Expired Hot Deals

[Costco] ECOVACS DEEBOT M88 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner $299.99

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 28th, 2019 7:45 am
[OP]
Newbie
Mar 2, 2014
87 posts
507 upvotes
Halifax

[Costco] ECOVACS DEEBOT M88 Robotic Vacuum Cleaner $299.99

Image
Compare with Amazon.ca at $449.99
*************** Price graph shows all time low has been 249.
cccecovacs.png
Last edited by TomRFD on Jul 24th, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added price to title
33 replies
Newbie
Jun 11, 2013
6 posts
Toronto
Anybody has any experience with this brand yet? I am still tempted to buy Roomba but not sure how EcoVacs compete yet.
Deal Addict
User avatar
May 22, 2006
2052 posts
643 upvotes
Toronto
I have had an ecovacs since November of last year. No real issues with it. The one I have is the higher model than this and comes with LIDAR (laser navigation). It was from Costco as well but it seems Costco has only this model now. It gets tangled here and there when I leave my phone cords out but thats expected. Otherwise, it does a really good job in filling up the dustbin with all sorts of dust and such I would've never noticed.

Its from Costco - so much easier returns here.
Newbie
Jul 13, 2014
24 posts
100 upvotes
Ontario
I'm very interested in this, as we're in the market for a robotic vacuum. Most of the reviews are marked as promotional, though, which has me a bit worried. We have a large dog and all-hardware floors, so if the performance isn't the greatest I'd likely look elsewhere.

Is this deal also available in-store, does anyone know?
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 23, 2005
1767 posts
2160 upvotes
Toronto
Winterreise wrote: I'm very interested in this, as we're in the market for a robotic vacuum. Most of the reviews are marked as promotional, though, which has me a bit worried. We have a large dog and all-hardware floors, so if the performance isn't the greatest I'd likely look elsewhere.

Is this deal also available in-store, does anyone know?

i bought an N79 last christmas, amazing thing. Around 200 bucks. tried roomba as well at the same time, but for the same price range, the n79 did better and quieter.

Its been 8 months now, I've only picked up my central vac once because of broken glass... (not caused by the robot)...

Since its not as "smart", no maps or anything, sometimes, it can't find its way back to the dock. But thats a small price to pay for not vacumming for 8 months EVERY WEEK.
Sr. Member
Dec 16, 2010
654 posts
400 upvotes
Canada
I've been looking a while myself and posted that Amazon deal. From what I can see, this isn't much if a deal for this unit. The only thing that makes it decent are easy returns.
Sr. Member
Dec 24, 2007
686 posts
254 upvotes
Kingston
Winterreise wrote: I'm very .... We have a large dog and all-hardware floors,...
All hardware floors? Sounds painful! Winking Face
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Mar 8, 2003
8797 posts
1173 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Reviews are pretty bad, any reason to get this?
Jr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
124 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
davilzboyz wrote: Anybody has any experience with this brand yet? I am still tempted to buy Roomba but not sure how EcoVacs compete yet.
I feel Roomba is like the Apple of vaccum robots: overpriced and you'll find similar if not better stuff around for way cheaper. I have a Roomba (old OLD model) and a Neato (also OLD model) and I like the Neato more. I've bought both second hand and I'll never pay premium price on a Roomba.
Newbie
Jan 10, 2019
25 posts
89 upvotes
Vancouver
I have this right now and thinking of returning it to costco
Part of the reason this was good was for app controls.
The thing is, the app requires access to IMEI, make phone calls, access to files and photos.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... p&hl=en_CA

I can't trust them as a company and eufy is a better with similar specs and distributed by anker-direct.

One thing going for this robot vs roomba, it's quiet and low profile (same with eufy)
Spend more, Save more you say...
Jr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
124 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
Winterreise wrote: I'm very interested in this, as we're in the market for a robotic vacuum. Most of the reviews are marked as promotional, though, which has me a bit worried. We have a large dog and all-hardware floors, so if the performance isn't the greatest I'd likely look elsewhere.

Is this deal also available in-store, does anyone know?
Just return it if you're not satisfied. Consider it a test-drive ;) I get that robot vacuums are very individual choice items. My favourite may not work well for you, and vice-versa. I have a Roomba and a Neato and they both have different selling points for my situation. I'm considering trying this one because my Roomba doesn't have a dock or scheduling.
Jr. Member
Dec 22, 2012
124 posts
30 upvotes
Montreal
TarpMcFly wrote: The thing is, the app requires access to IMEI, make phone calls, access to files and photos.
What's wrong with those companies nowadays??

The major drawback I have just found out now, for me, is the absence of virtual walls. I can't leave doors closed because of pets, so this is a deal breaker for me :(
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2013
1635 posts
505 upvotes
Toronto
what do you guys recommend for one that supports virtual walls?
Thanks
Deal Addict
User avatar
Sep 7, 2014
1051 posts
1217 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
esq05 wrote: The one I have is the higher model than this and comes with LIDAR (laser navigation). It was from Costco as well but it seems Costco has only this model now. Its from Costco - so much easier returns here.
Do you have the 901 that was available a few months back?

I waited for a sale that never came cause I wanted the same (LIDAR, finger drawn walls in-app, etc) and that delicious Costco warranty, but then they stopped carrying it!

Hopefully they start carrying the Ecovacs higher end models again since they released new ones.

Top