 Lite List Price at CAD219
HD at 189 without sensors

Costco.ca has the same Ecobee3 Lite + 2 room sensors for CAD199.99

List Price at Ecobee.com for Ecobee3 Lite is 219 (also at 189);
but 2 pack room sensors alone at CAD89
123 replies
Dec 30, 2017
752 posts
880 upvotes
GTA
This is the regular price at costco. Has been for at least 3 months.
Oct 3, 2016
423 posts
697 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
Agreed. But while it's not technically a sale price, it is still a good deal. I believe you can use Masterpass online and save $20 on the purchase.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
JDTheCanadian wrote: Agreed. But while it's not technically a sale price, it is still a good deal. I believe you can use Masterpass online and save $20 on the purchase.
I believe that $20 Masterpass promo is done now.
Oct 3, 2016
423 posts
697 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
vkizzle wrote: I believe that $20 Masterpass promo is done now.
If it is, my mistake then. I wasn't keeping up with that thread.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
153 upvotes
can anyone comment on how these compare to the Nest thermostats? App quality/usability? I'm assuming I can use for heat alone with a gas fireplace?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41802 posts
30056 upvotes
Center of Universe
thecrashton wrote: can anyone comment on how these compare to the Nest thermostats? App quality/usability? I'm assuming I can use for heat alone with a gas fireplace?
I have experience with both and prefer Ecobee.
These cannot be used with a gas fireplace.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
153 upvotes
vkizzle wrote: I have experience with both and prefer Ecobee.
These cannot be used with a gas fireplace.
Thanks for letting me know - I see that it's not battery powered and so assume the two single wires coming out of my wall to the thermostat don't provide the necessary power, but I have no idea - I'm not electrically savvy.
I'm having some trouble with my current programmable thermostat in that, if I drop the temp from say 70 to 66 before I go to bed, there are times it simply doesn't turn back on once it's reached 65 and then we wake up to a house that is 55. I don't know if the thermostat is defective or what but I'm trying to find a new solution.
Deal Addict
Mar 22, 2017
3106 posts
4579 upvotes
West GTA
thecrashton wrote: can anyone comment on how these compare to the Nest thermostats? App quality/usability? I'm assuming I can use for heat alone with a gas fireplace?
I looked into it fairly extensively, and chose Ecobee. It's more feature-rich and it's an independent Canadian company. The app's pretty good. they are a bit different though - Ecobee is a high-quality smart programmable thermostat, while Nest self-programs.
Sep 1, 2008
672 posts
1719 upvotes
I haven't used Ecobee but from what I've read the specs sound pretty good feature-wise.

I have the Nest and am very disappointed with its features, or lack thereof. One useful feature missing that people have been complaining for years is the fan scheduling, which btw was supported in my previous non-smart programmable thermostat, made by Honeywell in 2002!!! The Nest is all about appearances and looks, form over function. Not recommended.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
Yep, regular price for a while, Masterpass $20 off is expired, Enbridge $100 credit/cheque application expires Dec31/18 (not sure if UnionGas people can still get it by choosing the non-gas option). Ecobee must be installed for activation number to apply.

Install should take you 15min at thermostat (done if you have a C-wire), and another 15min at furnace IF no C-wire and you need to install the included PEK. App will walk you through it, very easy.

Our family loves it, outside of the schedule I set up from the old stat, we can turn on the heat in bed, turn it down when out, and I paired it with our Echo Dot3, voice turn up heat, and it goes up 1 degree etc. We rarely touch the Ecobee thermostat now.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
Best Buy is $189.99 with 2 sensors.....one left online as of writing.

Enbridge $100 rebate ends Dec 31st, install quick and apply!

thecrashton wrote: Thanks for letting me know - I see that it's not battery powered and so assume the two single wires coming out of my wall to the thermostat don't provide the necessary power, but I have no idea - I'm not electrically savvy.
I'm having some trouble with my current programmable thermostat in that, if I drop the temp from say 70 to 66 before I go to bed, there are times it simply doesn't turn back on once it's reached 65 and then we wake up to a house that is 55. I don't know if the thermostat is defective or what but I'm trying to find a new solution.
I like to think so (defective). Costs you $30 to find out at home depot, easy to install:

https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.5-an ... 75550.html

Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2007
3433 posts
1386 upvotes
Scarborough
thecrashton wrote: thats the exact one i have :(
I too have the almost same 5/2/2 model. So, in your case it's either defective or improperly programmed/installed. The furnace should come on at the desired 65 and not be still inactive at 55.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
153 upvotes
Samwfive wrote: I too have the almost same 5/2/2 model. So, in your case it's either defective or improperly programmed/installed. The furnace should come on at the desired 65 and not be still inactive at 55.
Yea I'm gonna return the one I've got installed and try another unit. I noticed when installing that mine didn't have the jumper installed (which is shown to be there in manual - i only had two wires to attach) but tech support said it should be fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2003
3101 posts
3349 upvotes
I prefer ecobee because of the remote sensors. I prefer the non-lite model because the regular ecobee has a motion sensor built into the front, and the lite model doesn't.
Deal Expert
Jun 15, 2012
15662 posts
10440 upvotes
Southern Ontario
My previous Honeywell thermostat was not reading the temp correctly by as much as 4C. I had already removed it, blown it out with an air can to clean the sensor, and reset it.
Dec 18, 2012
452 posts
153 upvotes
AncasterRFD wrote: My previous Honeywell thermostat was not reading the temp correctly by as much as 4C. I had already removed it, blown it out with an air can to clean the sensor, and reset it.
to no avail?
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I like Ecobee with room sensors feature. I have Ecobee install on the main floor and room sensors on the second floor and basement. During the day, I configure them to "follow me" during the day. Ecobee will adjust the temperature where people are in the house. At night, the second floor room sensor will take over the control and ignore the main floor thermostat and basement temperature measurements.

Even Nest thermostat has rechargeable battery. You should install the C-wire to power the Nest thermostat. Nest charges battery during the time when the furnace is on. You may run into a situation that Nest does not call for heat for a long time. The battery will be dead. You don't want to have frozen pipes while your are on vacation during the winter months. Always install the C-wire to power smart thermostat.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)