[Costco] ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 950 2-in-1 Vacuuming and Mopping Robot $699 Costco

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2020 9:31 am
[OP]
Jul 11, 2016
25 posts
39 upvotes

[Costco] ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 950 2-in-1 Vacuuming and Mopping Robot $699 Costco

ECOVACS DEEBOT Ozmo 950 2-in-1 Vacuuming and Mopping Robot is on sale at 699 at Costco.ca. has very good reviews on YouTube comparing to Roomba I7, Roborock S6.

https://www.costco.ca/ecovacs-deebot-oz ... 34974.html
Last edited by Newbee1978 on Jan 7th, 2020 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
39 replies
Feb 17, 2008
57 posts
59 upvotes
SS76SS wrote: I'm in the market for one, and will look at this closely. Thanks for sharing. Found this review comparing it to the ones you mentioned:
https://www.androidheadlines.com/2019/0 ... ck-s5.html

Clearly this is a better vacuum, had been considering the i7.

For someone who can’t watch at work, is there any written review?

If not, can you give me a summary?

Thanks!
Mar 7, 2011
293 posts
364 upvotes
Is it good for carpets. My iRobot 805 is dying slowly.
Nov 29, 2019
98 posts
42 upvotes
I have a deebot I got a couple of months ago from costco during the BF sale. Was thinking of returning that to get the shark self emptying anyway but it disappeared from the costco website. That one does random cleaning and doesn't map which is annoying. This seems pretty cool where I can get some mopping out of the way and it saves 3 floor maps.
Is the mopping floor only I'm assuming? Or carpet cleaning as well?
Oct 28, 2008
160 posts
62 upvotes
MaanitS29496 wrote: I have a deebot I got a couple of months ago from costco during the BF sale. Was thinking of returning that to get the shark self emptying anyway but it disappeared from the costco website. That one does random cleaning and doesn't map which is annoying. This seems pretty cool where I can get some mopping out of the way and it saves 3 floor maps.
Is the mopping floor only I'm assuming? Or carpet cleaning as well?
I bought this same model from Costco since August. It works flawlessly! I'm not sure how it is on carpets since I have all solid flooring. I just pulled out the main brush and have it on direct suction. As for mopping, it's only for solid flooring (not for carpets). I've only used the mopping feature once and it's sad. It's very streaky and looks like a mess when it's done. I would actually buy the lower model without the mopping feature but since it's the same price (when on sale) it's a fair buy. The nav is very good on this and runs in a back and forth pattern rather running randomly. It maps the entire floor and knows where walls and barriers are.

Be aware that during the setup, it asks for camera and phone permissions. If you don't allow, it won't go any further in the setup. I know some have questioned why it needs phone permissions and have returned due to that. Enjoy!
May 22, 2016
260 posts
179 upvotes
Ok, bought this, it's a great price for the features. Equivalent to the iRobot s9+ (without the self emptying bin) and frankly and half the price. With Costco's great return policy I'm willing to give this a try.
Dec 13, 2017
121 posts
114 upvotes
I'm kinda tempted, but as a long-term purchase, I'm curious how long the company and their app will stick around. My existing Roomba is going on 5+ years now.
Oct 28, 2008
160 posts
62 upvotes
Hate to burst anyone's bubble here but $699 is pretty pricey even on sale. I looked up my receipt from Costco and I bought the Ozmo 937 with mopping capabilities (identical to 950). I can't see a difference between the two models. Anyways, I bought my 937 for $499 on sale ($200 off).
As I said before, the mopping capabilities are non existent. I know it's not on sale, but I suggest buying the Ozmo 907 for $479.99. Still has the navi and mapping feature but no mopping. Just my 2 cents.
Jan 27, 2009
471 posts
167 upvotes
My Samsung vacuum robot just died. I am in the market to replace it and also buying a mopping robot.
This one is a nice option, but can I replace the mopping pad by disposal ones?
May 22, 2016
260 posts
179 upvotes
r_malvia wrote: Hate to burst anyone's bubble here but $699 is pretty pricey even on sale. I looked up my receipt from Costco and I bought the Ozmo 937 with mopping capabilities (identical to 950). I can't see a difference between the two models. Anyways, I bought my 937 for $499 on sale ($200 off).
As I said before, the mopping capabilities are non existent. I know it's not on sale, but I suggest buying the Ozmo 907 for $479.99. Still has the navi and mapping feature but no mopping. Just my 2 cents.
The 937 had much less suction power and much shorter battery life, doesn't have the floating brush which means a poorer cleaning job compared to the 950 and won't clean carpets as well, doesn't mop and vacuum simultaneously making it far less efficient, and does not have the ability to map several floors. It also lacks the ability to control water levels when mopping compared to the 950. Neither are serious mopping vacuums, but if you use it to get some of the bacteria off the floors and just give it a nice shine then they will do the trick, just better with the 950.

The 950 is far superior and worth the $699 tag.
Jan 7, 2020
5 posts
i am looking to buy the ecovacs but i just got s5 max few days ago, anyone thoughts ?
Oct 28, 2008
160 posts
62 upvotes
SS76SS wrote: The 937 had much less suction power and much shorter battery life, doesn't have the floating brush which means a poorer cleaning job compared to the 950 and won't clean carpets as well, doesn't mop and vacuum simultaneously making it far less efficient, and does not have the ability to map several floors. It also lacks the ability to control water levels when mopping compared to the 950. Neither are serious mopping vacuums, but if you use it to get some of the bacteria off the floors and just give it a nice shine then they will do the trick, just better with the 950.

The 950 is far superior and worth the $699 tag.
Can't vouch for the suction power, but it cleans my floors no problem Again, I have all solid flooring with the main brush removed and set for direct suction. My floor is also 1400 sq.ft. which can do the entire map on a single charge with about 30% left to spare. Not sure what you mean about not mopping and vacuum at the same time. They look identical. There's also 4 amounts of water for mopping: low, medium, high and max. Yes, I agree, it's not serious for mopping but for those that are counting on it to do everything; Don't hold your breath!
Mar 5, 2017
55 posts
18 upvotes
I bought the Neato D6 from Bed Bath and Beyond during BF, but I like the idea of the mopping, and room separation. I'll give this one a shot and see which I like better.