Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Element 70"/65" 4K Smart Roku LED TV's $549/$549 Shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2021 6:18 am
Feb 7, 2014
51 posts
110 upvotes
Bigboy16 wrote: Good price OP if looking for a low end TV.

It states that Element has a 2 year manufacturer warranty. Does that mean Costco adds another year, and that extended warranty adds another 3 years - 6 years in total.
I'm pretty sure you only end up with 5 years buying the extended warranty. Hope I am wrong though. :)

From the warranty page:
2 Years Costco Concierge Plus 3 Years, Extended Protection = 5 Years Total
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
Not a lot of info out there about these TV's, but here is WM US with lots of comments and links to the manuals, and this guy has a 55" Element and a similar ONN and TCL and seems to like the Element.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/ELEMENT-70-C ... /632565655

Like I was saying earlier in the thread, in the absence of detailed info, you might have to take a leap of faith and try one of these, if it is what you are looking for, but at least Costco ships and return ships it if you decide it isn't what you want. The cheap extended 5 year warranty also helps to allay any longevity fears on an unknown brand too.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?
Mar 3, 2004
356 posts
100 upvotes
Brampton
Does anyone know it screen is glossy or matte?
Jan 14, 2008
842 posts
594 upvotes
Toronto
I remember Target had a line of Element branded TVs...
anyone-try-element-4k-target-tv-1639579/2/

RFD experts determined they were rebranded Seikis at the time

Are these related to Seiki or perhaps a different brand rebranded
Jun 22, 2015
348 posts
174 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
gc99 wrote: I remember Target had a line of Element branded TVs...

I hope not. I am trying to get rid of my Seiki for something new. Its just the bedroom TV but it suuuucks. I was looking at this one but not if its associated with Seiki.
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2006
4578 posts
2489 upvotes
Same parent co. with components made in China but tv assembled in the USA (does that mean better workmanship or worse?).

Maybe better warranty/service outside of Costco if it's ever needed...
DeadHead wrote: I hope not. I am trying to get rid of my Seiki for something new. Its just the bedroom TV but it suuuucks. I was looking at this one but not if its associated with Seiki.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9210 upvotes
Vancouver
gc99 wrote: I remember Target had a line of Element branded TVs...

The parent company of Element is based in China. The parent company also owns Westinghouse Electronics and Seiki.

Yes, Element is related to Seiki. In fact, if you search for replacement parts, many of the components like power supplies are shared between Element and Seiki.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9210 upvotes
Vancouver
mangoman wrote: Same parent co. with components made in China but tv assembled in the USA (does that mean better workmanship or worse?).

Maybe better warranty/service outside of Costco if it's ever needed...
Probably worse workmanship. You can see this TCL TV "Made in Poland." Essentially, Polish workers in T-shirts and jeans pull a partially assembled TV out of the TCL box, assemble it, and put back in the same box. It's like an Ikea activity.

Compare that to the TCL products Made in China in actual cleanrooms by robots in China.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
DeadHead wrote: I hope not. I am trying to get rid of my Seiki for something new. Its just the bedroom TV but it suuuucks. I was looking at this one but not if its associated with Seiki.
I have an early UltraHD Seiki. In fact that's what I'm using to read this thread. I use it as my main desktop monitor. It's done extremely well considering it was dirt cheap when I bought it 6.5 years ago (at Tiger Direct!).

A few years back, it stopped working. I took it apart and found a solder joint that failed (it looked burnt due to arcing). Easy to fix, even for someone who solders less than once a year.

6.5 years is a long time in the TV industry. Brands change a lot. Westinghouse started in the US in 1886. Tesla worked for them! After many financial engineer failures, the brand itself became a product https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westingho ... orporation
Deal Guru
Apr 3, 2009
10836 posts
5634 upvotes
Toronto
I am still seeing weird stock issues here. If I try to put one in my cart on a Windows browser it is OOS in various postal codes, if I put one in my cart in a mobile browser it is in stock and shippable. So if anyone is having OOS issues for their location, try a mobile browser. I didn't complete a transaction though, so it might actually be OOS.
I would give my life to protect your right to say something really funking stupid.

Respect your OP's. They don't get paid to do this, and don't have to come here to post their deals for you. They can all just hoard their deals in silence, if you prefer?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)