Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Costco

Embassy suspending ceilling kit for 7.43 sqm

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 30th, 2022 3:21 pm
Tags:
Banned
Apr 5, 2021
95 posts
212 upvotes

[Costco] Embassy suspending ceilling kit for 7.43 sqm

This kit just got back in stock. It will officialy be 20% off next monday but pretty sure it wont be in stock, you will just have to call costco to get the 70$ off for each box next monday.
Images
  • Screenshots_2021-04-13-16-40-48.png
86 replies
Apr 11, 2020
294 posts
616 upvotes
Which country's embassy is suspending this kit, and why?
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2013
2877 posts
2839 upvotes
Ottawa
Windyt wrote: Which country's embassy is suspending this kit, and why?
Be careful, that country might claim your property being part of their embassy and claim ownership
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8349 posts
8888 upvotes
Don't have ceilings high enough for this but looks nice...
Deal Fanatic
May 4, 2014
5217 posts
7141 upvotes
Toronto, ON
muffin4life wrote: Don't have ceilings high enough for this but looks nice...
Nice like the 90s..
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
er34er34 wrote: Nice like the 90s..
You prefer drywall until something leaks upstairs or you need to access the ceiling
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2004
4658 posts
567 upvotes
We just finished an office space with this. It's a lot nicer than any drop ceiling I've ever seen. Very heavy duty.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
skinnydoggy wrote: You prefer drywall until something leaks upstairs or you need to access the ceiling
Embassy on sale is $3.50/sqft

Drywall is like $1.00/sqft finished

I can redo my entire drywall ceiling 3 times and still save money.
Let's hug it out
Nov 27, 2013
165 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
RCGA wrote: Embassy on sale is $3.50/sqft

Drywall is like $1.00/sqft finished

I can redo my entire drywall ceiling 3 times and still save money.
I’ll pay you twice that to come drywall my basement ceiling.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 10, 2008
5211 posts
2024 upvotes
Splashed wrote: I’ll pay you twice that to come drywall my basement ceiling.
This Embassy system installs itself I guess?
Let's hug it out
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2399 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
This CAN look good, but to me these are too small of sections and the all white seems kinda dated. Price is decent, although not much difference and you can customize as you like. All subjective of course, and pending your handiness/skill level.

We (my GF and I) recently just did our basement ceiling in this style but with some changes.

Ripped down the contractor installed drop ceiling and simply used 2x4 on their edge to build a frame, made ledges with trim board and then panels with hardboard sitting inside them...super cheap and can make them any colour combo you want. Got some wifi lights, in ceiling speakers and BAM new theatre room!

The biggest thing was the amount of ceiling height GAINED from ripping out the shitty drop ceiling. We got an extra 6.75" of headroom from doing it, absolutely insane difference. The builders basically levelled out the ceiling with the ductwork than runs through the middle of the basement :facepalm: just lazy.

Just some extra info for people thinking of doing something similar.
Images
  • IMG_20200126_142836.jpg
  • IMG_20200126_142843.jpg
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1293 posts
384 upvotes
Gatineau
I have it in my basement. Way better than the usual suspended. Minimal height loss!
I keep getting super nice comments on it. Can't beat the flexibility of being able to access.
I had both a drywalled and suspended ceiling in my 2 houses.
Will not go back to drywall in a basement. It allowed me to wire new things (central humidifier, fridge water connection, new spa 40amp wire, new smart light fixtures, adding a 4way switch...)
If you're 100p sure you will never do anything new or you are not a DIY then sure, do drywall.
I like to keep improving my home and that suspended ceiling is wonderful
IMG_20161204_185422-1.jpg
IMG_20161203_222029.jpg
IMG_20161203_221956.jpg
IMG_20201229_125338.jpg
IMG_20201229_125352.jpg
IMG_20201229_125303.jpg
Last edited by ck01 on Apr 13th, 2021 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
2399 posts
3918 upvotes
Onterrible
ck01 wrote: I have it in my basement. Way better than the usual suspended. Minimal height loss!
I keep getting super nice comments on it. Can't beat the flexibility of being able to access.
I had both a drywalled and suspended ceiling in my 2 houses.
Will not go back to drywall in a basement. It allowed me to wire new things (central humidifier, fridge water connection, new spa 40amp wire, new smart light fixtures, adding a 4way switch...)
If you're 100p sure you will never do anything new or you are not a DIY then sure, do drywall.
I like to keep improving my home and that suspended ceiling is wonderful
Could you post some pics??

I'd love to see what it looks like since I'm not that impressed with the website pictures lol and it sounds like you are impressed by it, especially if people are liking it.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1293 posts
384 upvotes
Gatineau
Done. Taste is subjective of course. I like the simplicity of it.
It's a basement. Like in "it's a basement, not my main floor showroom" ;)
I wouldn't put that on my main floor.
Clean look compared to the crappy 2x4 suspended tiles most put up
ChippewaBarr wrote: Could you post some pics??

I'd love to see what it looks like since I'm not that impressed with the website pictures lol and it sounds like you are impressed by it, especially if people are liking it.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
1293 posts
384 upvotes
Gatineau
Great job looks great!
ChippewaBarr wrote: This CAN look good, but to me these are too small of sections and the all white seems kinda dated. Price is decent, although not much difference and you can customize as you like. All subjective of course, and pending your handiness/skill level.

We (my GF and I) recently just did our basement ceiling in this style but with some changes.

Ripped down the contractor installed drop ceiling and simply used 2x4 on their edge to build a frame, made ledges with trim board and then panels with hardboard sitting inside them...super cheap and can make them any colour combo you want. Got some wifi lights, in ceiling speakers and BAM new theatre room!

The biggest thing was the amount of ceiling height GAINED from ripping out the shitty drop ceiling. We got an extra 6.75" of headroom from doing it, absolutely insane difference. The builders basically levelled out the ceiling with the ductwork than runs through the middle of the basement :facepalm: just lazy.

Nov 27, 2013
165 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
ChippewaBarr wrote: This CAN look good, but to me these are too small of sections and the all white seems kinda dated. Price is decent, although not much difference and you can customize as you like. All subjective of course, and pending your handiness/skill level.

Looks great, did you just toenail screw the 2x4s into the floor joists?
Nov 27, 2013
165 posts
194 upvotes
Winnipeg
RCGA wrote: This Embassy system installs itself I guess?
It’s a lot more user friendly than drywall. I’ve done plenty of both. A low skill diyer can easily crack out this embassy ceiling and have it looking great. I wouldn’t say the same about DIY drywall.
Sep 1, 2017
101 posts
146 upvotes
ChippewaBarr wrote: Ripped down the contractor installed drop ceiling and simply used 2x4 on their edge to build a frame, made ledges with trim board and then panels with hardboard sitting inside them...super cheap and can make them any colour combo you want.
This looks really good! I'm just starting to finish our basement and might price this out! What thickness of hardboard did you use?

Do you know roughly $/sqft? At $3.75/sqft this embassy ceiling is nice but just not in my budget.
Last edited by Miatch on Apr 13th, 2021 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 5, 2015
236 posts
198 upvotes
Toronto
Will the 20% off be in Ontario? Where did you see that, anyway to confirm?