Expired Hot Deals

Costco

Element 70"/65" 4K Smart Roku LED TV's $549/$549 Shipped

  • Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 6:18 am
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto

[Costco] Element 70"/65" 4K Smart Roku LED TV's $549/$549 Shipped

These seem to be a fairly recent online only addition to Costco. Since the Hisense 70" is up to $797 again, this 70" might be a budget option worth a look, and the 65" seems reasonably priced also. Not sure if this is intro pricing or if they are using the TCL budget TV approach and sticking with a consistent low price at Costco. Comments seem good, but most have come from the manufacturer, so I would not take them as gospel. Don't know much about these TV's, or their specs, but at least if you are going to roll the dice a bit, Costco is a good place to do it. Usual member benefits: 90 Day return, 2 year warranty, add 3 years $60, free return shipping.

2/19

The 70" has dropped to $549 shipped.
Now both the 65" and 70" are the same price.
Availability may be limited to certain areas so YMMV.
Last edited by idiotcanuck on Feb 19th, 2021 3:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
30 replies
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 10, 2001
1877 posts
80 upvotes
Sudbury
Element is a USA company and the sets are assembled in South Carolina.
Newbie
Feb 7, 2014
46 posts
109 upvotes
The Element 70" has a VA panel. I contacted the company and verified.
Newbie
Feb 7, 2014
46 posts
109 upvotes
Ryes wrote: VA is bad?
No, VA is good.

I didn't see it that info in the listing and know that most want a VA panel, thought I would share.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2020
1872 posts
3673 upvotes
Ryes wrote: VA is bad?
Most TVs have VA panels
Zoomer Wireless: $36 5GB Plan
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
jbone14 wrote: 70” OOS
I was seeing some weird sh*t yesterday. There were 300+ units but not available to ship to my postal code, but on my mobile browser there was no problem. Not sure if this means there are legitimate limitations in some parts of the country, or if it's just a bug in their system.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
Ryes wrote: VA is bad?
Most people prefer a VA panel in a budget TV, unless they have a setting where they need a wide viewing angle, then they go IPS. VA's have narrow viewing angles but darker blacks. IPS are the opposite.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1109 posts
549 upvotes
Perth
I don't understand the downvotes... seems like a good price for a 70". My only concern would be electronics made in America.
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
sneaky wrote: I don't understand the downvotes... seems like a good price for a 70". My only concern would be electronics made in America.
I'm confused too. Not sure if these are people who have had a bad experience with Element or just people who only buy Samsung, Sony, or LG.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
[OP]
Deal Guru
User avatar
Apr 3, 2009
10739 posts
5353 upvotes
Toronto
The 70" has dropped to $549 shipped as well.
Strangely, now the same price as the 65".
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Deal Addict
Jan 4, 2019
1057 posts
609 upvotes
Shit, that's a good price of a 70" I wanted TCL but roku is good too??
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2006
3816 posts
913 upvotes
Kingston
Never heard of Element, are they equal too TCL/Hisense? I have a 40" Hisense with Roku in the bedroom and I like it. I am eventually going to upgrade the main TV and was looking at Hisense with Roku for that but am open to other options.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5168 posts
4478 upvotes
Vancouver
kcorscadden wrote: Never heard of Element, are they equal too TCL/Hisense? I have a 40" Hisense with Roku in the bedroom and I like it. I am eventually going to upgrade the main TV and was looking at Hisense with Roku for that but am open to other options.
I would rank Element below TCL and Hisense. The parent company owns other brand names designed for supermarkets like Westinghouse Electronics.

It's assembled in USA which adds nothing of value other than perceived quality. Something else has to give for the expensive labor, so it's likely quality of the materials.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jan 2, 2012
4116 posts
3177 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
Spinner wrote: I would rank Element below TCL and Hisense. The parent company owns other brand names designed for supermarkets like Westinghouse Electronics.

It's assembled in USA which adds nothing of value other than perceived quality. Something else has to give for the expensive labor, so it's likely quality of the materials.
I wouldn't be too sure about the quality of materials. Assembling them in the US. in South Carolina, which is a 'Right to Work' state, means that workers could be making $12/hr.
I'm not sure what their business model is, but it may typical government (taxpayer) subsidised enterprise where they build the brand up then sell it off once the contractual obligations expire.
This is nothing new.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 19, 2002
5168 posts
4478 upvotes
Vancouver
MrFrugal1 wrote: I wouldn't be too sure about the quality of materials. Assembling them in the US. in South Carolina, which is a 'Right to Work' state, means that workers could be making $12/hr.
I'm not sure what their business model is, but it may typical government (taxpayer) subsidised enterprise where they build the brand up then sell it off once the contractual obligations expire.
This is nothing new.
TVs today are built in China using automation. Look at this Hisense factory video for example. $12/hr is expensive when robots in China are probably assembling for less. Somebody is paying for those inefficient and unskilled American workers.

Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1858 posts
2306 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Good price OP if looking for a low end TV.

It states that Element has a 2 year manufacturer warranty. Does that mean Costco adds another year, and that extended warranty adds another 3 years - 6 years in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2016
1858 posts
2306 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
jbone14 wrote: 70” OOS
idiotcanuck wrote: I was seeing some weird sh*t yesterday. There were 300+ units but not available to ship to my postal code, but on my mobile browser there was no problem. Not sure if this means there are legitimate limitations in some parts of the country, or if it's just a bug in their system.
In Alberta, we have a bunch of stock. Try checking again - hopefully you get it.

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)