ECOVACS DEEBOT N8+ Vacuum and Mop Robot with Auto-empty Station $499

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2021 10:48 am
Deal Addict
May 1, 2011
1818 posts
2465 upvotes
Halifax
needbox wrote: How well does the moping work for laminate floors?
It just seems to wander around aimlessly with it's head down, does a few circles then mopes back to the dock.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2939 posts
2228 upvotes
needbox wrote: Doesn’t sound great
It’s Costco ;)
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Jun 12, 2018
402 posts
331 upvotes
Ontario
How's this compare to the iRobot Roomba i7 7150 for $550?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1626 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
Case333 wrote: For those asking about the mopping feature think of it as a wet cloth following the vacuum cleaner. You fill up a little reservoir with water to keep the cloth wet and It doesn't scrub but is great for hair/dust. Its programed not to mop over any rugs. Usually I just use the robot without the mop installed though. Its been a huge quality of life improvement for our household where one is allergic to the two cats and we used to have to sweep a few times a day .
I've found the mopping feature decent. Before starting I spray a little rubbing alcohol/water on the microfiber cloth itself. Rubbing alcohol prevents steaks.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10216 posts
2378 upvotes
Richmond Hill
It seems mopping makes empty dustbin much less effective, does anyone find out the same?
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2006
2939 posts
2228 upvotes
My mop is not wet at all.
Obviously I have filled out the tank.

The unit detects it and the app says “mopping”, but water doesn’t seem to come out.

I’ve tried different water settings, including max.

Any ideas why?
iamalittlepepper wrote: Non of the Royal Purple is BMW qualified which voids your drivetrain warranty.. especially for those who owns the 3.0L N54 engine
tcjsqls wrote: you have no ideas how a report of stolen credit card (...) affect your credit. Happened twice in your history, that bank won't issue a credit card for you
Nov 3, 2011
139 posts
19 upvotes
djredhat wrote: My mop is not wet at all.

The unit detects it and the app says “mopping”, but water doesn’t seem to come out.

Any ideas why?
I had the same issue. There are multiple suggestions on support site. Make sure to clean sensors, water filter etc. I don't think I would need to do those on a brand new unit that ran just once but I did it anyway. Nothing fixed it. Mine was also always going backwards with mopping plate attached. I think it had a sensor issue. It was sensing everything as carpet probably. I returned, got a new one and I don't have that problem anymore. You might have a similar issue.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1626 posts
134 upvotes
Toronto
djredhat wrote: My mop is not wet at all.

Any ideas why?
I find it works best to make the pad a little damp before attaching.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
10216 posts
2378 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Any trick to make auto empty dustbin work? My N8+ is hit and miss, it seems the flaps on dustbin are not sucked to open up, maybe due to gap between flaps and suck opening on base station
May 11, 2018
120 posts
40 upvotes
Seems smarter than the shark, with a better app. Same volume though. Smart enough to turn up the suction on its own when needed. It’s not bumping into things as much as the shark.

The only 2 downsides are that it sounds more “motorish”…like there’s something loose on a spinning part. It’s almost silent when the vacuum/roller is off (while it’s returning to base for example). Second is that it refused to go under some chairs that the Shark does, and that it technically fits under.

Here’s hoping Costco takes the Shark back!
Aug 31, 2001
561 posts
57 upvotes
Sounds like the N8+ is less battery but just as good detection than the T8 AIVI and N8+ older but cost less after costco sales.

When does this usually go on sale -> Black Friday/ Christmas?

Looking to upgrade from an old Roomba and want vacumn mop and dock with dirt emptying
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
1977 posts
1272 upvotes
TusharN30757 wrote:
If you don't care about Mop and Auto clean Bin.
It's about $240 all in which makes it half the price of this with about 90% of the features including Lidar, Multi room and no go line support, great software updates . I am robo vaccum enthusiast and over the years I have realized that robovaccums are not that's great with mopping. You can also try getting both and see which one you like. Costco and Amazon have both decent return policies
Sunmax wrote:
I don't really care about mopping.

Auto cleaning bin is a bonus but not must have.

Is this the link where you get the S5? It says $199.99 + $70.63 Shipping & Import

https://www.amazon.ca/360-Selective-Mul ... B088Z9S5X5
TusharN30757 wrote: I have both the D4 and Xiaomi Mop p. I recently got 360 s5 after price drop and its miles better than both.
How much did you guys paid? Do you still like your robots?

my original rockrobo died so I'm looking to replace it.
The 360 S5 LiDAR Robot is 220 + 75$ in fees now.

Do you knows know how returns work? Is it full refund if the vacumn doesn't perform well?
Does it use standard xioami parts? or do I need to look for "360 " branded parts.
Oct 13, 2018
397 posts
485 upvotes
Get the 360s5 , great vaccum no complaints.
Parts are easily available on Amazon

Also whatever you pay for customs a portion of it will most likely will be refunded in a month or so as I got $19 back from the $40 I paid.

You can always return it if you don't like it but I am very very impressed . I have Neato D4 and Xiaomi Mop P and Deboot. This is better than all of them by miles
Nov 10, 2003
705 posts
307 upvotes
Richmond
PerformingAzura wrote: How much did you guys paid? Do you still like your robots?

my original rockrobo died so I'm looking to replace it.
The 360 S5 LiDAR Robot is 220 + 75$ in fees now.

Do you knows know how returns work? Is it full refund if the vacumn doesn't perform well?
Does it use standard xioami parts? or do I need to look for "360 " branded parts.
I bought N8+ when it was $499 but haven't opened it. The 360 wasn't on sale so I wasn't feel the rush to get it. Now Costco is selling the N8+ for $399. LOL.

360 S5 isn't Xiaomi, even though they look similar. 360 is another brand in China (I am using their dashcam for a few years already and quality is pretty good) and I tried to google if Xiaomi made the S5 for them but couldn't find anything. Reviews for the S5 are limited but generally pretty good. I guess their market share here is small.
Nov 10, 2003
705 posts
307 upvotes
Richmond
TusharN30757 wrote: Get the 360s5 , great vaccum no complaints.
Parts are easily available on Amazon

Also whatever you pay for customs a portion of it will most likely will be refunded in a month or so as I got $19 back from the $40 I paid.
Wow! That's nice.

Now the border will be open by end of the month, getting the Wyze robot vacuum is another option.
Oct 13, 2018
397 posts
485 upvotes
Sunmax wrote: Wow! That's nice.

Now the border will be open by end of the month, getting the Wyze robot vacuum is another option.
Wyze and Xiaomi Mop P is the same except Wyze doesn't have mop I think ? If the cleaning performance is anything similar I would avoid Wyze
Nov 10, 2003
705 posts
307 upvotes
Richmond
TusharN30757 wrote: Wyze and Xiaomi Mop P is the same except Wyze doesn't have mop I think ? If the cleaning performance is anything similar I would avoid Wyze
You are right, Wyze doesn't has mopping. Mopping isn't a must have feature for me, I will rather use Swiffer with wet mopping paper from Dollarama or Daiso.

Why avoid Wyze? Is it bad? So far the reviews I saw say it is pretty good.